Saint Peter

Death List Convention

Six says no to Bruges.

For me if I were planning to drive that way, It wouldn't be much further, and still cheaper than flying, if I went on to Calais, got on a ferry to Dover and we met somewhere on or near the South coast.

Hein?

So Tu and Wed, in the middle of the week. And getting to Calais... It's possible, but not quite what I have in mind.

I need some persuasion.

I'll pick you up in Antwerp.

I understand Wednesday/Thursday might suit Six better.

That might do it. What kind of time table are you thinking of?

regards,

Hein

Plan, plan, plan.

What's it to be?

LG, tasked me with a plan to do Edinburgh. That's all well in good but the festival makes such a mess of August...

I'm sure it's a much latter call of either the 9th or 30th of November.

So folks, sorry to be so unpredictable. I've decided not to drive to the UK.

There's a festival on in Bruges I'm quite interested in so I'm driving there tomorrow morning. I'll stay for two, possibly three nights, though hotels seem to be pretty pricey.

If anyone wants to come by for a Grimbergen or three then please PM me.

I'm now going to prepare for my trip by watching the film.

I was In Bruges in April: lovely looking place with lots to do and see, but even in spring it was crawling with Farrell-loving tourists, so I'd hate to imagine it in August. I preferred Ghent - similar but without the claustrophobic-Disneyland feel. Anyway, have a good convention if it all works out. Pretty much all the Belgians I met were cool, none of them were famous of course.

If anyone does visit Ghent and enjoys a tipple, I can recommend the Dulle Griet and its alleged 250 beers.

Well Bruges was lovely. A bit expensive on the whole but very beautiful and only a bit too full of tourists in one or two places.

Took me an hour or two to stop repeating the mantra "this place is a complete feckin' shithole", but after that I had quite a lot of fun with my festival friends.

Sadly no Deathlisters were there; Hein may have come if I'd stayed a day longer but it wasn't possible :(

Well Bruges was lovely. A bit expensive on the whole but very beautiful and only a bit too full of tourists in one or two places.

Took me an hour or two to stop repeating the mantra "this place is a complete feckin' shithole", but after that I had quite a lot of fun with my festival friends.

Sadly no Deathlisters were there; Hein may have come if I'd stayed a day longer but it wasn't possible :(

Work was so pressing... Sad not to be there with you... Now even more sad that none of us could make it a more fun outing for you.

I was in Brighton the other week but was so time constrained that even making a long shot call to Time was asking a bit much.

Note to ones self... Must make more effort...

I'll be in Devon at the end of next month if that's any good for anyone.

Work was so pressing... Sad not to be there with you... Now even more sad that none of us could make it a more fun outing for you.

I was in Brighton the other week but was so time constrained that even making a long shot call to Time was asking a bit much.

Note to ones self... Must make more effort...

That's a shame, might even have bought you a lemonade.

Anyway, all my plans are turning to shit as soon as I make them, so no guessing which meeting I might make.

At the moment, February 2014 looks OK.

Aye, not bad. I ducked out early in the proceedings, but did get a nice cuddle from Lady G first. Left the others stumbling pubwards. I expect they'll surface to levels of consciousness fit to post on here sometime in the middle of the week. Lady G came with an entourage and we got to meet our newest member. Weather very agreeable, real ale fairly strong.

Aye not bad indeed! A great time seems to have been had by all, my 'entourage' were raving about it all the way home in the car. That cuddle has been caught on camera mpfc and will be available to view on a Facebook page near you soon when I finally return home and have the energy to load photos up onto the net. It was a day of good food, good beer (wine and cider) and great banter. I am currently in bed and getting ready to sleep, it was a fun but exhausting day. For the stats over the whole day 8 adults and 2 children attended, not quite all at the same time.

It was just great, thank you to all that attended :-)

All things being equal, Welshman and I will be returning to the Canterbury Food and Drink Festival this year (27-29 Sept), if any southern/Europe-based DLers would like to come along. I'd prefer the Saturday, Welsh, how about you?

All things being equal, Welshman and I will be returning to the Canterbury Food and Drink Festival this year (27-29 Sept), if any southern/Europe-based DLers would like to come along. I'd prefer the Saturday, Welsh, how about you?

Hmm, Canterbury. Never been there.

I'll consider the trip, there might be some tales in it. Food and Drink are always in fashion at DLCs, so that should work.

regards,

Hein

Aye, not bad. I ducked out early in the proceedings, but did get a nice cuddle from Lady G first. Left the others stumbling pubwards. I expect they'll surface to levels of consciousness fit to post on here sometime in the middle of the week. Lady G came with an entourage and we got to meet our newest member. Weather very agreeable, real ale fairly strong.

Aye not bad indeed! A great time seems to have been had by all, my 'entourage' were raving about it all the way home in the car. That cuddle has been caught on camera mpfc and will be available to view on a Facebook page near you soon when I finally return home and have the energy to load photos up onto the net. It was a day of good food, good beer (wine and cider) and great banter. I am currently in bed and getting ready to sleep, it was a fun but exhausting day. For the stats over the whole day 8 adults and 2 children attended, not quite all at the same time.

It was just great, thank you to all that attended :-)

I'm on board for this one; happy times last year. Highly recommended, especially if the weather is good.

Yes, go go go for me too. Will certainly be there on Saturday from around 1 onwards with Mrs Welshman and the welsh Kids (who are both English of course).

Hopeful that Lady G will join to give us 4 DLers, making it some sort of 1/2 con RA?

Know what?

May as well make Canterbury the "full-on" DL Con VI for this year and "do" Scotland next year in the late spring or early summer. November the 9th in Edinburgh sounds a mite bleak, and more like us just chancing our arm.

• Like 1

So if anyone else can make it just let me know and I'll make a plan. Send me a PM.

Know what?

May as well make Canterbury the "full-on" DL Con VI for this year and "do" Scotland next year in the late spring or early summer. November the 9th in Edinburgh sounds a mite bleak, and more like us just chancing our arm.

Awesome, looking forward to seeing yers Ali, and Lady G (if the above is right).

Got to get the ok from mrs Rotten yet... I'll say it's only just 50/50.

Got to get the ok from mrs Rotten yet... I'll say it's only just 50/50.

I'm about 99-1 against, :( . I stood a better chance of getting to Bruges!

So HMBWA me MPFC possible RA possible LG possible Hein. This could get good. Come on down...

Know what?

Sadly (for me) I won't be attending. The cost is prohibitive, counted up I am looking at £350 - £400 for travel and accommodation. It is not feasible for me to get to Kent and back for 1 night I would have to travel on the Friday and travel home on the Monday - my tiny little backwater does not have good public transport on a Sunday and if the train back got delayed (highly likely as they do maintenance on rail lines on Sundays) I would have to spend an additional £40 to get me home in a taxi. This is the price I pay for living in God's own country :P .

Hope you all have a great time, I shall be looking into properly organising a Scotland meet up for next year - November 9th this year is a no go for me RA, I have a family get together in Fife that weekend.

Well, I've surprisingly found myself available tomorrow for Canterbury, ticket booked and all.

So if anyone else is going, drop me a line and let me know a good place to meet, otherwise I'm going to spend the day visiting the cathedral and the cricket ground on my own!

• Like 1

Well, I've surprisingly found myself available tomorrow for Canterbury, ticket booked and all.

So if anyone else is going, drop me a line and let me know a good place to meet, otherwise I'm going to spend the day visiting the cathedral and the cricket ground on my own!

Good man.

Last call.

Banshees, we'll be at the dwarf throwing tent at 1pm. Carol Ann, we'll be at the cocker-whacking tent at 2pm. Tuber, we'll be at the clay pigeon tent at 3pm. LG, we'll be watching AC/DC in the bandstand at 4pm. DDT, tractor pulling at 5pm.

Everyone else, Dolphin at 6, Millers at 7, Parrot at 8, make your own way home from there.

• Like 1

Good man.

Last call.

Banshees, we'll be at the dwarf throwing tent at 1pm. Carol Ann, we'll be at the cocker-whacking tent at 2pm. Tuber, we'll be at the clay pigeon tent at 3pm. LG, we'll be watching AC/DC in the bandstand at 4pm. DDT, tractor pulling at 5pm.

Everyone else, Dolphin at 6, Millers at 7, Parrot at 8, make your own way home from there.

Unfortunately I'll be busy in the bit-biting building, trying to get some programming finished before 1 Oct, so you'll have to do w/o me. Enjoy yourselves.

regards,

Hein

Bandstand Dane John Park 1pm. Don't bother with the cricket ground as the season finished yesterday :-)

Bandstand Dane John Park 1pm. Don't bother with the cricket ground as the season finished yesterday :-)

Time...awesome!

As a bunch of enigmatic sorts congretating around a bandstand used to say: be seeing you!

Time...awesome!

As a bunch of enigmatic sorts congretating around a bandstand used to say: be seeing you!

Trumpton_Town_Bandstand.jpg

• Like 3