Saint Peter

Death List Convention

On 13/07/2017 at 07:38, CarolAnn said:

:P

It could be the cheapest hotel in all of England. After $2000 worth of airfare I'd be lucky to afford food.

This DL pilgrimage really has to happen

If you can get to the UK CA you will not go hungry.

We need possible attendees or summat for next....ummm ..May?

20 hours ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

This DL pilgrimage really has to happen

If you can get to the UK CA you will not go hungry.

We need possible attendees or summat for next....ummm ..May?

Likely up for it (so long as it avoids Carlisle United winning the play-off final at Wembley over the Bank Holiday weekend)

• Like 1

I'm in if it's not the end of May. 

• Like 1

Why would I want to meet any of you in real life? You'd probably spark me out.

That said avoid the snooker finals weekend and I might make it if I'm not skint.

23 minutes ago, Deathray said:

Why would I want to meet any of you in real life? You'd probably spark me out.

That said avoid the snooker finals weekend and I might make it if I'm not skint.

I shall ensure its on the snooker finals weekend.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

I shall ensure its on the snooker finals weekend.

Well that's me and mpfc out....

1 hour ago, Deathray said:

1 hour ago, Deathray said:

Assuming  that Carlisle United are not taking part in the snooker  championships, I suspect that it won't be an issue.

You are not going to attend anyway so sod off and bother another thread.

Just now, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

Assuming  that Carlisle United are not taking part in the snooker  championships, I suspect that it won't be an issue.

You are not going to attend anyway so sod off and bother another thread.

He said the bank holiday weekend was out for him, which any good snooker fan knows is the weekend of the snooker finals. And I'm seriously considering attending. 

3 minutes ago, Deathray said:

He said the bank holiday weekend was out for him, which any good snooker fan knows is the weekend of the snooker finals. And I'm seriously considering attending. 

Reread it.

Most of us who will attend know what each other  looks like and we will also know where to meet up.

You won't know either way.

3 minutes ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

Reread it.

Most of us who will attend know what each other  looks like and we will also know where to meet up.

Ah come on, this is the only community I've ever felt part of.... I wouldn't cause no bother, honest guv...

1 hour ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

Reread it.

All you'll see of me is the tall boney one dressed in black with the antiquated agricultural implement.

7 hours ago, Youwanticewiththat said:

All you'll see of me is the tall boney one dressed in black with the antiquated agricultural implement.

Good, a photo opportunity at Brinsworth is on the cards then. :D

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Deathray said:

Snooker is first May Bank Holiday weekend. Play-off finals are the second. No dates as yet but a fair bet would be the League Two one is on the Monday. Obviously, we'll storm to promotion (assuming we sign more than the current four new arrivals from the close season) so - therefore - won't need the 90 minute nail-biter to secure League One status.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Youwanticewiththat said:

You following me or summat?

20170720_201006-1.jpg

5 hours ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

You following me or summat?

20170720_201006-1.jpg

Given the loveliness of the location..I wish!  Damn that's one cheap looking death; country appropriate LFN?

7 hours ago, Youwanticewiththat said:

Given the loveliness of the location..I wish!  Damn that's one cheap looking death; country appropriate LFN?

Quite possibly icey.

• Like 1

Right, Ive not forgotten this.

IF anybody is interested in a pilgrimage to DLs centre of worship, lets have your interest expressed or summat.

Obviously, all main details will be done via PM and  Morse Pigeon to maintain our absolute secrecy and anon....well you know.

I did initially suggest May but March or April would be fine by me too, the main thing will be to get those who can and want to go to, erm, go.

Hopefully R.A will be reading this, his attendance with his mega sized folder under his left armpit is a must and a DL tradition ( as is Lardy and LGs capacity to drink)

Mebee even NAP Tuber may read this, you never know......

Charon, if you can make it we will all wear Orange for you.:lol:

Over to you folks.

Brinsworth-House-2-ef90fccb6a.jpg

I'm in depending on when, but I haven't got much planned next year because I'm a fat loser with no friends. 

• Haha 2

If it meant meeting a handful of you face to face, for better or worse lol, I'd highly consider it.

SC

On 7/13/2017 at 07:38, CarolAnn said:

:P

It could be the cheapest hotel in all of England. After $2000 worth of airfare I'd be lucky to afford food.

I just googled KLM which goes Dallas - Amsterdam - London. For April and early May week-days;  the flights are all about 1,193 US Dollars round trip right now. Make sure you book the return flights that cost 0 - to under 100 US Dollars though (More expensive in June- August when all the X-pats flight back to the USA to visit family during the school holidays. I usually go to Los Angeles or SAN Francisco from Norway in the off-season.) Book now though! Seems KLM and Delta share these flights.

British Airways is worth a try as well. Cheap to rent a CAR through them as well. 

Don't know why, but Brinsworth House reminds me of Arkham Asylum.

• Haha 1

Yeah - I'm a pretty strong probable. Good to meet up and good to see the fabled facade of the gates of showbiz delerium. In fact - looking at the trainline to BH - I could even break my journey and pay another visit to the Bolan shrine/site of the great man's death on the way.

• Like 2

I could possibly do this; I haven't been to a DLCon for a few years so it'd be nice to catch up! 

• Thanks 1

I'm an extremely antisocial git who took a vow of poverty (aka have weans, or black holes of all money ever) but enjoy the meetup, anyhow!