Saint Peter

Death List Convention

No, it's not a guessing game!
Could it be a ******* ?

I saw one of those recently.

I used to have one of those. You can guess what happened, it was a few days of fun and ever since it's been gathering dust in the attic.

regards,

Hein

I sold mine.

Did you sell it on ebay? I think I bought yours.

As-is. No refunds or exchanges. No warranty expressed or implied. Not responsible for damages.

Fair enough. Its just that there were 20 fifty dollar bills wrapped around it when I opened the box.

Well, it was nice of my personal assistant to donate her bonus to charity. :devil:

I'm heading to Blackpool this weekend if anybody wants to make a mini DLCon (DLCon 2 1/2?)

And I promise not to bring the *******!

I'm heading to Blackpool this weekend if anybody wants to make a mini DLCon (DLCon 2 1/2?)

And I promise not to bring the *******!

You couldn't possibly bring it. I have it here.

Or do you mean the one Anubis left on the bus?

Swiss cracking down on suicide tourism.

Bastard!!

I was gonna make a suggestion about how we might celebrate DLCon IV in Zurich.

I've been having a think about this one.

Thanks to the Grim Reaper for the insight on this earth shattering news. But to let every one know the venue for the DL Con III has been given a "make-over" and a name change. Now to some people that's good news but to those who previously turned out to the DL Con I & II this may come as a retrograde step.

Sounds like they have made the place less "GRIM".

Spent a fair few hours looking at reviews of other pubs in the area and talked with a few of our main kingpins. I’ve put together got a good short list of 12 places [& don't think we should turn it into a crawl] but guess that any change now may lead to further confusion. So, for now, to be clear its the same address, just a different name on the pub and new colour scheme on the inside.

However I'm open to persuasion, even personally able to investigate further options, to maximise everyone's enjoyment on the day.

12:NOV:2009

PS please see post number 594 in this thread for final note that the venue HAS NOW been changed.

Guest Guest_Alphonsin_*

Did it change location?

If anyone could PM me with place, I'll see if I can make it still...

Alphonsin

Well, that was a fcuking waste of time.

Perhaps it had finished by five?

Because surely *somebody* might have had the initiative to leave some kind of message if things were moving on so early.

But given how shti the newly done-up bar was, why even bother starting off in a place like that? Particularly when somebody had pointed out it'd gone crpa.

Heigh ho...

Well - I'm glad I didn't make the effort to go all the way down thre to find nobody about. :)

Oops, silly me! I'd put the wrong date in my diary. No harm done, as I'd planned to be in the area earlier in the day and I had a wander around instead.

But the place really is awful, hence my assumption that people had been there a few hours and decided to move on.

If one visits in in daylight, it might not appear *too* terrible, but once it's dark elsewhere you can really see how much like a motorway service station -- including being brightly lit like one -- it is.

Additionally, while there were complaints last year about how expensive the place was in its former incarnation, I expect that it's now still more expensive.

So... I for one will be lobbying RA that we meet somewhere else in the same vicinity. I have a good place in mind which I'll PM him about and which with luck he will agree is better. A more genuine boozer, cheaper and plenty of room but no more than 4 minutes' walk from the original place.

The first place had an apt feel for DL-Con, but now that it's bright and cheery (and generally rubbish) I think it would be silly to stick with it just out of some kind of sense of tradition. Hopefully others will agree*.

Alphonsin

*Also not a traditional thing on this forum, I know.

Because surely *somebody* might have had the initiative to leave some kind of message if things were moving on so early.

But given how shti the newly done-up bar was, why even bother starting off in a place like that? Particularly when somebody had pointed out it'd gone crpa.

Heigh ho...

Oops, silly me! I'd put the wrong date in my diary. No harm done, as I'd planned to be in the area earlier in the day and I had a wander around instead.

But the place really is awful, hence my assumption that people had been there a few hours and decided to move on.

If one visits in in daylight, it might not appear *too* terrible, but once it's dark elsewhere you can really see how much like a motorway service station -- including being brightly lit like one -- it is.

Additionally, while there were complaints last year about how expensive the place was in its former incarnation, I expect that it's now still more expensive.

So... I for one will be lobbying RA that we meet somewhere else in the same vicinity. I have a good place in mind which I'll PM him about and which with luck he will agree is better. A more genuine boozer, cheaper and plenty of room but no more than 4 minutes' walk from the original place.

The first place had an apt feel for DL-Con, but now that it's bright and cheery (and generally rubbish) I think it would be silly to stick with it just out of some kind of sense of tradition. Hopefully others will agree*.

Alphonsin

*Also not a traditional thing on this forum, I know.

Heigh ho...

Blimey....

That's a hard luck story.

I re-checked my archieved Emails in and out prior to this post 'cus I hoped I was not to blame for your inconvenience. My Email to you on the 28th Sept pinned the date down, high-lighted by one on the 11th Sept saying we were still looking at a range of 7 possible dates. Within this time frame it seems the first record of the date being "fixed" was made on the 19th Sept, and rolled up the list of possible attendees as time allowed. Again it's a hard luck story - but if you make it to the real event I'll reserve you a "special" gift!

Hay, well we've got a bit more feed-back on the re-fit of this place and I'm very glad of your input on this one Alphonsin. I'd put it to AtJ that we look at other venues but kept it at the "old-place" 'cus the original crew at least knew the route. However I'm with you on this one - if it's not up-to what we need, then a change now would be better. Still - lets keep the new place (and unchanged date) close, and I'll PM it round the 20 of so people who have expressed the view to attend hopefully by Close-Of-Play on Tuesday. If anyone has not got the PM of the revised m/t place then please PM to make sure.

Alphonsin - 'bout time you archieved or threw away your old emails 'cus you inbox is full.

Now I did say I would be putting out a series of Emails to clear up the venue but I ran out of time today. Sorry to one and all. If it looks like it's going to take beyond tomorrow I'll also post my mobile number in this thread so no one will fail to have a real time contact point and not get lost without an event contact.

I'll also post my mobile number in this thread

You're very brave! Think of all the ranters out there who might vent their spleen at you.

You're very brave! Think of all the ranters out there who might vent their spleen at you.

I thought that too, but I thought of all the ladies who will bombard RA with nudey pics of themselves.

:)

Interesting idea...

:)

Interesting idea...

Going through my list and that's most of those who may be flying in have been informed of the new details. I'll do the rest tonight,

so I may not get the pleasure to be speaking to you Windy!

Big Sorry for up-ending these plans, but again, for those wanting to get along, I'm the point man and those unclear about these plans had best get on to me asap. If you were expecting a PM from me and have yet to get one then you better PM me. I'll do my best to get back to those members who express a positive view about getting along.

P.S. Got really good feed-back on the new venue already from those re-confirming their attendence. So this change in venue bodes well.

I'm going to say in the round, that I don't think anyone who has stated that they wish to attend has yet had too much of a problem in the venue switch. I half envisioned having to round-up those who were not in the know, and I can say that the new venue chosen will be ideal for all from the get-go.

With this formal decision made, I guess those who want to talk on here about the old venue by name and it's nature (and it's second-rate re-fit) can do so without compromise of the events in hand.

Again to confirm we won't be using the Venue we had at DL Con's I and II for DL Con III.

Thanking you all.

Awesome guys, and emotional. Mucho respect to Ali and LFN for making it possible and salutations to Captain Oates, DWB, Alphonsin, Lady G and NAP for an enlightening afternoon. I trust you had a safe journey home. I was musing deeply during my enforced waiting during both journeys that I'd better reside in London for the night if there is a DLCon IV, doubtless I missed some witty comments by leaving before the end.

Go well

Awesome guys, and emotional. Mucho respect to Ali and LFN for making it possible and salutations to Captain Oates, DWB, Alphonsin, Lady G and NAP for an enlightening afternoon. I trust you had a safe journey home. I was musing deeply during my enforced waiting during both journeys that I'd better reside in London for the night if there is a DLCon IV, doubtless I missed some witty comments by leaving before the end.

Go well

A big thank you is in order to Ali,he is the fella that put it all together, I merely attended and got my free pen. :old:

I did get very pissed, didnt fall over mind, and did talk more shite than normal.

I put this down to not being used to alochol ( my last drink was in August) but, in fairness, I cannot use it as an excuse for being a twat ( in general)

It was great to meet up with so many familiar faces again, I truly enjoyed myself and the company of all who attended.

Mary, you didnt miss any "witty comments", I think the ones which had already been said were said by you anyway.

I cant pretend that I could do this every week ( it would kill me) but the yearly jaunt to Londinium for shit loads a few beers and chat with some lovely, genuine,warm and self effacing people was hugely enjoyable.

The very nicest thing is that I feel that there is a genuine friendship amongst us now, something that was never sought nor expected but has been a beautiful bonus.

Friends, till next year.

I wish you all well.

X

God I was ill after getting home - and for all the wrong reasons! You had to be there to understand.

Once again I had an excellent afternoon, and as said earlier, it was like meeting old mates - so well done Ali on the organisation - and the pen of course.

Cheers everyone - I have to go back to bed now.

DWB :old:

God I was ill after getting home - and for all the wrong reasons! You had to be there to understand.

Once again I had an excellent afternoon, and as said earlier, it was like meeting old mates - so well done Ali on the organisation - and the pen of course.

Cheers everyone - I have to go back to bed now.

DWB :old:

Yes, you did look rather ill, you had the look of a man that had recently eaten an undercooked chicken........

Fair play to you, you still got there, enjoyed talking to you and you didnt puke on my shoes once.

I think you deserve an award for climbing off your sick bed and, at least, spending a few hours with the rest of us.

DWB, I salute you.

Sounds like you all had a jolly time ;) Wish I could have come, but family and stuff got in the way. And anyway, I didn't want to drink the pub dry before you got there :old: Maybe next year....

Sounds like you all had a jolly time ;) Wish I could have come, but family and stuff got in the way. And anyway, I didn't want to drink the pub dry before you got there :old: Maybe next year....

Maybe next year? I should think so!