Saint Peter

Death List Convention

Just kidding see you all there

I hate Glesca, full o' weegies :(

Perhaps I could tempt you with a good malt Charon? Some of us Weegies aren't too bad.....

• Like 1

Boo to the west coast. I live on the east coast

Perhaps I could tempt you with a good malt Charon? Some of us Weegies aren't too bad.....

Islay and we will talk................

The 'Dee? Pah! Jute, jam and Billy Dodds ;)

I will not be attending.

Mainly because I'm a dreadful bore.

• Like 1

That big eared prick is from West Cumnock

Jute, Jam and Big Dave Narey. Now we're talking

That big eared prick is from West Cumnock

Jute, Jam and Big Dave Narey. Now we're talking

Ah , sand boy, narrowed it down........

Dundee_United_Logo.gif

Look at the name of my first DDP team name :-). And that is why I hate Sevco as well

Look at the name of my first DDP team name :-). And that is why I hate Sevco as well

I think I might have guesed your weren't from across the road lol..... hun bastards. They are what...? no 3 Huns ? After Hearts and M'Well? It is hard to keep up wae the feckers Yongle....

So do you support anyone ? ICT ? Ross County ?

This was the year I was going to save my sheckels and hop a plane for 8 hours and come to DLC. Then I took a trip to California to see my mother in law where I discovered she has gone over the edge and can no longer live alone. Since the world has a sense of humor, I will be here for the foreseeable future while my husband and I try to figure out what to do. This is always a crappy situation in the US (unless you are independently wealthy, which we aren't). Next week I will be having all my work stuff shipped to California from Texas and I will also be dropping my classes for the spring semester. I have no idea what I'm going to do about having a car, taking care of the dogs, or staying sane.

So, raise a glass for me (not that I drink, but it's the thought that counts) and maybe I'll see you next time.

Hmmm, marginal for me, more the timing than the venue. Fairly partial to Scotland, but pressing gigs in Romania and the Balleric Islands that month on top of the salaried work.

lol i thought you could guess............. I might live in the NW, but I am from further Saaaafffff.

lol i thought you could guess............. I might live in the NW, but I am from further Saaaafffff.

Fort William?

Fort William?

Close.... I have watched them. Actualy not that close.

Fort William?

Close.... I have watched them. Actualy not that close.

Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa ???

We are now into 2013 and this means another DL Convention. This one will be in Scotland as I am organising it. I am thinking the first weekend in October and it will be in Glasgow - this is not up for discussion unless you are prepared to pay me a lot of money - it is easily accessible from all points of the UK by public transport and from further afield by air and train links, also easy to drive to. All objections and better suggestions can be made here, they might be ignored though......

Glasgow...

Hmmm...

Don't you still owe me a curry?

:smileyd:

We are now into 2013 and this means another DL Convention. This one will be in Scotland as I am organising it. I am thinking the first weekend in October and it will be in Glasgow - this is not up for discussion unless you are prepared to pay me a lot of money - it is easily accessible from all points of the UK by public transport and from further afield by air and train links, also easy to drive to. All objections and better suggestions can be made here, they might be ignored though......

Glasgow...

Hmmm...

I'll likely come, but why not Edinburgh and why not in summer? You do have summer in Scotland, right?

Maybe I'll take in a Kilmarnock or Falkirk match while I'm there.

Glad to see my post has kick started preparations for DL Con VI. So far we have suggestions for Glasgow, Edinburgh and the East Coast. I personally feel it has to be in the Central Belt for ease of access (2 airports, 2 main railway lines running to all main cities in the UK and excellent road systems). From my point of view Edinburgh would suit me much better as it much easier to get to from the Scottish Borders, there is no public transport to the west of Scotland from here, it also has Rose Street which is full of great pubs and restaurants all within a short distance of each other and it really is a beautiful city. The only thing against it is it more expensive than anywhere else in Scotland due to it being a major tourist destination, but we had a great Convention in Amsterdam and it is also an expensive tourist destination. Dates are also very flexible although Edinburgh would probably be out of the question during the Edinburgh International Festival as all accommodation is usually booked months in advance and you cannot move for the tourists, as far as I know the festival runs from 9th August to 1st September.

What I would like is if those who are interested in going could post which dates you cannot make (Maryport we would love to have you there) and what your preference of destination would be.

I would prefer Edinburgh for reasons stated above. I cannot make mid to late June or early July due to family commitments.

Looking forward to some more lively discussions and hoping that we can get something sorted out soonish.

P.S. Tuber Mirum, I do indeed owe you a curry :) .

LG - you said the other day that it was going to be Glasgow.

Note in my diary says Glasgow.

Gets tipex out...

I'll wait...

Gets tipex out...

I'll wait...

Glasgow and Edinburgh sorta merge........................

Gets tipex out...

I'll wait...

I like to keep you on your toes RA ;)

I thought I better open it up as we have had one member saying they hate Glasgow and another saying 'boo to the west'. I am happy to go with the majority, my heart says Glasgow, obviously, it's my home city and I am very proud of it, but Edinburgh would mean less than 2 hours travelling for me, every DL Con I have attended has taken me 7 - 9 hours of travelling to get to so only 2 hours is a huge plus in my book (even Glasgow would take me 4 - 5 hours).

It is true what Charon says about Glasgow and Edinburgh sort of merging, only Weegies are much friendlier :P.

It is true what Charon says about Glasgow and Edinburgh sort of merging, only Weegies are much friendlier :P.

Pish, just no Scots left in Embro.......

And either is a 4+ hour drive for me though Edin is preferred re doggie sitters + accomadation for me.

Glasgow...

Hmmm...

I would very much like to come along. I should be able to if it's in the school holidays ( late July to end of August). I still owe Tuber Mirum a drink, so I have to be there.