Saint Peter

Death List Convention

Come on people, give me a hand here!!!

Lets make some things clear........

Anybody who has met me, as you have LG, knows full well that im not the rude arrogant and shoot from the hip character I appear to be on here.

You're not ??

Really ? But I have always found those qualities in you so endearing, so LFNish. Have I been deceived?

Is there no end to life's disappointments?

I may be forced to attend the "do" if only to give you a thorough dressing down.

Personally, I would rather not say. If I can make it on the day I will.

That way if like last year, my cousin who is like a sister to me, tries to commit suicide again and I have to go on an emergency trip to Argentina, I won't have to take crap when I return.

If I show up at the convention it will be a bonus, if I don't... well, I never said I would be there anyway.

So...does anybody else want to take over from LFN?

If LFN really means "I'm off" then read into it what you want. To me, it looks like LFN does not want the hassle that goes along side touching base with those who express an interest in attending a DL-Con'. My basis being, the more the merrier, but a gathering of just 7 of us is not to be underestimated in the least what with the fun we all had with helping Lardy get well drunk. I had a good time and I'm very prepared to do all the "leg-work" to make another event happen.

So...does anybody else want to take over from LFN?

If LFN really means "I'm off" then read into it what you want. To me, it looks like LFN does not want the hassle that goes along side touching base with those who express an interest in attending a DL-Con'. My basis being, the more the merrier, but a gathering of just 7 of us is not to be underestimated in the least what with the fun we all had with helping Lardy get well drunk. I had a good time and I'm very prepared to do all the "leg-work" to make another event happen.

Me? Needing help to get drunk? I don't believe it! :)

Well, I made an earlier offer, and November 7 is good with me. Bring it on.

Oh, and as I have been unable to make earlier meets, do tell me about the previous venues and their problems.

If you're planning on coming, let me know when you can be in central London, and I can (given enough notice) give you detailed instructions on how to get wherever we're going.

Finally, just to let you know, I'm not one of those people who don't suffer fools gladly.

I don't suffer them at all.

Well, I made an earlier offer, and November 7 is good with me. Bring it on.

Oh, and as I have been unable to make earlier meets, do tell me about the previous venues and their problems.

If you're planning on coming, let me know when you can be in central London, and I can (given enough notice) give you detailed instructions on how to get wherever we're going.

Finally, just to let you know, I'm not one of those people who don't suffer fools gladly.

I don't suffer them at all.

Twelvetrees? Aren't you just outside Sevenoaks? :unsure:

Is that near 'Beech'yhead?

You seem not to have twigged about my earlier comment regarding suffering and fools.

I'll also have you know that my extensive fan club has branches throughout the South East.

It appears that a few posts have been deleted. What is the reason behind this act? Oh, and a dozen trees, I have a little question for you. Do you have one of those "Renaissance beards"? You seem like one of those guys who have involvement with the most unusual and outdated activities. If my vision of your existence is wrong - just accept it as a educated guess rather then a direct insult.

It appears that a few posts have been deleted. What is the reason behind this act? Oh, and a dozen trees, I have a little question for you. Do you have one of those "Renaissance beards"? You seem like one of those guys who have involvement with the most unusual and outdated activities. If my vision of your existence is wrong - just accept it as a educated guess rather then a direct insult.

Twelvetrees could this possibly be you? Or are you more of a mediæval jouster, come train spotter, come twitcher, come fletcher?

glasto4.jpg

And please accept it as an uneducated guess and an admired compliment rather than a sN-word behind the back insult.

My "why can't we all get along" post was one of the deleted victims. It's pretty obvious who would be motivated to removed the two (or more?) posts.

My "why can't we all get along" post was one of the deleted victims. It's pretty obvious who would be motivated to removed the two (or more?) posts.

Aha! Well spotted Terminator -- it's someone who doesn't like the term get along.

Probably someone who is disabled. No doubt, persecuted mercilessly by policemen as a little child. Mocked constantly by being asked to "move along, there's nothing to see here. Ha Ha!"

Excellent spotting Terminator.

But who moves amongst us able-bodied deathlisters with a squeaky wheel and an authority fixation?

or did you mean something else perhaps?

Twelvetrees could this possibly be you? Or are you more of a mediæval jouster, come train spotter, come twitcher, come fletcher?

glasto4.jpg

And please accept it as an uneducated guess and an admired compliment rather than a sN-word behind the back insult.

Yes, that's me all right, rehearsing for DC3. It's going to be a bladder-whacking bonanza. I must admit that the mechanical menagerie scared the sh!t out of me. I mean, what's wrong with entertaining the kiddies by sticking your hand up a badger?

Twelvetrees? Aren't you just outside Sevenoaks? :)

You seem not to have twigged about my earlier comment regarding suffering and fools.

I'll also have you know that my extensive fan club has branches throughout the South East.

As it's unfair to you (if you never saw the responses), it was simply that another member misread your comments as antagonistic, whereas I pointed out your continuation of the tree-based references showed (to me) that it was a light-hearted response.

It does show how touchy at least one of the moderators is.

Actually, is it possible to elevate Banshee Scream to moderator level? I reckon a few moments after (s)he clicks the <add reply> button, (s)he wishes that could be extracted. In the end, it'd save everyone the torture of ill-spelt drivel....includibf the author.

Twelvetrees? Aren't you just outside Sevenoaks? :)

As it's unfair to you (if you never saw the responses), it was simply that another member misread your comments as antagonistic, whereas I pointed out your continuation of the tree-based references showed (to me) that it was a light-hearted response.

It does show how touchy at least one of the moderators is.

Actually, is it possible to elevate Banshee Scream to moderator level? I reckon a few moments after (s)he clicks the <add reply> button, (s)he wishes that could be extracted. In the end, it'd save everyone the torture of ill-spelt drivel....includibf the author.

Thank you for clearing up something that had seemed mysterious. You are quite right, I didn't see any responses. I shall make more effort to root out potential misunderstandings in future. Be assured, my bark is worse than my bite.

Can we have DL Con III ('In London No-one Can Hear You Think' ) in high summer this year, please? It'll still rain but at least it'll be warmer.

I think you just elected yourself as Grand High Organiser. Congratulations. Be sure to let us know where and when you've arranged it this year.

So Harry, do you really want the "gig" to organise DL Con III?

We are now over half way through the year and no DL Con III is in sight. I seem to remember Rotten Ali offering to arrange one a while back, it's a thankless task RA just ask HMBWA and LFN but I think if it is going ahead we need someone to coordinate it. I'm not in England so I am not the best placed person to organise it, but I am happy to help you out sending details to any interested DL'ers, I'll be useless at finding decent pubs in London though on the other hand if it's going to be held in Glasgow I'm your man :rolleyes: .

Can we have DL Con III ('In London No-one Can Hear You Think' ) in high summer this year, please? It'll still rain but at least it'll be warmer.

I think you just elected yourself as Grand High Organiser. Congratulations. Be sure to let us know where and when you've arranged it this year.

So Harry, do you really want the "gig" to organise DL Con III?

We are now over half way through the year and no DL Con III is in sight. I seem to remember Rotten Ali offering to arrange one a while back, it's a thankless task RA just ask HMBWA and LFN but I think if it is going ahead we need someone to coordinate it. I'm not in England so I am not the best placed person to organise it, but I am happy to help you out sending details to any interested DL'ers, I'll be useless at finding decent pubs in London though on the other hand if it's going to be held in Glasgow I'm your man :rolleyes: .

I've been in therapy ever since organising that convention, by the way.

At the risk of getting my nuts chewed I would say that if anybody was going to organize it, it would really need to be in Londinium again.

Logistically, its pretty straightforward to get to from almost anywhere and the tube will take you wherever you want to go and quickly.

If anybody is interested I would suggest, perhaps, the pub that has been used before ( nice and central ) and that they only need PM to get the details and a date .

You are right LG, its a thankless task....but worth it coz its a bloody good piss up.

Can I put in a request for not the first weekend in November?

I've always managed it but it's damned inconvenient. The weekend after would be better. The 7th of November.

The usual place is appropriately themed, conveniently situated but jolly expensive. Didn't somebody say they knew somewhere else nearby which was slightly easier on the pocket?

Or we have it in Twickenham so we can take a group photograph in front of Brinsworth House.

I've always managed it but it's damned inconvenient. The weekend after would be better. The 7th of November.

The usual place is appropriately themed, conveniently situated but jolly expensive. Didn't somebody say they knew somewhere else nearby which was slightly easier on the pocket?

Or we have it in Twickenham so we can take a group photograph in front of Brinsworth House.

......well there was a Pub that Lardy and I went to, while waiting for said Pub venue to open last year.

It was on the road opposite ( across ****** St ) and, while lacking the charm and atmosphere of the chosen venue, it was considerably cheaper to by a drink in.

NAP, ANYWHERE would be easier on the pocket than that place, Ive never known a more expensive Pub.

......well there was a Pub that Lardy and I went to, while waiting for said Pub venue to open last year.

It was on the road opposite ( across ****** St ) and, while lacking the charm and atmosphere of the chosen venue, it was considerably cheaper to by a drink in.

NAP, ANYWHERE would be easier on the pocket than that place, Ive never known a more expensive Pub.

Yeh but don't you think that place was a bit posh for a bunch of morbid freaks like us? I quite liked that place we went to, and I didn't notice the prices. Because I was completely f'ucking hammered, obviously.

Yeh but don't you think that place was a bit posh for a bunch of morbid freaks like us? I quite liked that place we went to, and I didn't notice the prices. Because I was completely f'ucking hammered, obviously.

Posh? Nah!!

You hammered?

What again? :rolleyes:

If there is to be another please keep me informed...

I will try harder this time to attend.

If the next DL Con is to be held anywhere that I can get a cheap flight to from Geneva (or Chambery - ski season only), please put me on the list of potential participants.

Watch this space.

DL Con III is currently being planned.

Date: Under Wraps.

Previous attendees of DL Con I & II have been asked to study their availability on Saturday afternoons/evenings in October & November.

Obviously hope to have found the best date to suit most people.

Venue: Publicly Under Wraps.

But in London, short list of several places (one already tentatively booked for a certain date).

Just started Emailing some of those who have shown interest in attending from within this thread.

(I've a rough list of about 50 names, of which I've already contacted 8 persons with more exacting details)

More details may not follow.

I'm the link man for the event. If you want in then please contact me by PM thru this site.

No riffraff.

I'm imposing certain criteria for those who want to come:

1. If you have not have been in attendance for either the previous events then you must be of good standing and having good grace of posting history within this site. &

2. Having posted 50 times or more prior to 1st September 2009.

I thank you.