Saint Peter

Death List Convention

On 12/10/2017 at 15:59, Lard Bazaar said:

I spent this weekend in Southampton, and last night I dreamt that the reason I was there was to meet up with various DL members for the Deathcon. We met in a milkshake bar and I brought my old man along to meet you all, which didn’t go terribly well as he doesn’t really get the death thing. Then I woke up at 3am and spent 20 minutes puking into the Travelodge sink. 

My sister married some bloke from Petersfield, kinda on the way to Southampton 'down the A3'.  So it's my adopted sports city lol.  I know, it's sad.  Ironically I would move to Louisiana 8 years later, allowing me to root for the Saints in any version of football you like!  As for Southampton proper, I've never been.
SC

1 hour ago, Sir Creep said:

My sister married some bloke from Petersfield, kinda on the way to Southampton 'down the A3'.  So it's my adopted sports city lol.  I know, it's sad.  Ironically I would move to Louisiana 8 years later, allowing me to root for the Saints in any version of football you like!  As for Southampton proper, I've never been.
SC

Even this lot?

St Helens RFC logo.svg

• Like 2

On 10/12/2017 at 21:59, Lard Bazaar said:

I spent this weekend in Southampton, and last night I dreamt that the reason I was there was to meet up with various DL members for the Deathcon. We met in a milkshake bar and I brought my old man along to meet you all, which didn’t go terribly well as he doesn’t really get the death thing. Then I woke up at 3am and spent 20 minutes puking into the Travelodge sink. 

That will have been LFN date-raping you. That or morning after pill sickness from trying to hide your tracks of being a slag who shags strangers she's just met other than over the internet, your the type. 

38 minutes ago, Deathray said:

That will have been LFN date-raping you. That or morning after pill sickness from trying to hide your tracks of being a slag who shags strangers she's just met other than over the internet, your the type. 

Oh, it wasn’t him that time, he won’t cross the Norfolk border.  It was your dad.

Also, ‘you’re’.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, time said:

Even this lot?

St Helens RFC logo.svg

How about the opposite of Southampton -- the Northampton Saints (rugby).  Guess they're my team.

Just now, Sir Creep said:

How about the opposite of Southampton -- the Northampton Saints (rugby).  Guess they're my team.

You can have both Northampton for union & St. Helen's for league.

There's also these...

St Kilda FC logo.svg

for your aussie rules if you're feeling adventurous.

• Like 1

All the jerseys I have to buy!  Amazon.au here I come

3 minutes ago, time said:

You can have both Northampton for union & St. Helen's for league.

There's also these...

St Kilda FC logo.svg

for your aussie rules if you're feeling adventurous.

St KFC? Now that’s my kind of team!

Oh and double-teaming as well, obviously, the old slag that I am :D

Just now, Lard Bazaar said:

St KFC? Now that’s my kind of team!

Oh and double-teaming as well, obviously, the old slag that I am :D

I was thinking there's a more obvious nickname than saints...

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Sir Creep said:

Please no. I am surrounded by Northampton Saints fans here but everyone knows the best Rugby Union team is/was Leicester Tigers.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Bibliogryphon said:

Please no. I am surrounded by Northampton Saints fans here but everyone knows the best Rugby Union team is/was Leicester Tigers.

I grew up following my Detroit Tigers.  Still do, but...
Oh but then I move to Louisiana, and it's Tigers Tigers Tigers everywhere.  Louisiana State Univ Tigers -- purple and gold -- infest everything.  I swear 20% of the high school mascots are Tigers, including my little town of Breaux Bridge (Tigers) and 20 miles south are the St. Martinville Tigers (same high school conference, same bloody Parish (i.e. county)!  If they aren't called the Tigers their colors are purple and gold (St. Martinville adopted both tyvm).   20 miles south of St. Martinville are the Jeanerette Tigers, and 25 miles NW of Breaux Bridge are the Opelousas Tigers.   Don't get me started on Jr. High schools.  I'm sick to bloody death of Tigers.  

SC

(Edit:  OK so a couple minutes research, as I was interested.  According to this site, 'Tigers' is the mascot for 38 high schools in Louisiana, or over 9%.  GDamn ridiculous.).

• Like 1

Hey Carol Ann -- wherever you are (haven't seen a post in a few).  I'll be driving through Dallas (pert near Denton) area around lunch time tomorrow if you are up for it. 
Well I will be leaving Pecos about 2am....so however long it takes to drive ~450 miles. 
Let me know, otherwise I will be taking I-10 instead of I-20 and saving 60 miles.
SirC

Presumably that nickname Saints for Southampton comes from Southampton Town but they also play/played at St Mary's. Northampton Town play at St. James's. I once went to a conference there. It was awful.

9 minutes ago, Bibliogryphon said:

Northampton Town play at St. James's. I once went to a conference there. It was awful.

I think you are mistaken about at least one of your facts.

Northampton Town Football Club  (nickname The Cobblers) play at Sixfields Stadium.

Northampton Saints - the rugby team - play at Franklin (sp?) Gardens.

Both Newcastle United and Exeter City play at St James Park.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Grim Up North said:

I think you are mistaken about at least one of your facts.

Northampton Town Football Club  (nickname The Cobblers) play at Sixfields Stadium.

Northampton Saints - the rugby team - play at Franklin (sp?) Gardens.

Both Newcastle United and Exeter City play at St James Park.

Yes  I said Town Franklin's Gardens is in the region of the town known as St James. The year after we went to Franklin's Garden we held the conference at Sixfields that was even worse.

Then there's these...

Thenewsaints.png

The New Saints of Oswestry Town & Llansantffraid, certainly the longest football club name I've encountered.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bibliogryphon said:

Presumably that nickname Saints for Southampton comes from Southampton Town but they also play/played at St Mary's.

No, it's because they started out as a church youth football team called Southampton St Mary's. 

St Mary's is the main church in Southampton hence the district also called St Mary's, which is where the new(ish) stadium is.  The old stadium was of course The Dell.

When I lived in Southampton, St Mary's was a very run-down area, home to the red light area where the girls used to sit in windows, Amsterdam-style. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Toast said:

When I lived in Southampton, St Mary's was a very run-down area, home to the red light area where the girls used to sit in windows, Amsterdam-style. 

The hairy fairies of St Mary's?

Was the date fixed or did it lapse?

On 18/03/2018 at 19:28, Rotten Ali said:

Was the date fixed or did it lapse?

LFN was organising it and he's announced an indefinite departure hereabouts for what appear to be pressing personal reasons - so I'd say it lapsed for want of anyone else stepping up. The Brinsworth bait will have to wait.

On 3/8/2018 at 09:17, Sir Creep said:

Hey Carol Ann -- wherever you are (haven't seen a post in a few).  I'll be driving through Dallas (pert near Denton) area around lunch time tomorrow if you are up for it. 
Well I will be leaving Pecos about 2am....so however long it takes to drive ~450 miles. 
Let me know, otherwise I will be taking I-10 instead of I-20 and saving 60 miles.
SirC

I've been inundated with life. It seems to be contagious around here. Right now I'm waiting for a flight home. I didn't see this - I'm sorry. PM me next time for are heading through my area. I don't mind driving out to save you a hour. 

20 minutes ago, CarolAnn said:

I've been inundated with life. It seems to be contagious around here. Right now I'm waiting for a flight home. I didn't see this - I'm sorry. PM me next time for are heading through my area. I don't mind driving out to save you a hour. 

AA1200 at 0800 hrs ?

Our little DL-Convention No.3:

We couldn't decide where to meet, so we flipped a coin. Novosibirsk lost, New York won. How lucky we are.

All the best from Book and gcreptile (left and right) :D

CYMERA_20180628_232642.jpg

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

On 29/06/2018 at 05:37, Book said:

Our little DL-Convention No.3:

We couldn't decide where to meet, so we flipped a coin. Novosibirsk lost, New York won. How lucky we are.

All the best from Book and gcreptile (left and right) :D

CYMERA_20180628_232642.jpg

Back in Berlin...

this trip will stay with me for quite a while. New York is an impressive city, and we mostly only saw Manhattan.

Thanks for the company, Book, and the final kick in the ass to just go ahead and do it.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1