Saint Peter

Death List Convention

Watch this space.

DL Con III is currently being planned.

Date: Under Raps.

Previous attendees of DL Con I & II have been asked to study their availability on Saturday afternoons/evenings in October & November.

Obviously hope to have found the best date to suit most people.

Venue: Publicly Under Raps.

But in London, short list of several places (one already tentatively booked for a certain date).

Just started Emailing some of those who have shown interest in attending from within this thread.

(I've a rough list of about 50 names, of which I've already contacted 8 persons with more exacting details)

More details may not follow.

I'm the link man for the event. If you want in then please contact me by PM thru this site.

No riffraff.

I'm imposing certain criteria for those who want to come:

1. If you not have been in attendance for either the previous events then you must be of good standing and having good grace of posting history within this site. &

2. Having posted 100 times or more prior to 1st September 2009.

I thank you.

LFN; The staff at Brinsworth House rang me back, confirming Mr O' Sullivan has no prior engagements on any of the days we suggested. It'll be £12.95 per hour if we want him, half that if we're prepared to feed and wash him ourselves.

No riffraff.

1. If you not have been in attendance for either the previous events then you must be of good standing and having good grace of posting history within this site.

It's WRAPS.

1. I'm riffraff & proud of it, although I have no idea if I have good standing or not - who does decide that? You? The Mods? LFN? Seems a bit exclusive & closed club & that's not my idea of fun. Not sure I want to be part of that. So I won't be there. I can't afford to go to London anyway & work Saturdays, so it's all moot anyway.

However I hope who does go to this has a good time.

No riffraff.

1. If you not have been in attendance for either the previous events then you must be of good standing and having good grace of posting history within this site.

It's WRAPS.

1. I'm riffraff & proud of it, although I have no idea if I have good standing or not - who does decide that? You? The Mods? LFN? Seems a bit exclusive & closed club & that's not my idea of fun. Not sure I want to be part of that. So I won't be there. I can't afford to go to London anyway & work Saturdays, so it's all moot anyway.

Dont drag me into it, Im not organizing it!!

I think RA is being a bit tongue in cheek, Im hardly of good standing but ive been to the last two.

Blimey, even the piss up twins ( Lardy and Lady Grendel ) went to the last one :ph34r:

The last thing it is is a closed or exclusive club!!

Occy, I doubt if you would EVER come. I lost count of the amount of people that really, really wanted to attend but didnt.

You are not alone and its no big deal.

What people become part of is a big piss up, good chat and a bit of a laugh, the only highbrow thing about it would be just above our eyebrows.

PS: Riffraff are hardly likely to be pulling people up on spelling mistakes.......

No riffraff.

It's WRAPS.

Dont drag me into it, Im not organizing it!!

I think RA is being a bit tongue in cheek, Im hardly of good standing but ive been to the last two.

Blimey, even the piss up twins ( Lardy and Lady Grendel ) went to the last one :ph34r:

The last thing it is is a closed or exclusive club!!

Occy, I doubt if you would EVER come. I lost count of the amount of people that really, really wanted to attend but didnt.

You are not alone and its no big deal.

What people become part of is a big piss up, good chat and a bit of a laugh, the only highbrow thing about it would be just above our eyebrows.

PS: Riffraff are hardly likely to be pulling people up on spelling mistakes.......

Au contraire, LFN, au contraire.

If by chance I was able to attend, then I would recommend the-powers-that-be implement an immediate change of date and/or venue, just in case.

I would like to think there'd be no place for scoundrels and rascals like me at an extravaganzas such as these.

I just can't understand this perception of me that I'm some sort of alcy. I think I behaved impeccably at the last meet. I didn't vomit or get arrested, did I? Or did I?.........

No riffraff.

It's WRAPS.

Thanks for the note about my "pore" spelling! - Original post amended.

It's a fun thing! At least it should be, but we just don't want any old riffraff turning up with a sub-machine gun. I've no problems with any half-sane bod turning up, but I'm mindful that some people actually have a tolerance threshold.

I wondered what feedback might ensue with this posting. I had posed the stance to a few people that we keep it much closer this time. But, what with time moving on, I got caught up in a "I've got to get my act together fast" type thing and just using PM to get round to about 100 people, without giving the game away to the sub-machine gun owners was not going to work. Any way, that criteria stuff was mainly in fun, but I do feel those who do attend need to be protected from the nutter brigade. So for the finer points of planning then PM is the only way to go from here on.

OoO you a STAR. If you want to think that you are riffraff, then I've no good reason to tell you otherwise.

Lardy you too are a STAR. Even if you had been sick, I think, that would not have been good cause enough to not ask you again.

PS I've lowered the posting threshold to 50 posts now, because I feel that I really need to show that I'm not being too elitist or prescriptive!

LFN; The staff at Brinsworth House rang me back, confirming Mr O' Sullivan has no prior engagements on any of the days we suggested. It'll be £12.95 per hour if we want him, half that if we're prepared to feed and wash him ourselves.

LOL.

I really thought hard about contacting them!

Really I did!

Glad you plucked up the courage - nice to know the "on-cost" - but I guess it looks like a price that LFN would not be willing to spilt.

Anyone think we should ask along a famous person?

I'd be very happy if this chap came along. Apparently he can be hired for events and does quite a good speech on just about any subject as long as it's strange.

Oh yes: Six, you may not like the content of that link.

I'd be very happy if this chap came along. Apparently he can be hired for events and does quite a good speech on just about any subject as long as it's strange.

I had hoped that "famous" would cover the type of people maybe found on Wiki at least!

Oh, he is on Wiki !!!

Is he cheap?

Don't tell me I'll ask!

PPS I did ask him and he never got back to me! - 29-10-09

I had hoped that "famous" would cover the type of people maybe found on Wiki at least!

Oh, he is on Wiki !!!

Is he cheap?

Don't tell me I'll ask!

I've been to a couple of his gigs, and crossed paths with the man by way of involvement in Fortean events. Rankin truly rocks, one of his best ever scams goes back over twenty years when he got the local television in to do a news report on sightings of a real griffin in Brentford. All bollocks of course, be he kept a straight face when they interviewed him.

Yep, but I'm fairly sure Mr Rankin now resides in Brighton.

Oh, he is on Wiki !!!

Is he cheap?

Don't tell me I'll ask!

I've been to a couple of his gigs, and crossed paths with the man by way of involvement in Fortean events. Rankin truly rocks, one of his best ever scams goes back over twenty years when he got the local television in to do a news report on sightings of a real griffin in Brentford. All bollocks of course, be he kept a straight face when they interviewed him.

I remember that!!

Im sure it made the national press too!!

I suppose if you are going to scam it ought to be the biggest f'uck off scam there is.

Right, the date of the DL Con III is finally sorted and firmly fixed.

But, I'll still be not making it public on the boards, nor will I be listing the exact London venue here.

I'll now be PM'ing this date and chosen venue to those who have previously attended plus a courtesy PM to all other Administration Staff & Moderators.

In addition, and in turn, I'll next be advising the remaining top 80 contributors who have the most posts in quantitative order (that's down to 271 posts or over) (and have been active on the boards since 1st July 2009) of just this fixed date.

If you have had a previous contribution to DeathList forum of between 50 and 270 posts or have not been an active poster and would like to come along please PM me for the finer details.

Guest Guest

But, I'll still be not making it public on the boards, nor will I be listing the exact London venue here.

I'll now be PM'ing this date and chosen venue to those who have previously attended plus a courtesy PM to all other Administration Staff & Moderators.

In addition, and in turn, I'll next be advising the remaining top 80 contributors who have the most posts in quantitative order (that's down to 271 posts or over) (and have been active on the boards in the last 3 months) of just this fixed date.

If you have had a previous contribution to DeathList forum of between 50 and 270 posts or have not been an active poster and would like to come along please PM me for the finer details.

I've made thousands of posts. Can I come?

In addition, and in turn, I'll next be advising the remaining top 80 contributors who have the most posts in quantitative order (that's down to 271 posts or over) (and have been active on the boards in the last 3 months) of just this fixed date.

Only if said poster (I'm half thinking it's DDT) has at least 50 fully signed-on postings. Sorry, but I've got to draw a line somewhere, if only to limit my own time on this pressing key pad thing called a computer. Anyway the whole idea is to have like minded folk at this meeting - not a room full of lurkers or people who can't be bothered to sign-in.

Only if said poster (I'm half thinking it's DDT) has at least 50 fully signed-on postings. Sorry, but I've got to draw a line somewhere, if only to limit my own time on this pressing key pad thing called a computer. Anyway the whole idea is to have like minded folk at this meeting - not a room full of lurkers or people who can't be bothered to sign-in.

Just 50 posts? Or does it have to be 50 'quality' posts.

Given that I have been invited, I'll take it to be the former. ;)

Given that I have been invited, I'll take it to be the former. :angry:

All well and good, Winny, however, i bet you dont turn up....you wuss!!

You could at least travel down to be our bouncer at the door.

Ive heard you are a big lad... ;)

Hay, don't stick your tongue out at me. I still remember that you called me smug some time back.

Yes, go on brag a bit that you have been asked! I just thought of you when I was looking at that place on the short list.

Who said, "no man's an island"? Even you should have to consider every now and then if you want to be at all sociable after loudly saying, "I'm not going".

As for the quality of the posts in question I'm open to the idea that quality can outweigh quantity and open to fair reasoning on such matters - but not very much further. Just these last few months have seen a number of interesting posts from "newbies". Note that Madcow has 42 posts now and all since 28th May 09 - that's a fair posting record. As has "the engineer" on 37 posts since 2 Feb 09.

Which brings me back to my 50-post idea cut-off point. Unless we see these posters leave about a post a day then its a bit like hard work to understand their resondetra and judge their position. Hell, I've fallen for the duff info this last year. Just have to laugh it off.

Hay, don't stick your tongue out at me. I still remember that you called me smug some time back.

Yes, go on brag a bit that you have been asked! I just thought of you when I was looking at that place on the short list.

Who said, "no man's an island"? Even you should have to consider every now and then if you want to be at all sociable after loudly saying, "I'm not going".

As for the quality of the posts in question I'm open to the idea that quality can outweigh quantity and open to fair reasoning on such matters - but not very much further. Just these last few months have seen a number of interesting posts from "newbies". Note that Madcow has 42 posts now and all since 28th May 09 - that's a fair posting record. As has "the engineer" on 37 posts since 2 Feb 09.

Which brings me back to my 50-post idea cut-of point. Unless we see these posters leave about a post a day then its a bit like hard work to understand their resondetra and judge their position. Hell, I've fallen for the duff info this last year. Just have to laugh it off.

What the hell is a resondetra?

I say it should be only those who have made more than 1000 posts. Oh wait - that would remove you, wouldn't it?

Given that I have been invited, I'll take it to be the former. :angry:

Which brings me back to my 50-post idea cut-of point. Unless we see these posters leave about a post a day then its a bit like hard work to understand their resondetra and judge their position. Hell, I've fallen for the duff info this last year. Just have to laugh it off.

I say it should be only those who have made more than 1000 posts. Oh wait - that would remove you, wouldn't it?

700 was the magic number for Godot if I remember correctly.

PS. You are still smug. ;)

Blah blah....

It's how Yorkshire folk speak French. ;)

Blah blah....

It's how Yorkshire folk speak French. ;)

Oh quelle journee du bas de la terre. Je suis tres fatigue demain Vera.

*snip*

PS. You are still smug. ;)

Why, thank you, my dear.