Saint Peter

Death List Convention

Could someone spell out where we are with this thing? Is there a venue and a time? If so, could someone PM me with the details. Will there be any cigars?

Real or ethereal?

I'm beginning to think I missed something subtle...trink38.gif, no surprises there!

Could someone spell out where we are with this thing? Is there a venue and a time? If so, could someone PM me with the details. Will there be any cigars?

Important questions. They must be answered. If I can make it, i need to get there early so that I can find a 'vantage point'.

Important questions. They must be answered. If I can make it, i need to get there early so that I can find a 'vantage point'.

Now this is why The Pooka is super cool.

You say "vantage point" the rest of us say "prop up the Bar".

Now this is why The Pooka is facing charges.

You say "vantage point" the rest of us say "Furtively hiding in a tree".

That's better

That's better

:rolleyes: Class.

Rather than wearing avatar t-shirts, would it not be a good idea to come to Deathcon1 dressed as our favourite deathlist candidates. I'm sure Harry McScally would make a fine Warren Zevon, The Pooka has an obvious choice, I could make a fairly convincing Castro, and Godot could come as a squid.

Opinions?

Rather than wearing avatar t-shirts, would it not be a good idea to come to Deathcon1 dressed as our favourite deathlist candidates. I'm sure Harry McScally would make a fine Warren Zevon, The Pooka has an obvious choice, I could make a fairly convincing Castro, and Godot could come as a squid.

Opinions?

The Zevon look is sooo 1969/2005. It's a toss-up between George Lineker and Red Rum at the moment.

Opinions?

So you didn't spot the fact that I've nicked my avatar from a Zevon album cover, then.

I could make a fairly convincing Castro, Opinions?

That depends. If the objective is to have guest/iain/dave etc. show up and be immediately impaled by LFN's wooden leg and then launched into the street, go for it.

It's worth considering that anyone intending to come as a famous DL character will have to negotiate some of the most congested streets and public transport in Britain in the run up to Christmas. Do yourselves a favour, DON'T come as Bin Laden.

Go on tell me where it is, as much as I find the thought of you all being real people scary, I like being drunk and badly behaved, so you never know I might attend

I think I'll come as Jeremy Thorpe, since that's who it was brought me here in the first place.

I'm not sure if Thorpe has a habit of rubbing his hands together in gleeful anticipation when he walks into a pub, but that's likely to be the way those of you who don't know me already will recognise me. It's one of those things I just can't help.

That's better

I may be prepared to venture down from the tree and into the pub to have a good look at you all. Needless to say I will be disguised (pointlessly, alas, as none of you know what I look like).

For I am the Man of a Thousand Faces.

Took part in a pub quiz this evening using "Deathlist Convention" as a team name. (We came 3rd after deliberately losing a tiebreak to some ladies)

The landlady who ran the quiz was heard to remark "That's an awful name".

Can the committee come up with something else more likely to appeal to half-pished Irish pub landladies?

Might be important on the night.

Took part in a pub quiz this evening using "Deathlist Convention" as a team name. (We came 3rd after deliberately losing a tiebreak to some ladies)

Can the committee come up with something else more likely to appeal to half-pished Irish pub landladies?

Tinned Shergar United?

Cheers,

BHB

P.S. NAP, did your chivalrous tiebreak throwing pay dividends and result in some romantic fumbling with said ladies or are you too much of a gentleman to tell?

You could - of course - adopt any of the stunning array of inventive names presented in the various deadpools.

Or take something gross and obscure from the urban dictionary, How about Feast of Blumpkin?

NAP, did your chivalrous tiebreak throwing pay dividends and result in some romantic fumbling with said ladies or are you too much of a gentleman to tell?

To answer your questions in reverse order: no, but no.

If you had been there, you would have understood.

I'll try to be there if I can.

How about 'DL's Absent Friends' as a tribute this years hits and the members who can't make it?

The Unconventional Conventionalists. I know it's a Rocky Horror reference but I think it works

The Unconventional Conventionalists. I know it's a Rocky Horror reference but I think it works

Handy, sweetie , that would only work up to the Fifth pint.

If there was a wilful and deliberate act to purposely loose, to allow the Ladies to beat you, then perhaps a name such as

"Dead Chivalrous" would kill two birds with one stone.

When are we sending our quiz team to 'Eggheads' to kill CJ da Mooi?

I believe the pot is upto 75,000 pounds.

When are we sending our quiz team to 'Eggheads' to kill CJ da Mooi?

I believe the pot is upto 75,000 pounds.

Bit out of date Winny, the Pot was won tonight but a group of " Spotty Herberts".

The Eggheads lost out by not knowing how many States in the USA still had the Death Penalty and the Herberts knew that Nicosia was the furthest South EU Capital compared to Lisbon and Valleta.