Saint Peter

Death List Convention

I agree Amsterdam is a bit touristy, and The Bullfrog is *definitely* for tourists only.

Being selfish, Northern France would be nicely convenient for me. Avoid Armentieres though - completely dead on a Friday night and shuts about 10pm. Lille doesn't have a huge amount of spectacular nightlife either, even on Rue Solferino which is where the main late night bars are, but at least I know my way around the city and know where to park.

Perhaps Bruges? We could always amuse ourselves by pushing notaguest out of the top of the Belfry...

I agree Amsterdam is a bit touristy, and The Bullfrog is *definitely* for tourists only.

Being selfish, Northern France would be nicely convenient for me. Avoid Armentieres though - completely dead on a Friday night and shuts about 10pm. Lille doesn't have a huge amount of spectacular nightlife either, even on Rue Solferino which is where the main late night bars are, but at least I know my way around the city and know where to park.

Perhaps Bruges? We could always amuse ourselves by pushing notaguest out of the top of the Belfry...

Bruges strikes me as a lovely idea. That film was brilliant.

Brugge now? What happened to The Netherlands, do you people have no sense of geography. It's over 70 miles apart.....

Brugge now? What happened to The Netherlands, do you people have no sense of geography. It's over 70 miles apart.....

Do both... The 2012 Deathlist European Tour...

Fuck Belgium (wherever that is) and fuck fucking France; it's Holland or bust. At least we have (native) posters from that country, even if only one of them's likely to turn up and act as our gracious host.

It'd be nice if Vincent Vaagogh was there too.

While I see no definite country was agreed, I think it has to be The Netherlands and lets make it definitive, it's Holland next August and that's it. Six is holidaying there in August and that seems to have to set the date, August 2012. Many people on here have suggestions about where to hold the DL Cons but have you been to one and do you plan to attend? It's not the country that really matters, I could suggest one in Scotland and it would be interesting to see who actually arrives at my house for it :( .

Six made the effort to travel to London for DL Con IV, surely precedence goes to those that will make the effort to turn up, least we can do is if we are going abroad is visit a country that directly affects the DL and Magere Hein's Nederland base certainly does that. He's one of the working admins here that keeps the DL free of spam and mediates when members have problems, sorts things out and gets things going again.

I have met quite a few DL'rs in the last 6 years, 3 of whom have made the effort and visited me. In 2006 Hein visited Scotland and took time out to visit Glasgow and spent some time with me. If Hein is our host, we are in for real treat, it's his country and lets make the most of it.

While I see no definite country was agreed, I think it has to be The Netherlands and lets make it definitive, it's Holland next August and that's it. - / - If Hein is our host, we are in for real treat, it's his country and lets make the most of it.

Well said.

I know that I have indicated possible attendance in the past, this time I will make the effort.

While I see no definite country was agreed, I think it has to be The Netherlands and lets make it definitive, it's Holland next August and that's it. - / - If Hein is our host, we are in for real treat, it's his country and lets make the most of it.

Well said.

I know that I have indicated possible attendance in the past, this time I will make the effort.

It seems that there is something like consensus on the following:

• Date: Friday 10 August to Sunday 12 August 2012.
  • Multiple sessions are possible.
  • I'll be the host.

I'll stick the dates in my diary. Perhaps I can think of a death themed day activity1, we'll have plenty of time. If the wheather's good, there's also time for an outside drinking session on Leidscheplein or Rembrandsplein. I'm told shopping in and around the Kalverstraat has its charms, though not for your expense budget.

We may strike lucky and find a nice band playing in the Melkweg or Paradiso. It's not the concert season for classical stuff, but there's no lack of entertainment, including some activities illegal in many countries. My experience is patchy, but I suppose I can find out, should the need arise.

1Supposedly better than watching paintings of (and by) dead people.

regards,

Hein

Well said.

• I'll be the host.

I'll stick the dates in my diary. Perhaps I can think of a death themed day activity1, we'll have plenty of time. If the wheather's good, there's also time for an outside drinking session on Leidscheplein or Rembrandsplein. I'm told shopping in and around the Kalverstraat has its charms, though not for your expense budget.

We may strike lucky and find a nice band playing in the Melkweg or Paradiso. It's not the concert season for classical stuff, but there's no lack of entertainment, including some activities illegal in many countries. My experience is patchy, but I suppose I can find out, should the need arise.

regards,

Hein

I'm really looking forward to it. I can't wait to meet some more of you fabulous people and to get down to some serious, official DL business*.

* Mostly drinking. Some sight seeing, some talk about ailing celebrities, but mostly drinking.

I can categorically state that the weather in Amsterdam in August 2012 will be sunny and about 28 degrees

Those of you (if any) planning to visit certain establishments unique to Amsterdam may find this interesting.

Well said.

• I'll be the host.

regards,

Hein

Top man. By the way, I've totted up the "scores on the doors" and results were as follows:

NL 91%

Bel 7%

France 2%

Lux 0%

Germany 0%

Looking forward to it.

Well said.

• I'll be the host.

regards,

Hein

Top man. By the way, I've totted up the "scores on the doors" and results were as follows:

NL 91%

Bel 7%

France 2%

Lux 0%

Germany 0%

Looking forward to it.

Thanks RA, sounds good to me. I do feel a bit stupid as I hadn't remembered your post about polling who would like to go where and past attendees scoring extra points when I posted in the middle of the night midweek, no -one seems to have taken offence at me being so forthright about Holland, thankfully. Blame a huge dose of prescription strength Co-Codamol and Sudafed on making me far more fuzzy than I would have been had I just had the usual bottle of Wednesday night wine.

Looking forward to it, now I need to brace myself for flying, I have 10 months to do that in. I'm sure I can fly from Edinburgh but this will be the first time I have flown alone, probably a good thing as no way do I want any of you to see what a complete quivering wreck I become on seeing the walkway onto an aircraft. Last time I flew my GP gave me D.iazepam (the full stop is deliberate as it reads as 'SPAM' without it) and told me to drink a glass of wine right after taking it, I'm sure that advice is frowned upon by the GMC and it didn't work anyway. I was still terrified. It did work 10 hours after I got off the flight, I became a zombie - I got out of bed and stood against a wall in my brother's house in the middle of the night, totally naked, eyes wide open and unresponsive, thankfully my ex draped a blanket over me before anyone could see me. So I'll take a rain check on that cure in future.

It sounds good though and I am really looking forward to it.

The projected timing isn't great for me though Zandvort would give me the chance to view the site of couple of clips that have found their way from YouTube to our F1 thread a couple of times. Had a brief chat about our various engagements ten months hence with Mrs MPFC. I'll keep you posted, I'd probably train/Eurostar/ hire a bike.

I was looking for something specific, but I've invented my own now, and very good it was too.

The point being, why the hell would anyone call a cake after an ingredient that it does not contain?

There's no tea in tea cakes either

:scratchhead:

There is space in space cake, though.

2601-cupcakes_close_2.jpg

regards,

Hein

Just as a matter of interest, with a thought to DLCon 2012, is there actually coffee available at these Amsterdam Coffeeshops?

Just as a matter of interest, with a thought to DLCon 2012, is there actually coffee available at these Amsterdam Coffeeshops?

The posh ones do indeed offer coffee for sale, but there are quite a few that just sell da weed. I know one coffeeshop that only provides tea and chocolate for hot drinks. I've been told the owner doesn't like coffee.

regards.

Hein

Edited by Magere Hein
Two posts moved from topic "Room 101"

This thread has been slipping down the index of late.

Time to ramp it up again folks...

Flight ticket booked and paid for...

Confirmed and on my way to DL CON V...

Landing Amsterdam 09:05 Friday 10th August from East Mids.

Jetting back circa 18:05, Sunday evening.

Just £73 all in.

What-ever happens in-between is for time to tell...

Just £73 all in.

I have not forgotten. I'll start research on activities around those times in Amsterdam soon.

I'll mail my relations in the KNMI (Dutch Met Office) to see if they can make some nice sunny weather then.

regards,

Hein

What happens in Amsterdam stays in Amsterdam.

Mrs Rotten has given me instructions...

No touching, no feeling, and no hankie panky of any sort...

could be a bit dull for me...

Mrs Rotten has given me instructions...

No touching, no feeling, and no hankie panky of any sort...

could be a bit dull for me...

Strike Sex from the list That leaves Drugs and Rock 'n Roll. Both are amply available. And beer, of course.

regards,

Hein

Just £73 all in.

You don't even want to know what it would cost me to fly to Amsterdam in August. Let's just say I will be with you in spirit.

You don't even want to know what it would cost me to fly to Amsterdam in August. Let's just say I will be with you in spirit.

I'll think of you when we drink.

Oh wait, you mean that spirit.

regards,

Hein

Just £73 all in.

I have not forgotten. I'll start research on activities around those times in Amsterdam soon.

I'll mail my relations in the KNMI (Dutch Met Office) to see if they can make some nice sunny weather then.

regards,

Hein

Welsh and me are possibly going to be overlanding/overseaing it. Anyone else signed up for the Amsterdam tickle yet?

I expect I'll be attending if no lucrative work gets in the way. I can get there and back on the train for 58 EUR if I book well enough in advance.