Saint Peter

Death List Convention

God I was ill after getting home - and for all the wrong reasons! You had to be there to understand.

Once again I had an excellent afternoon, and as said earlier, it was like meeting old mates - so well done Ali on the organisation - and the pen of course.

Cheers everyone - I have to go back to bed now.

DWB :old:

Yes, you did look rather ill, you had the look of a man that had recently eaten an undercooked chicken........

Fair play to you, you still got there, enjoyed talking to you and you didnt puke on my shoes once.

I think you deserve an award for climbing off your sick bed and, at least, spending a few hours with the rest of us.

DWB, I salute you.

Hear-Hear.

Top Marks Award goes to DWB. In fact you did not look at all well, and you put yourself out to have as good a time as possible - what a star. Hope the pain and suffering did not last long. I'm sure fully-fledged salmonella poisoning, if that's what it was, can be fatal. (See Below) But, I bet you can come through it, if maybe a few pounds lighter.

If fact top marks to all who attended.

100 Metres Sprint Award - goes to Lord Fellatio Nelson. First one to get to the bar.

The Fountain of Knowledge Award - goes to Maryportfuncity 100% glad you got along. Even the wild wind and weather did not turn you away.

Brightness and Light Award - goes to Lady Grendal. Didn't half throw your GSOH into the evening, I liked it, and it’s a shame I missed more of your good cheer due to my 9:30pm train. (and at least no-one threw themselves under it this year)

Best Use of a Mobile Phone Award - goes to Alphonsin. Good to see you again, adding a hearty good wit and good fun slant to the later stage of the event and so nice of you to bring along such a lovely lady friend, you have a solid golden one there without a dought. Hope that JJ becomes a member of our forum - certainly would be nice to have her posting.

The Anti Carbon Footprint award goes out to our wonderful Captain Oates. And what a bombshell news item you dropped about your son? Bolt from the blue.

This year's Lifetime Achievement Award goes to Notapotato having now made three flights back to the capital and maintaining his 100% record in this series of events.

"Not All There Award" goes to Josco - I had lots of contenders for this lame excuse award but because he said that he needed a cover excuse to attend, I provided news of it being the Lord's Mayors Show on said date, and thus "invited" him to that and then low and behold he never turned up to our pub!

Still I really enjoyed it. I'm thinking I for one paced myself too much in the intake of beer. But what a fine one the Timothy Taylor choice was for just £2.95 a pint. Shame a few of our favourite pals could not make the event, but that's how the cookie crumbles. Also to the numerous bodies those who I emailed with but who did not manage to get in the end - I for one missed you but then there's always next year? For anyone who turned up to the previous "other place", sorry. I'm sure that it would be mostly my fault, but at least I'm moderately happy I feel my efforts to stop this happening was just about amply put in.

PS

from wiki...

About 142,000 Americans are infected each year with Salmonella enteritidis from chicken eggs and about 30 die.

...so the odds are in your favour.

Most wonderful human award.....Rotten Ali without whom it wouldn't be possible etc etc. Dropped in on the Rotten Deadpool in the course of my journalistic researches linked to DLconIII, Sharon has until the first week of Feb, right?

Go Ali!

Most wonderful human award.....Rotten Ali without whom it wouldn't be possible etc etc. Dropped in on the Rotten Deadpool in the course of my journalistic researches linked to DLconIII, Sharon has until the first week of Feb, right?

Go Ali!

Arrr, thanks - but back to looking at that leader board on Rotten.com's deadpool, I'm in with my shout of a perfect 10 out of 10 if only Ariel Sharon departs before the 5th February 2010.

It's a record time of late, 4 players on 9 out of 10 at the moment and only once before has a 9 out of ten score been posted.

Our Starch just needs Norman Wisdom prior to the 21st Feb.

Death Impends (called Impending Death over there) needs a hardly probable downturn for Pete Burns by the 27th Feb and Hopemunger has all the way till the 1st July to cash in on Ronnie Biggs.

My money is on Hopemunger, but everyone knows how hard it has been to dislodge Mr Biggs from this world, will it be any different in the next 7 and half months?

An excellent night was had by all 8 of us that made it on Saturday, one up on last year! I didn't get to meet DWB though as he had left just before I arrived. It was lovely to catch up with those I have met before and brilliant to meet those that I hadn't. I thoroughly enjoyed myself, but I am exhausted now as I only arrived back from London 3 hours ago and no, I haven't spent the last 48 hours trying to get a taxi back to where I was staying. Thanks though to Alph for organising my taxi, cost me £40, but worth it as it got me back to where I was staying safely.

Thanks to RA for the organising, you're a star, and it was a pleasure to meet you again, thanks for the kind comments about me too, I'm putting them down to you not understanding my Glasgow accent and therefore finding me much wittier than I really am :P . I agree with your comments about Alphonsin's lady friend, she was lovely and would be a welcome addition to the DL, we need more ladies too, so perhaps Alph can get to work convincing her we are not all mad Glaswegians!

I think the award for Best Hangover was missed out, I met Notapotato for lunch the next day and lets just say he was really, really, suffering.

Thanks all, it was a good night and if anyone wants to send some brown envelopes stuffed with money my way I'll happily delete the photographs I took :old: .

P.S. Is Alphonsin's bicycle still chained up outside the pub or did he manoeuvre it into the Indian restaurant and then the taxi home?? ;)

I think the award for Best Hangover was missed out, I met Notapotato for lunch the next day and lets just say he was really, really, suffering.

Now that's not really fair is it, considering I was the only other one who made it to the pub the next day and thanks to that universal panacaea, beer I was on top form again in no time. If a little tired.

Although I will admit I've had many hangovers which were much worse. So in that respect it was one of my better ones.

It certainly was nice meeting you all again.

:sicktherm:

Now that's not really fair is it, considering I was the only other one who made it to the pub the next day and thanks to that universal panacaea, beer I was on top form again in no time. If a little tired.

Although I will admit I've had many hangovers which were much worse. So in that respect it was one of my better ones.

I have to say that you displayed an outstanding ability in "getting up to speed" on your alcohol consumption.

Very impressive NAP, almost as impressive as JJ.........

Seems I missed a good do! Shame I have to work weekends - I work in the hospitality trade, hence the nick and avatar - but who knows, maybe I can get a weekend off for DLCon IV!

I've only just recovered. I only had about eight pints during the evening, but I hadn't had a drink for a week or two so the 2 litres of WKD and most of a bottle of wine right at the end landed me with a hangover on a scale that I haven't experienced for a long time.So apologies for my absence from the further festivities the next day, but I really couldn't do it.

It was a pleasure to meet some of the people I'd met at DC1 and, of course, to meet those who hadn't been at the inaugural meet-up. Next time I'll ensure I'm there earlier in the day.

My bicycle transported me very swiftly to the Indian. Fortunately, Westminster cops have better things to do than the bored City of London police who have an irritating habit of arresting cyclists they deem to have enjoyed themselves too much. So there was no repeat of the incident that I regaled/bored delegates of DC1 with re a brief stay at Bishopsgate Police Station and my trying to convince the arresting officer that, despite being tipsy, I could perform more or less *any* task, still more ride my bicycle and, anyhow, couldn't they simply rough me up a bit and just send me on my way?...

Heigh ho. Until next time...

I've only just recovered. I only had about eight pints during the evening, but I hadn't had a drink for a week or two so the 2 litres of WKD and most of a bottle of wine right at the end landed me with a hangover on a scale that I haven't experienced for a long time.So apologies for my absence from the further festivities the next day, but I really couldn't do it.

It was a pleasure to meet some of the people I'd met at DC1 and, of course, to meet those who hadn't been at the inaugural meet-up. Next time I'll ensure I'm there earlier in the day.

My bicycle transported me very swiftly to the Indian. Fortunately, Westminster cops have better things to do than the bored City of London police who have an irritating habit of arresting cyclists they deem to have enjoyed themselves too much. So there was no repeat of the incident that I regaled/bored delegates of DC1 with re a brief stay at Bishopsgate Police Station and my trying to convince the arresting officer that, despite being tipsy, I could perform more or less *any* task, still more ride my bicycle and, anyhow, couldn't they simply rough me up a bit and just send me on my way?...

Heigh ho. Until next time...

You hadnt had a drink for a week or two?

I hadnt had a drink for over two months!!!

I think I was drinking solidly from 12.30 ish round to gone 8.

I confess to having a thumping headache on the train home but, quite brilliantly, I woke up on Sunday morning as fresh as a daisy.

You are quite a character Mr Alphonsin!! :sicktherm:

I got home on Sunday afternoon and immediately fell into the early-week cycle of sleep/feed cats/work/feed cats/sleep/feed cats/work... to be followed by a long weekend. But I'm still in a slight daze after an amazing Saturday with the Con IIIers and guests (soon to be DLers, I hope.) It was a bit like stepping through the looking glass!

Sorry Windsor but I must say thank you to Ali for organising the meeting and for the exquisite souvenir! Ali, you're a gem. Your Index of Candidates should be counted as the ninth member (non-drinking) in attendance. What a tome! Bringing that along was well beyond the call of duty and a true sign of dedication!

It was lovely to meet you all, the first of many meetings I hope. And I hope you've all fully recovered from your hangovers and that DWB is back in good health. There is so much more to say but for now...

...feed cats/work/...

Fellow attendees - the name of the chap who shot himself at a televised press conference was R. Budd Dwyer. I couldn't remember his name at the time.

Wiki Entry Here.

The footage is freely available on the net if you want to google away.

DWB :smiley_f:

Well, would you believe it? About 6 months since DL Con III. I feel is it a good time to fix the date for DL Con IV.

After many requests for a summer get together this may be only a few months away if that's the considered view.

Otherwise the long run to lets say, 30th October, gives everyone loads of time to find a valid excuse.

Well, would you believe it? About 6 months since DL Con III. I feel is it a good time to fix the date for DL Con IV.

After many requests for a summer get together this may be only a few months away if that's the considered view.

Otherwise the long run to lets say, 30th October, gives everyone loads of time to find a valid excuse.

36 years to the day after Ali and Foreman's Rumble in Jungle, and the first anniversary of Claude Levi Strauss' demise. A fitting date indeed.

Unfortunately, I'll be too busy celebrating Mischief Night to attend.

I could do with a night out, and can think of nothing better than spending my time with a group of strangers who are obsessed with celebrity deaths! A summer meeting would be nice, but if not, I'm ok with October 30th. Count me in! : )

On balance probably Oct 30th is the better one for me, if it's an either/or option. Will try and fit a summer date into my busy schedule if it's called but have a lot of weekends accounted for already.

Doesn't matter to me - just let me know.

DWB :rolleyes:

I don't have a full social diary either. In fact my diary is a yawning void of emptiness.

Signed

Billy No Mates.

How about we meet halfway? Nuuk, perhaps? :unsure:

How about we meet halfway? Nuuk, perhaps? :unsure:

I asked a fair few of our prominent American contributors if an NYC venue would be suitable and got very little interest.

I fully intend to be in Dallas someday in the next 10 years or so, to take in the Redskins @ Cowboys - we could make our USA convention date coincide.

How about we meet halfway? Nuuk, perhaps? :D

I asked a fair few of our prominent American contributors if an NYC venue would be suitable and got very little interest.

I fully intend to be in Dallas someday in the next 10 years or so, to take in the Redskins @ Cowboys - we could make our USA convention date coincide.

I know you did, but what you didn't seem to understand is that New York City is 1800 miles and a $500 plane ticket away from me, not to mention the $200 for lodging. There's no jumping on the train and taking a quick trip to New York for most of us here in the US outside of New Jersey.

You better start saving for that Cowboy/Redskins game. There are no single game tickets sold in JerryWorld anymore. You have to get them from a season or plan ticket holder not using their seats for that game or from a reseller. Parking is $40 to park about a mile from the stadium. It's still very hot when football season starts, but not too bad when it's over.

Jerry's got a billion dollar stadium to pay for, so prepare to be gouged.

According to my brother, the tickets you can get from resellers are generally pretty lousy, but there's a Jumbotron in the stadium - so basically you can pay $150 a seat, plus parking, to watch the game on TV. Fortunately for Mr. Jones, there are enough idiots in Dallas who will pay for season tickets at $300 per game (for nosebleed seats) just to say they've been there to make this debacle viable.

The stadium is so ridiculous that they charge $27.50 for a tour. There was a couple on the news who got married on the field - I think he was in the military - and they charged everyone in the wedding party a tour charge. I mean, shit, if you are going to let a soldier get married on the field the least you could do is let his parents in for free. But no - Jerry has to make more money.

The man makes me puke. The only reason I even go near his stadium is because the baseball park is next to it. I don't begrudge anyone wealth and power, but I expect a certain amount of return to the community when you force thousands of people out of homes their families have owned for generations to build your billion dollar shrine to yourself.

...and by the way, the Nuuk comment was a joke.

RA, you might as well suggest having it on the fucking moon, because you will never please all of the people all of the time.

RA, you might as well suggest having it on the fucking moon, because you will never please all of the people all of the time.

Moon sounds good. What's the date?