Saint Peter

Death List Convention

I almost gobbed my beer out when I read "legopener". Bravo. However at 50p a mouthful I kept it down!

DWB :P

I seem to recall buying one pint of Fosters and a large white wine and it coming to nearly eight f*****g quid!

Egads! Eight quid for a pint and a legopener. That's unbelievable.

To be fair to the hostelry in question my non-alcoholic drinks weren't too bad and the pie of the day, mash and veg of the day was a hefty plateful for £6-99. Not bad considering where we were, you could run up a larger bill parking a car for the time it took to eat that lunch.

To be fair to the hostelry in question my non-alcoholic drinks weren't too bad and the pie of the day, mash and veg of the day was a hefty plateful for £6-99. Not bad considering where we were, you could run up a larger bill parking a car for the time it took to eat that lunch.

That's a fair point, you certainly did have a large portion. And I was rather drunk, so I may be remembering things incorrectly - besides, I'm a Wiltshire bumpkin - I don't like having to pay more than a handful of magic beans for anything. All I know is, I arrived home with a purse emptier than Jonathan Ross's works diary.

Thanks LFN for the leg work in making it happen, nice one, (and for ware'in that green t-shirt!). I think we had a good time. Well done those who made trip. Esp' NAP flying in for the event. Hope you made your event the following day, and weren't too hung over.

Very, very nice to meet the 4 new attendees. Lard Bazaar - what fun, very nice to meet you, made it all worth while. MPFC, what very nice personable chap you are in real life. In the end what shame you had to go early (IOU a pint by the way) and miss... "harrymcnallysblueandwhitearmy" and Lady Grendel (very nice to meet both of you) shame my overlap was on the short side but my element of a shambolic public transport system was waiting. Pity I did not know in advance that someone wanted to get run over by one of these bloody great train things in Wellingborough, our else I would have had another hour to enjoy with you all.

DL III, who's going to organise it? Me? If not me, then at least I think it should only be entrusted to one of the previous attendees.

Thanks LFN for the leg work in making it happen, nice one, (and for ware'in that green t-shirt!). I think we had a good time. Well done those who made trip. Esp' NAP flying in for the event. Hope you made your event the following day, and weren't too hung over.

Very, very nice to meet the 4 new attendees. Lard Bazaar - what fun, very nice to meet you, made it all worth while. MPFC, what very nice personable chap you are in real life. In the end what shame you had to go early (IOU a pint by the way) and miss... "harrymcnallysblueandwhitearmy" and Lady Grendel (very nice to meet both of you) shame my overlap was on the short side but my element of a shambolic public transport system was waiting. Pity I did not know in advance that someone wanted to get run over by one of these bloody great train things in Wellingborough, our else I would have had another hour to enjoy with you all.

DL III, who's going to organise it? Me? If not me, then at least I think it should only be entrusted to one of the previous attendees.

I think you would do a fine job of organising the next one - your utter dedication to the cause genuinely impressed me!

Yes I got there on time, thank you for asking. I was pretty hung over but a well-judged tactical chunder at 5am kept it within the bounds of endurableness.

As regards next year, as LG pointed out Dublin Airport is one of the easiest and cheapest places in Europe to get to. So how about having it there?

Yes I got there on time, thank you for asking. I was pretty hung over but a well-judged tactical chunder at 5am kept it within the bounds of endurableness.

Poor you NAP, that's awful, I was doing the touristy crap in Central London mid afternoon while you were working, not a sniff of a hangover in sight, must be those Glaswegian genes :) .

As regards next year, as LG pointed out Dublin Airport is one of the easiest and cheapest places in Europe to get to. So how about having it there?

I'm sure it wasn't me that mentioned Dublin , F*****g expensive city, if you fancy paying almost a tenner for a pint you are on your own, I reckon our best bet is back in the UK in April/May, think we thought that would be good, London again, it's most central, mind we could always try and persuade the rest to visit Glasgow, if I remember rightly Mother India's Cafe was a great place for a non official DL meet, and there is always the Bon Accord :) .

My thanks to Harry for returning a substitute ****** to me. How you managed to get such a large one in such a small box I will never know.

My thanks to Harry for returning a substitute ****** to me. How you managed to get such a large one in such a small box I will never know.

My pleasure, sir. A dog-headed god without its ****** is worse than a shang-a-lang without its oojamaflip.

Dublin Airport sounds good to me! :)

Seeing as I've never been to Ireland or Scotland I'll add my voice to it being a good idea to move the venue of DL III.

Seeing as I've never been to Ireland or Scotland I'll add my voice to it being a good idea to move the venue of DL III.

I mostly don't mind where we go but please don't make me fly, it's my worst nightmare! And plus I look like Rosemary West without the glasses on my passport photo, so I've been told, which is quite worrying because on my previous passport I had a perm and someone else said I looked like Ma><ine Carr. Maybe I'll just go the whole hog now and grow a beard a la the Yorkshire Ripper.

If you cant get more than half a dozen people turn up to a venue in London, whats the f*****g point in holding it outside of England? I was made aware of those that "might" those that would but were unable to and those ( the worst of the f*****g lot ) who "Really, really" wanted to come down and "really really" were coming down but failed to show and, suprise suprise have suddenly gone quiet on here.

I know the people who were unable to make it ( The Graves) those that might turn up ( Godot ) and that was fine.

The thing that twated me off was the fact that the meet had been known about MONTHS in advance.

So why say that you are definately going to come when you f*****g arent?

Thats just wank.

I hope I didn't mislead by saying I'd definitely turn up but not doing so -- I *think* I probably indicated that I was definitely looking forward to it but that I might not manage to make it. As it was, the events of the 24 hours from about 6pm on Friday onwards would have prevented me from getting there even if there was free money on tap [an odd image] or, better still, the promise of chatting with Windsor about, um, whatever crazy thoughts were going through the boy's head. So I hope I don't fall into the "suddenly-gone-quiet" camp.

However, the fact that several of the people who *did* make it journeyed from afar suggests that maybe an out-of-London venue might work fine. Perhaps the casualness of the M25 area people would have been offset if they'd had to go to the lengths of getting a Ryanair flight etc.

But, yes, I generally feel the same about people not showing up to things they've said they would. [insert here 1,500 words of Banshees-style idiotic rambling about how I've just realised I'm a hypocrite after the above (but that the realisation is "real", albeit given our "reality" is only "real" to ourselves...) and.... Jeez... I should sleep.]

If you cant get more than half a dozen people turn up to a venue in London, whats the f*****g point in holding it outside of England? I was made aware of those that "might" those that would but were unable to and those ( the worst of the f*****g lot ) who "Really, really" wanted to come down and "really really" were coming down but failed to show and, suprise suprise have suddenly gone quiet on here.

I know the people who were unable to make it ( The Graves) those that might turn up ( Godot ) and that was fine.

The thing that twated me off was the fact that the meet had been known about MONTHS in advance.

Thats just wank.

I hope I didn't mislead by saying I'd definitely turn up but not doing so -- I *think* I probably indicated that I was definitely looking forward to it but that I might not manage to make it. As it was, the events of the 24 hours from about 6pm on Friday onwards would have prevented me from getting there even if there was free money on tap [an odd image] or, better still, the promise of chatting with Windsor about, um, whatever crazy thoughts were going through the boy's head.

Couldn't you just forge a note from your mum? It've been less convuloted than your (no doubfully true) explanation.

Thats just wank.

Agreed, LFN put in a lot of his time to organise it, with good and bad results, for the 'Magnificent Seven' it was a great afternoon/evening, I certainly don't regret travelling 350 miles to attend, I'll make the effort to attend DL Con III, if there is one. Having met 9 DL'ers now, and I've liked every one of them, I'll be there. I for one, wouldn't want to organise it, I live in the middle of nowhere but I don't think LFN has had the credit he deserves for organising it, it was quite an achievement to get 7 people, who've never met each other in their lives, to travel such distances and get together, well all I can say is well done LFN, see you next April/May <_< .

Thats just wank.

Agreed, LFN put in a lot of his time to organise it, with good and bad results, for the 'Magnificent Seven' it was a great afternoon/evening, I certainly don't regret travelling 350 miles to attend, I'll make the effort to attend DL Con III, if there is one. Having met 9 DL'ers now, and I've liked every one of them, I'll be there. I for one, wouldn't want to organise it, I live in the middle of nowhere but I don't think LFN has had the credit he deserves for organising it, it was quite an achievement to get 7 people, who've never met each other in their lives, to travel such distances and get together, well all I can say is well done LFN, see you next April/May <_< .

Alphonsin, I wasnt refering to you, I knew you would either just appear or not at all.

The thrust of my whinge was at people who said they would and didnt despite living within the same country border and having zillions of days notice.

Logistically a more central venue would be better, however, those based London way wont turn up, those that have travelled from overseas find London more convienient ( Stansted and family around London) I find it a very straightforward train journey, as did LB and RA ( at least i think you did RA ) which leaves the hero of the day LG who, travelled down on our fantastic Rail network.

I think, unless somebody else has a more concrete idea, London is probably the best of the bunch.

Despite my earlier post, there shouldn't be any need for recriminations or apologies. DL Con (TM McNally <_< ) is now an established annual event and it'll hopefully continue as long as the site does. If people don't attend when they say will, or attend when they say they won't, it matters not. As the person who instigated the first one and then 'forgot' to turn up, I'm a fine one to talk. EmbarrassedSmiley.gif

Oh, and it'll always be in London, in case anyone was wondering. As if I'd travel more than 5 miles... :P

That's my year's smiley ration all used up. :(

[font=I Hate Comic Sans MS"]Oh, and it'll always be in London, in case anyone was wondering.

That gives the next organiser plenty of scope then, I quite fancy Kiribati myself.

The thrust of my whinge was at people who said they would and didnt despite living within the same country border and having zillions of days notice.

Logistically a more central venue would be better, however, those based London way wont turn up, those that have travelled from overseas find London more convienient.

I think, unless somebody else has a more concrete idea, London is probably the best of the bunch.

Well, I could never come due to work (and knew this quite early on), and indeed never indicated I was coming to this one, and told people I wasn't as well, so I hope this didn't cause any bad issues.

Just a suggestion - and only a suggestion -

Somewhere near Luton?

Good for all the Scots as they could get flights down to the airport.

Good for all the Londoners as easy reach, but without London pub prices

Good for those in France, Germany, Spain & most of Central (and indeed with the Czech Republic, Slovakia & Poland), Eastern Europe.

On the M1 & by the A5, so not too bad for those driving.

Has three train stations there too, so that's got to help people too.

Now, I don't suggest this because I used to live there, and live 15 miles away - but because it seems a decent compromise.

And of course, whilst I wouldn't organise the get-together, I do know plenty of pubs/restaurants round the area - not Luton itself, it's too shitty - including some very very nice country pubs where you can get pissed as a fart & eat & still have change for £20!

Logistically a more central venue would be better, however, those based London way wont turn up, those that have travelled from overseas find London more convienient.

Well, I could never come due to work (and knew this quite early on), and indeed never indicated I was coming to this one, and told people I wasn't as well, so I hope this didn't cause any bad issues.

Just a suggestion - and only a suggestion -

Somewhere near Luton?

Good for all the Scots as they could get flights down to the airport.

Good for all the Londoners as easy reach, but without London pub prices

Good for those in France, Germany, Spain & most of Central (and indeed with the Czech Republic, Slovakia & Poland), Eastern Europe.

On the M1 & by the A5, so not too bad for those driving.

Has three train stations there too, so that's got to help people too.

Now, I don't suggest this because I used to live there, and live 15 miles away - but because it seems a decent compromise.

And of course, whilst I wouldn't organise the get-together, I do know plenty of pubs/restaurants round the area - not Luton itself, it's too shitty - including some very very nice country pubs where you can get pissed as a fart & eat & still have change for £20!

I like the cut of your gib, young man.

I like the cut of your gib, young man.

Young?

Oh bless you, that's the nicest thing anyone has said to me all day! :(

<_<

Luton also needs something to liven it up, like a deadpooling convention. A desperate excuse for a town the last time I visited to watch Carlisle fought to a draw at Kenilworth Road's crumbling edifice. A night so devoid of fun that local chavs attempting to land firework rockets on the pitch were roundly cheered by all those trapped inside and forced to watch the football.

Luton also needs something to liven it up, like a deadpooling convention. A desperate excuse for a town the last time I visited to watch Carlisle fought to a draw at Kenilworth Road's crumbling edifice. A night so devoid of fun that local chavs attempting to land firework rockets on the pitch were roundly cheered by all those trapped inside and forced to watch the football.

You always manage to weave a magical tale of fear, terror, disappointment and utter arse clenching tedium.

A true Carlisle supporter methinks.

You deseve a medal Sir!

You always manage to weave a magical tale of fear, terror, disappointment and utter arse clenching tedium.

A true Carlisle supporter methinks.

You deseve a medal Sir!

What's Banshees got to do with this?