Saint Peter

Death List Convention

I'll confess to wimping out of the Con to get train back with a goodly portion of my seventh pint still on the table. Percentage wise it was probably the highest proportion of beer to the lowest proportion of food of any DLCon I've ever attended. Very enjoyable, damn good company and the others must have gone on much longer because I don't see any of them having surfaced to post here!

I'll confess to wimping out of the Con to get train back with a goodly portion of my seventh pint still on the table. Percentage wise it was probably the highest proportion of beer to the lowest proportion of food of any DLCon I've ever attended. Very enjoyable, damn good company and the others must have gone on much longer because I don't see any of them having surfaced to post here!

I don't remember much but my head hurts.

Isn't it now 10 years since the DeathList forum started?

Isn't it now 10 years since the DeathList forum started?

The Oldest Post Still Available (from a guest, BTW, and on a worthy subject) is from 15 September 2003, so that's about right.

regards,

Hein

Only the 9 and a half years off-target for Thatcher! :D

Thank fuck you're still breathing...respect to your drinking prowess Time!

Left my football in the Parrot and had to go back for it. Harry missed his second to last bus, so we ended up in the Bishop's Finger for a last one.Hangover from Hell today, must have been the 8% Biddenden cider around 3pm. Keep forgetting I am not 20 and can't drink for 9 hours :(. Same time place next year?

Left my football in the Parrot and had to go back for it. Harry missed his second to last bus, so we ended up in the Bishop's Finger for a last one.Hangover from Hell today, must have been the 8% Biddenden cider around 3pm. Keep forgetting I am not 20 and can't drink for 9 hours :(. Same time place next year?

Oh, go on then. Might avoid the 6-00am alarm call with Mrs Maryport and strenuous session in the gym before the DLCon, mind. Knackered from exercise and drinking on a near empty stomach probably isn't the best idea. Not hungover today, mind, so my strategic withdrawl might have been a good idea after all.

Cheers, I took it easy as I had a long journey home!

Well, that was the original plan. Still, if you lay off the food, it leaves more room for the beer.

Cheers, I took it easy as I had a long journey home!

Well, that was the original plan. Still, if you lay off the food, it leaves more room for the beer.

So you're on board for next year, then?

There was a small DL Con held on Tuesday last in the Dutch town of Utrecht.

Magere Hein was there and I think I was there too.

Much beer was drunk. Of that I am certain.

A most enjoyable event, hopefully to be repeated.

• Like 2

There was a small DL Con held on Tuesday last in the Dutch town of Utrecht.

The English words ´city´ and ´town´ both translate to Dutch ´stad´, but I suppose most Dutch would use ´city´ to describe Utrecht. By population it´s the fourth Dutch municipality and it's much older than the three larger ones.

Magere Hein was there and I think I was there too.

Much beer was drunk. Of that I am certain.

A most enjoyable event, hopefully to be repeated.

I assure you you were there just as much as that beer. Yes, it was quite a pleasure.

regards,

Hein

http://www.canterbur...odfestival.aspx I suggest Saturday as that gives me a day to recover for work..

I may be able to make this but can you confirm local guides will be available to aid in navigation to the railway station at the end of the day?

http://www.canterbur...odfestival.aspx I suggest Saturday as that gives me a day to recover for work..

I may be able to make this but can you confirm local guides will be available to aid in navigation to the railway station at the end of the day?

I missed the train I was heading for that day as well. We could always, like, make an effort to eat more before necking the strong ales. Either way, probs up for this one, will confirm after 9-00 am on 18 June.

Ever have DL Con in Spain? Thats where I'll be this Summer... :)

If you're paying transport and accommodation I'm sure we'll all attend :P

Any DL's out there reside in Perth, Western Australia????

If anyone's ever up in the Newcastle area, shoot me a pm. (Unless you live in Sunderland, then you're probably a cunt)

• Like 1

If anyone's ever up in the Newcastle area, shoot me a pm. (Unless you live in Sunderland, then you're probably a cunt)

Lived with Maccams for three years several years ago, shot my academic load and split. But generally headed out to Newcastle when we needed a decent shot of culture.

Lately people keep (jokingly?) suggesting the often-deadly Isle of Man TT race (or some other motorbike race) as a DL convention destination.

How about this place instead.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...gazine-27066299

Hah. Nice idea actually.

I wonder if there's ever been one in Eastbourne, or if anyone ever had that idea (the place in the UK that's most often associated with coffin-dodging).

Hah. Nice idea actually.

I wonder how if there's ever been one in Eastbourne, or if anyone ever had that idea (the place in the UK that's most often associated with coffin-dodging).

Maybe we could round up some of the famous bods of list and do a Deathlist UK Tour getting them to speak about their lives with the caveat that all of the venues have to be in places associated with high mortality, coffin dodging or high illness rates. No, I don't know how we'd pay for this.

Hah. Nice idea actually.

I wonder how if there's ever been one in Eastbourne, or if anyone ever had that idea (the place in the UK that's most often associated with coffin-dodging).

Maybe we could round up some of the famous bods of list and do a Deathlist UK Tour getting them to speak about their lives with the caveat that all of the venues have to be in places associated with high mortality, coffin dodging or high illness rates. No, I don't know how we'd pay for this.

Knew it wouldn't be long before you were talking bollocks again.....