Saint Peter

Death List Convention

The last weekend in September is fine for me too.

That's not to say something won't come up.

Weekend not matter to me as it would need holidays. Might be in Scotland but it is a hooruva drive down :)

Will do my best, but wouldn't be "hoteling" as need doggie sitter which will be outside city, so I will try and work around you folks, if possible.

I'll be in California tending to the mother in law. :P Ironically, it will probably cost me more to get back and forth from California to Texas than it would cost me to go to Scotland.

Does it absolutely have to be a weekend?

Not for me, if it's in August.

• Like 2

I usually have to sell body parts to get the time off work, but if successful, I'd love to make the attempt this year

Does it absolutely have to be a weekend?

Difficult for me if it is August midweek, we are all part time in my work and there are only 2 people that can cover my job and even then only partially, they can field phone calls/emails and arrange appointments for my return and they will cover my meetings in emergency situations. I work Monday - Thursday and am already having 2 weeks off in July due to the family visit from Tasmania (I have agreed to work the Mondays of both weeks because of other staff holidays), in fact the family arrived today but I couldn't take time off due to covering for another colleague, you get the gist, we are short staffed as are most of the Third Sector. My boss is very accommodating but I had to have a day off last week when my dad was rushed to hospital in the early hours of Wednesday morning, he was very, very ill, he did rally and nothing sinister was found but it was a crisis at the time and I spent the whole day at the hospital. I would feel really cheeky if I asked for another midweek day off so soon. September and October I think would be ok.

Please don't let the planning of the Con rely on my availability, as has been proven with my dad these last few months I could end up having a situation like that again and I am afraid if my dad gets rushed back into hospital at any time I will be with him. So please make your plans and I will fit in with them.

Death Con 6.5 was held this week to celebrate 1/2 way through the year. GR, Cowboy Ronnie, me ... :-)

• Like 2

Re DL Con VI: I have some hope I can attend, depending on, among other things, what date is chosen.

I´d prefer a weekend, as last Friday I started a new job of the Mo to Fr type. I hope I can get one or two days off extra to make it a short holiday. Scotland isn´t far away, but it´s still a bit of a trip.

regards,

Hein

Buuuuuummmp.

Well , due to a course on the construction of fish food ffs, my hols doon by the 'burgh will be the last ten days of august . Maybe start of Sept. Ish.

If that fits in, sound.

Well August is here and my diary has surreptitiously filled itself up with the exception of next week.

Anyone up for a pint, anywhere, between now and next Friday?

• Like 1

I'm in, so long as it's on this planet.

Well August is here and my diary has surreptitiously filled itself up with the exception of next week.

Anyone up for a pint, anywhere, between now and next Friday?

I can make Tues evening/Wed all day as long as its within a couple of hours travel time.

That could be done!

Anyone else?

Six says no to Bruges.

For me if I were planning to drive that way, It wouldn't be much further, and still cheaper than flying, if I went on to Calais, got on a ferry to Dover and we met somewhere on or near the South coast.

Hein?

Six says no to Bruges.

For me if I were planning to drive that way, It wouldn't be much further, and still cheaper than flying, if I went on to Calais, got on a ferry to Dover and we met somewhere on or near the South coast.

Hein?

You could have a fracking good pint with Swampy and the nimbys at the Cowdray in Balcombe.

Six says no to Bruges.

Hein?

So Tu and Wed, in the middle of the week. And getting to Calais... It's possible, but not quite what I have in mind.

I need some persuasion.

regards,

Hein

Belgium... Could be done...

I'm expected to be in work all next week prior to a two week holiday... My work is just about up todate and my sub manager is on holiday all next week. So, it I could be that I could come down with the "chronic shits" on Tuesday morning...

I'm in, so long as it's on this planet.

Bloody well push that boat g/f...

You said planet... Then balked at getting a cross channel ferry?

Love you...

I know, I know. I was fed up, and I excitedly jumped at the opportunity of meeting up with you wonderful people without thinking about how I would get there. The ferry cost is around £200., train costs in this country are around £130, then there's the train to Bruges, the hotel and the many, many drinks. It's also the summer holidays and I have two children who want to do things other than stay home in front of the TV, and unfortunately, I'm not rolling in cash. I would very much like to be able to visit Bruges, but I can't. Had this been arranged a few months ago, prices would have been slightly cheaper and I could have budgeted my way around it.

I hope my explanation is satisfactory to you, dear RA. I shall think more carefully before I speak in future.

Six says no to Bruges.

Hein?

So Tu and Wed, in the middle of the week. And getting to Calais... It's possible, but not quite what I have in mind.

I need some persuasion.

regards,

Hein

I'll pick you up in Antwerp.

I understand Wednesday/Thursday might suit Six better.

I know, I know. I was fed up, and I excitedly jumped at the opportunity of meeting up with you wonderful people without thinking about how I would get there. The ferry cost is around £200., train costs in this country are around £130, then there's the train to Bruges, the hotel and the many, many drinks. It's also the summer holidays and I have two children who want to do things other than stay home in front of the TV, and unfortunately, I'm not rolling in cash. I would very much like to be able to visit Bruges, but I can't. Had this been arranged a few months ago, prices would have been slightly cheaper and I could have budgeted my way around it.

I hope my explanation is satisfactory to you, dear RA. I shall think more carefully before I speak in future.

Don't worry about it; he loves you.

£200 for the ferry? The ones I'm loooking at cost between €80 and €130 return with a car.

So folks, sorry to be so unpredictable. I've decided not to drive to the UK.

There's a festival on in Bruges I'm quite interested in so I'm driving there tomorrow morning. I'll stay for two, possibly three nights, though hotels seem to be pretty pricey.

If anyone wants to come by for a Grimbergen or three then please PM me.

I'm now going to prepare for my trip by watching the film.