Saint Peter

Death List Convention

If we want to visit brewery 't IJ's Tasting Room, as I suggested earlier, it'll be in the afternoon, as they close at 20:00. Its brews are worth a detour, mind.

regards,

Hein

Now that things are moving and we have 4 confirmed attendees from the UK and yourself (?) could I just put this in as something that appeals to me.

http://www.houseofbols.com/event.asp?eventID=1

I am more than happy to tour breweries and sample beer but I am a lady who has a soft spot for a cocktail :party: .

Nice idea LG, count me in on that one.

Now that things are moving and we have 4 confirmed attendees from the UK and yourself (?) could I just put this in as something that appeals to me.

Of course I'll attend. I intend to take the train there and back again as often as needed to entertain my esteemed (and thirsty) guests.

http://www.houseofbo...t.asp?eventID=1

I am more than happy to tour breweries and sample beer but I am a lady who has a soft spot for a cocktail :party: .

Sounds good enough to spend a few hours in. Cocktails are not my thing really, but an oude jenever or korenwijn is nothing to be sneezed at.

I hope you lot can live with a relaxed approach to touring the city and sight-seeing. I'm already reading up on Amsterdam and what can be done there to keep you interested, but I'm not planning a schedule.

How about a Celebrity Death Tour? Several well-known people died there, including Chet Baker (Prins Hendrikkade), Theo van Gogh (Linnaeusstraat) and, inevitably, Rembrandt (Rozengracht).

regards,

Hein

• Like 1

Of course I'll attend. I intend to take the train there and back again as often as needed to entertain my esteemed (and thirsty) guests.

http://www.houseofbo...t.asp?eventID=1

Sounds good enough to spend a few hours in. Cocktails are not my thing really, but an oude jenever or korenwijn is nothing to be sneezed at.

I hope you lot can live with a relaxed approach to touring the city and sight-seeing. I'm already reading up on Amsterdam and what can be done there to keep you interested, but I'm not planning a schedule.

How about a Celebrity Death Tour? Several well-known people died there, including Chet Baker (Prins Hendrikkade), Theo van Gogh (Linnaeusstraat) and, inevitably, Rembrandt (Rozengracht).

regards,

Hein

I think you will find most of us are more than happy with a relaxed tourist approach to the city. We don't expect you to don a uniform and take us round all the tourist hotspots in tour guide mode, it is not your home city and I know I'd be buggered if a DL Convention was held in Dundee or Aberdeen and it was expected of me to be your guide. Also, while I am sure some tourism is on the cards, it's not an essential part of a DL Convention, the ones I have attended revolve around food, drink and good company, so don't worry about 'planning', the relaxed approach is perfect.

I do like the Celebrity Death tour idea, one to fit in once we have done the breweries and the cocktails ;-)

and I know I'd be buggered if a DL Convention was held in Dundee or Aberdeen

I might not travel that far East :ninja:

The gift items I've planned, turned up in the post this morning. Look quite nice. One each for the first ten attendees.

The gift items I've planned, turned up in the post this morning. Look quite nice. One each for the first ten attendees.

If only 9 turn up can I have the last one?

If we get 10 people I'll streak thru Dam Square.

But I'll probably end up doing that anyway.

Really pleased to send you the first of any left overs. Well bagged.

Really pleased to send you the first of any left overs. Well bagged.

Woohoo! Thanks!

Why? Do you need another tube of Anusol then? :lol:

Pleased to announce that, all being well, Harry and Welshie shall be arriving into Amsterdamned centraal on Friday 10th at approx half past four for tea and biscuits. Leaving on Sunday 12th at mid-dayish. Mode of transport being the train.

Potential roll call time: MH, RA, LG, HMBAWA, Welsh, TM (aka NAP). Any more fares, please?

You forgot Six. She's the reason this continental meet started as she will be on holiday in Amsterdam that weekend and will most definitely be attending!

If so, then I hope she remembers, any one know if she is contactable? Or still making any real plans to get along?

I'll email message my phone number about to those known to be getting along so we don't miss each other.

Potential roll call time: MH, RA, LG, HMBAWA, Welsh, TM (aka NAP). Any more fares, please?

:birthday2: I'm in. :party:

Owing to work commitments, I won't be able to make it until Saturday morning (after a ridiculously early flight), but I hope to make up for lost time pretty quick.

I will be returning Monday evening.

As an aside...

Harry, it looks like your mail box is full... Could you be so kind to please delete a few old messages I can send you a new one?

I'm afraid I probably sha'n't be coming after all.

Financial restraints, an offer of work and the sad knowledge that Six probably won't be there after all are forcing me to reconsider.

:(

I'm afraid I probably sha'n't be coming after all.

Financial restraints, an offer of work and the sad knowledge that Six probably won't be there after all are forcing me to reconsider.

:(

I am sorry you aren't going to make it TM. This will be the first DL Con without you, I had hoped it would be easier for you to get to, but sometimes the cost of travel can be exorbitant as I know, and you just can't turn down work in this day and age. I know I certainly wouldn't. I hope we can arrange to see you at the next one :) .

Six doesn't think she can make it, due to personal reasons that are very much outwith her control, she wanted and tried hard to but couldn't, she should be thanked for setting the seeds in motion for this, the first DL Con outwith the UK.

So now we have 5 DL members all leaving the UK to attend a DL Con in Amsterdam. I think that's a pretty good number. We have a friend in Amsterdam, Magere Hein who is not a resident and is himself travelling from Rotterdam (his home city) to Amsterdam to meet us. If anyone else is thinking of coming do feel free to PM Hein.

I can report that DL Con V has kicked off in style with a lovely evening drinking beer, eating excellent food and just soaking up the atmosphere of Amsterdam in the evening. Hein, RA, HMBWA, welshman and myself all made it, most of us travelling since early morning. Tomorrow is looking good.

• Like 1

I can report that DL Con V has kicked off in style with a lovely evening drinking beer, eating excellent food and just soaking up the atmosphere of Amsterdam in the evening. Hein, RA, HMBWA, welshman and myself all made it, most of us travelling since early morning. Tomorrow is looking good.

Its 4:11 a.m. and I'm out of bed! asnother 5 hours and I should be there!

What a jolly fine time? It really was.

Thanks everyone for a very nice weekend. Had a blast.

Post more later.

Sitting in blazing sunshine with a nice cold beer at brouwerij't IJ with magere Hein and lady G. What better way to spend an afternoon!

• Like 1

A very jolly time indeed RA. A great weekend has/is being had by all. 3 of us left and we have made the most of it - been to the museumplein, did cocktails at House of Bols and now at a brewery under a windmill in the sun. They do serve lemonade too RA!

Sounds wonderful. I tell you, a few days with nice company, in scenic surroundings is way so nicer than touring China for 3 months...

Thanks all, Scotland next year?

Thanks all, Scotland next year?

I might be up for that depending on location.