Saint Peter

Death List Convention

My first is in Maidstone, but not in Carlisle.

My second's in wedding and also in aisle.

My third is in orca, but isn't in whale.

My fourth is in Parkhurst, but isn't in jail.

My fifth is in poems and also in prose.

My sixth in is Banshee, but isn't in cloth(e)s.

My seventh's in Welshman, but not in Handrejka.

My eighth is in Shaquille, but not in the Lakers.

My ninth is in naughty and also detention.

My last's not in deathlist, but (of course) in convention.

Still struggling with the above, might all now be revealed, or summat?

For the millions of you that have been unable to work, sleep or even think for the last month...

As it happens, thanks to an unnamed member's inability to grasp the complexities of booking an aeroplane flight we didn't end up there and went to a more local (for me anyway) hostelry instead. Apologies to any brainboxes that showed up.

I wondered why I was on my own. Nice pint, though.

I saw the DL Facebook discussion. I don't think 2011 will see a Con, so how about the 2012 one being in a pleasant month rather than the usual midwinter? June 2012, have coat will travel (within reason).

Guest Flying Dutchman
I saw the DL Facebook discussion. I don't think 2011 will see a Con, so how about the 2012 one being in a pleasant month rather than the usual midwinter? June 2012, have coat will travel (within reason).

I agree. Lets pile round to Hein's house...

I saw the DL Facebook discussion.

Well - did you feel cheap when nobody replied? :P

a, Madam et Monsieur...

With an amount of prompting...

I'll announce that the DeathList 5th Convention (DL Con V) shall be going continental and will be held in either...

Northern Germany,

Netherlands,

Belgium,

Luxembourg or

Northern France.

Votes please...

(votes cast by previous attendees count twice for each event attended)

thus NAP's vote counts 8 times over.

Maryport's counts 6 times over,

excetera…

excetera…

a, Madam et Monsieur...

I'll announce that the DeathList 5th Convention (DL Con V) shall be going continental and will be held in either...

Northern Germany,

Netherlands,

Belgium,

Luxembourg or

Northern France.

Votes please...

How exciting! I vote for the Netherlands. I'd also vote that it's in August, simply because I'd already be in Holland.

Considering the involvement of our Dutch cousins in the deadpooling business, the Netherlands would be ideal...

Considering the involvement of our Dutch cousins in the deadpooling business, the Netherlands would be ideal...

marijuana_leaf.jpg

Indeed.

marijuana_leaf.jpg

Indeed.

There's that.

I see a few practical problems for DLers from overseas, but otherwise I'd be happy to think up a nice venue for the First Official Continental DLcon. How about this? :(

ehrm you know,

Hein

marijuana_leaf.jpg

Indeed.

There's that.

I see a few practical problems for DLers from overseas, but otherwise I'd be happy to think up a nice venue for the First Official Continental DLcon. How about this? :(

ehrm you know,

Hein

Is it anything like this? innocent0009.gif

I could possibly do a weekend in the Dam, as long as it's before mid-October. I haven't been since hitching there in '85 in a rag week. So a tentative yes, and a nod from Welshy too.

If it's 2012, either spring or summer, please.

a, Madam et Monsieur...

Northern Germany,

Netherlands,

Belgium,

Luxembourg or

Northern France.

Votes please...

How exciting! I vote for the Netherlands. I'd also vote that it's in August, simply because I'd already be in Holland.

My vote is for the Netherlands too, a country I have never visited but would like to and it would also be nice to meet up with Hein again - I think I am the only UK DL'er to have met him, he spent his summer holidays in Scotland 5 years ago. As has already been mentioned, there is a strong Dutch presence on the DL, so I feel it would be nice to take the DL to Holland. I'm with Six on next August as a date, that will give me time to organise a passport and brace myself for flying (not my favourite thing). Six, can you give us the dates you will be available then?

a, Madam et Monsieur...

Northern Germany,

Netherlands,

Belgium,

Luxembourg or

Northern France.

Votes please...

My vote is for the Netherlands too, a country I have never visited but would like to and it would also be nice to meet up with Hein again - I think I am the only UK DL'er to have met him, he spent his summer holidays in Scotland 5 years ago. As has already been mentioned, there is a strong Dutch presence on the DL, so I feel it would be nice to take the DL to Holland. I'm with Six on next August as a date, that will give me time to organise a passport and brace myself for flying (not my favourite thing). Six, can you give us the dates you will be available then?

Looks OK. Dates anyone?

Sounds good to me.

Are we talking about this year?

Because there isn't really much left of August.

If so, the 22nd or 29th of October would be fine for me, or the 12th of November. The 5th too at a pinch.

Otherwise I daresay August 2012 would be all right.

can I come? :unsure:

Yes! We've decided to hold it in Tripoli next week, (31st August). Can you make it at short notice?

...I'm with Six on next August as a date, that will give me time to organise a passport and brace myself for flying (not my favourite thing). Six, can you give us the dates you will be available then?...

I'll be in Holland during the first three weeks of August next year, so the best time for me would be around 10th/11th/12th. Is that good for anyone else?

...I'm with Six on next August as a date, that will give me time to organise a passport and brace myself for flying (not my favourite thing). Six, can you give us the dates you will be available then?...

I'll be in Holland during the first three weeks of August next year, so the best time for me would be around 10th/11th/12th. Is that good for anyone else?

It's still a long time, so that can be arranged.

regards,

Hein

That would suit me Six, I very much doubt I would make it if it were in the next couple of months. Gives me plenty of time to get my passport and save up, I only work part-time so any trips I make have to be planned well in advance in order for me to be able to afford them and to be honest, this summer has been a whirlwind of social occasions and I'm really looking forward to not doing much for the rest of the year.

can I come? :unsure:

Sorry, over 18s only.

Looks like I'll be in London for various Olympic events on the 9th of August, so I could travel on from there...

The dates you give are Friday to Sunday. So the question then rolls on to... what would most wish to do?

Paint the town red on a Friday night?

Have a whole day long session on the booze on the Saturday?

Or all go for a nice Sunday Lunch?

I'm easy, though I am unavoidably detained perving appreciating some beach volleyball action at the Olympics in the early days of August.

...I'm with Six on next August as a date, that will give me time to organise a passport and brace myself for flying (not my favourite thing). Six, can you give us the dates you will be available then?......

Looks like I'll be in London for various Olympic events on the 9th of August, so I could travel on from there...

The dates you give are Friday to Sunday. So the question then rolls on to... what would most wish to do?

Sunday lunch is not a Dutch thing, although it's certainly possible.

Friday night is always right, but sometimes a bit crowded.

Saturday has the advantage of two drinking sessions with dinner in between.

If we want to visit brewery 't IJ's Tasting Room, as I suggested earlier, it'll be in the afternoon, as they close at 20:00. Its brews are worth a detour, mind.

I suppose it's also time to talk about location. Amsterdam may well be convenient for our overseas' members, but is full of tourists in that time of year. Since most other cities in the Netherlands can be travelled to from Schiphol Airport by train in less than an hour, we may also consider Den Haag, Leiden, Utrecht, or possibly Rotterdam, the latter having the advantage of being my home town. Even Delft and Dordrecht, two old Dutch towns, are possible locations.

regards,

Hein

...I'm with Six on next August as a date, that will give me time to organise a passport and brace myself for flying (not my favourite thing). Six, can you give us the dates you will be available then?......

Sunday lunch is not a Dutch thing, although it's certainly possible.

Friday night is always right, but sometimes a bit crowded.

Saturday has the advantage of two drinking sessions with dinner in between.

If we want to visit brewery 't IJ's Tasting Room, as I suggested earlier, it'll be in the afternoon, as they close at 20:00. Its brews are worth a detour, mind.

I suppose it's also time to talk about location. Amsterdam may well be convenient for our overseas' members, but is full of tourists in that time of year. Since most other cities in the Netherlands can be travelled to from Schiphol Airport by train in less than an hour, we may also consider Den Haag, Leiden, Utrecht, or possibly Rotterdam, the latter having the advantage of being my home town. Even Delft and Dordrecht, two old Dutch towns, are possible locations.

regards,

Hein

Hmm, while Amsterdam may be a bit touristy, I would prefer to go there. Having never visited The Netherlands I would really like to see the city and I guess I will be a tourist that weekend. I'm sure the other places might be better (I would like to see Utrecht too) but Amsterdam has history I would like to see, RA in answer to your questions:

Paint the town red on a Friday night? of course

Have a whole day long session on the booze on the Saturday? definitely

Or all go for a nice Sunday Lunch? absolutely