Saint Peter

Death List Convention

July 25th is a deffo non-starter for yours truly, so if that one comes off I wish you all well.

Is there a date, then?

Would it matter if there was?

You were given full details of last years meet months in advance because " You really wanted to come".........and you didnt.

You were not the only one who did it.

I appreciate that circumstances change and situations occour but I managed to make that date clear, with months in between to rearrange or make alternative dates should other things crop up, do a 200+ mile round trip and still be the first one at the bar to greet the arrivals.

I wont even go into the efforts made by LB, NAP, LG, Rotten Ali etc to make an even greater effort to, true to their word, attend.

You live considerably closer to that Pub than the rest of us and, most importantly of all, it would have been a common courtesy to have PMd me to confirm that you were unable to make it or say "sorry I couldnt attend" either which would have been appreciated in view of the fact that i was the twat who put it all together.

Its pretty obvious that nobody else is overly interested in organising one and, in all honesty, why should I?

Is there a date, then?

You were given full details of last years meet months in advance because " You really wanted to come".........and you didnt.

I appreciate that circumstances change and situations occour but I managed to make that date clear, with months in between to rearrange or make alternative dates should other things crop up, do a 200+ mile round trip and still be the first one at the bar to greet the arrivals.

I wont even go into the efforts made by LB, NAP, LG, Rotten Ali etc to make an even greater effort to, true to their word, attend.

You live considerably closer to that Pub than the rest of us and, most importantly of all, it would have been a common courtesy to have PMd me to confirm that you were unable to make it or say "sorry I couldnt attend" either which would have been appreciated in view of the fact that i was the twat who put it all together.

Its pretty obvious that nobody else is overly interested in organising one and, in all honesty, why should I?

Dia de los Muertos.....phew. On the bright side......8.16pm......you're lucky LFN's response wasn't sent a few hours later. :(

Is there a date, then?

Goodness! That will learn me! :(

Is there a date, then?

Well done last year LFN for organising, I intended to go but there was no tube service from my station that day. I recall the weather was pretty miserable, which didn't help matters. I'm imagine lots of people felt a bit strange about attending (I did), and some probably got last second cold feet. From what I've heard, those that did go enjoyed it. Attendees will have more to talk about every year. If someone took up the mantle for 2009, if it's on a date I can make I'll be there.

Is there a date, then?

Well done last year LFN for organising, I intended to go but there was no tube service from my station that day. I recall the weather was pretty miserable, which didn't help matters. I'm imagine lots of people felt a bit strange about attending (I did), and some probably got last second cold feet. From what I've heard, those that did go enjoyed it. Attendees will have more to talk about every year. If someone took up the mantle for 2009, if it's on a date I can make I'll be there.

Let me say, I'll do my utmost to make sure there will be a DL CON III this year - if 12trees is really doing the July thing then that's good, (better for MPFC if it were an earlier date in July) but if not, worry not LFN, THERE WILL BE a Nov date (prob the 7th, same time, same place thing) that I'll put my efforts into making it all go with a bang.

P.S. I recall the weather changed only at about 1pm (just before I got to the pub) having walked from St.Pancress rail station past about 5 other tube stations! Come on CR you were mentioned in dispatches on the day, you only had to bring your cold feet!

Is there a date, then?

Let me say, I'll do my utmost to make sure there will be a DL CON III this year - if 12trees is really doing the July thing then that's good, (better for MPFC if it were an earlier date in July) but if not, worry not LFN, THERE WILL BE a Nov date (prob the 7th, same time, same place thing) that I'll put my efforts into making it all go with a bang.

P.S. I recall the weather changed only at about 1pm (just before I got to the pub) having walked from St.Pancress rail station past about 5 other tube stations! Come on CR you were mentioned in dispatches on the day, you only had to be there!

I must admit I don't recall a drastic weather situation, however I was pissed by 1pm so will happily concede that my memory may be somewhat clouded :(

Could I suggest that you ask everyone who wants to come to chip in £10 to a "starter kitty" for drinks and any room hire. No shows will simply forfeit their tenner which will help those who do go feel better about those who don't. A drinks kitty is also good for ensuring prompt arrivals since late arrivals will miss out on the early drinks.

Those who just show up on the day without having paid ahead could be asked for £15 to join the kitty. Of course this would not prevent any tight bastard getting their own at the bar. But they could be suitably ridiculed or ostracised.

Just a thought.

I like the bit about ridiculing and ostracising very much, but it probably wouldn't work. Getting people to fork out money in advance is lots of effort for next to no effect.

I'm sure we could find some other arbitrary reason to ridicule people at the next DL Con though. Perhaps for being drunk.

I like the bit about ridiculing and ostracising very much, but it probably wouldn't work. Getting people to fork out money in advance is lots of effort for next to no effect.

I'm sure we could find some other arbitrary reason to ridicule people at the next DL Con though. Perhaps for being drunk.

:(

:(

I propose we ridicule only those refusing alcohol.

Is there a date, then?

CR, I knew full well that there was no certainty to you coming along, that was fine, I understood that.

I will have to admit that my post was a tad harsh, even for me, there was no intent to go for the jugular of Ms DDLM.

DDLM, I didnt mean to be so sharp with you. Sorry!

Look, lets be realistic about all this. I know that, if I arrange a meet up, there will be two members who will be virtual certainties to attend, a couple who could possibly attend and the odd one or 3 who might.

All I ask for is a request of interest, nothing more, nothing less. I do not require " definitely", life isnt like that.

At this moment in time, I reckon the same time of the month ( November ) would be ideal, its after the Summer Hols and it would, possibly allow two people to attend, who ordinarily wouldnt be able.

If there is somebody able to get one sorted for earlier too, thats fine, go for it.

The only thing that really needs to be figured out is the venue. Its a good one at the present but you need to be a bloody Sheik to buy a round. I know there is another bar the other side of the road of the main drag which is a lot less expensive and big enough.

If anybody has any ideas PM me!!!

If anybody out there is interested in anyway of attending the next Piss up meet, PM me, just to give me some idea of who would like to attend, its all I need to know.

I'm definitely up for it. Last time a last-minute change of work schedule for Mrs The Jackal put a large implement in the works for me and the Anubettes. I'd offer to arrange this one but when it comes to that sort of thing I'm about as much use as Jade Goody's hair straighteners.

:referee:

I propose we ridicule only those refusing alcohol.

There's my airline fare out the window.

Wait - I couldn't come anyway. Never mind.

Im just waiting for a PM, hopefully I shall have a date for the venue ASAP.

ATJ, you may be more of a help than you think if you can suggest a venue that will be reasonably central to the major stations.

Where it has been held is sort of ideal but quite expensive.

Any ideas?

Update.

Saturday November the 7th. Does anybody have to rim an Elephant on that date?

Venue to be announced, however, we are looking at Central London.

Our highly respected member ATJ is on the case and will report back on a possible Boozer.

If anybody wants to come, let me know.

Last time I sent out umpteen PMs, this time I only want to PM those who express an interest, not those I think will.

Update.

Our highly respected member ATJ is on the case and will report back on a possible Boozer.

Last time I sent out umpteen PMs, this time I only want to PM those who express an interest, not those I think will.

Not been keeping up with this thread (or many others in the last few days due to family commitments), but I thought we'd all agreed on late summer :rolleyes: .

Edited by Lady Grendel

Update.

Just had a thought - if my kids school announces fireworks on that Saturday the boss would almost certainly insist on me going to see the bangers as a parental duty.

DWB :rolleyes:

Clucking bell!!!

OK, can I PLEASE have some feeback here. Im trying to set a date which will cover as many angles as possible and allow a degree of flexibility.

Clearly, there seems to be a push for late summer, something I have no problems with.

Rather than me stick my neck out, would people like to offer a date which, by consensus, will be agreeable to all?

Come on people, give me a hand here!!!

Clucking bell!!!

OK, can I PLEASE have some feeback here. Im trying to set a date which will cover as many angles as possible and allow a degree of flexibility.

Clearly, there seems to be a push for late summer, something I have no problems with.

Rather than me stick my neck out, would people like to offer a date which, by consensus, will be agreeable to all?

I may be completely wrong here and I can't speak for all members, but I think you have made so many digs recently about people not turning up when saying they would that people don't want to commit themselves or input ideas for fear of being lambasted for the following few months, you even managed to have a dig at me for not turning up until early evening when I have said on many occasions that I don't like drinking in the afternoons and I did tell you that I wouldn't be there early. I was talking to another member who lives in the south of England and would like to attend a DL Con at some point, but was put off by your post to DdlM last week, you can't take peoples non appearance as a personal insult LFN, these things happen and it was pointed out at the time that the weather was exceedingly atrocious, I got thoroughly soaked just getting there and very nearly turned back at one point.

Nov 7th eh, looks promising. Plenty of notice and early enough in the season to avoid having to be at any 6 pointer, last ditch relegation stuggle match. You know, like the home game with Leyton f*****g Orient f*****g last night!!!

I hereby declare that I will not be attending the next convention.

I'm too anti-social for that kind of caper.

Clucking bell!!!

I may be completely wrong here and I can't speak for all members, but I think you have made so many digs recently about people not turning up when saying they would that people don't want to commit themselves or input ideas for fear of being lambasted for the following few months, you even managed to have a dig at me for not turning up until early evening when I have said on many occasions that I don't like drinking in the afternoons and I did tell you that I wouldn't be there early. I was talking to another member who lives in the south of England and would like to attend a DL Con at some point, but was put off by your post to DdlM last week, you can't take peoples non appearance as a personal insult LFN, these things happen and it was pointed out at the time that the weather was exceedingly atrocious, I got thoroughly soaked just getting there and very nearly turned back at one point.

Lets make some things clear.

Your arrival to the last " Do" was dependant on the guest you were staying with, infact, it was politely asked that, perhaps your host might like to get to the pub a tad earlier than he wanted to to ensure that everybody could spend as much time as possible together. Considering he was London based, as you were for the evening, it wasnt too much to ask that, if everybody else could only spend the great bulk of the day at the meet and forego the major part of the evening, perhaps a slightly earlier arrival would be nice. It didnt happen. Where was the compromise?

My digs were aimed solely at the Im " Deffo coming" brigade, but not because they didnt tho!

DWB managed a PM to say that he couldnt make it, I knew handy couldnt, the Graves, infact the only degree of contact to confirm attendance or not were from people that hadnt made any commitments to attend whatsoever.

Stop confusing personal insult with common courtesy LG. Im quite shocked that you believe that I take it as a personal insult that people dont attend.

FFS this forum is a fraction of my life, I dont live and breathe it, I feel no insult or slight because I dont think too much about it.

What I DO care about is common courtesy, nothing more, nothing less. If you feel that such a rare commodity in this world is unimportant or that I shouldnt feel a tad disappointed in its failure to surface when ive spent time and effort to do something like this then, well, we shall have to agree to disagree.

Please bear in mind that I was well aware of the bad weather, also be aware that i had been up since 6am that morning to travel down!

Anybody who has met me, as you have LG, knows full well that im not the rude arrogant and shoot from the hip character I appear to be on here.

Finally, I never had a dig at you, I had a dig at Harry, who does like to have a dig at everybody else anyway. You were the guest, it was down to him to get there earlier, unfortunately, he believes himself to be more important than everybody else.

Im quite pissed off now.

Organize your own do.

Im off.

PS: ..and you couldnt have talked to me about your concerns via a PM?

You are not the person I thought you were.

So...does anybody else want to take over from LFN?