Tempus Fugit

Farrah Fawcett

No, asshat, you've once again gotten it wrong. This site isn't about people who we want or hope will die (well, of course, with some obvious exceptions of truly horrendous people). I don't think many deathlisters are hoping that Patrick Swayze will die, just acknowledging that overall the chances are very likely that he will.

I've said it once before and I'll say it again. It's not that we want them to die - it's that we expect them to.

I've said it once before and I'll say it again. It's not that we want them to die - it's that we expect them to.

...with the sole (current) exception of Goody's protracted lingering.

There were several instances when I was thinking to myself that Swayze was finished, but much to my and the rest of the deathlisters' chagrin, he still pulls through.

No, asshat, you've once again gotten it wrong. This site isn't about people who we want or hope will die (well, of course, with some obvious exceptions of truly horrendous people). I don't think many deathlisters are hoping that Patrick Swayze will die, just acknowledging that overall the chances are very likely that he will. Think of it this way: you can accept and deal with the fact that a family member has a terminal illness and act accordingly, but that doesn't mean you actually want them to die.

Then again, you think Palestinian and Israeli children getting blown to pieces is "great news", so you probably throw a party every time one of your relatives gets cancer.

You're in a vocal minority of asshattery who actually wants the decent folk on this list to die. Don't drag the rest of us down with you; even though he is on my list, it is not at all to my chagrin that he is still alive. I try to ignore most of your scummy comments, but I refuse to be categorized within the same frame of mentality as you.

I don't know whether to be amazed (as a person) or frustrated (as a fellow deathlister) at the two's improbable survival

Yeah, that pretty much sums it up.

C'mon Canadian Paul, tell everybody how you really feel about me? :)

Anyway, I actually don't disagree with the substance of your post. There are some truly horrendous people whom I feel truly deserve to die, like Fidel Castro, Kim Jong il, Robert Mugabe, etc. These people are true scumbags and I would definitely be throwing parties when the likes of Castro, Mugabe, Jong il, etc., die. I actually was trying to contain my laughter when Jerry Falwell died of heart problems.

I don't disagree that Patrick Swayze is a rather decent person with an admittedly likable screen presence. I've read reports from others who claim they met Swayze in person and most describe him as a low key individual with a very likable personality. No, he's not the most talented actor out there nor did he have the most accomplished film career. But he had a very solid run at the box office from 1983 to 1991 as a leading man.

Deep down, as an individual, I do wish him well (despite my scummy superficial comments).

I don't care if you think I'm not being sincere, but honestly, whenever I have the impulse to write scummy comments like I did (whether b/c I'm in a bad mood, etc.), I remind myself that Swayze is for the most part, a decent, hard working person who's just trying to stay strong and positive right now.

There were several instances when I was thinking to myself that Swayze was finished, but much to my and the rest of the deathlisters' chagrin, he still pulls through.

No, asshat, you've once again gotten it wrong. This site isn't about people who we want or hope will die (well, of course, with some obvious exceptions of truly horrendous people). I don't think many deathlisters are hoping that Patrick Swayze will die, just acknowledging that overall the chances are very likely that he will. Think of it this way: you can accept and deal with the fact that a family member has a terminal illness and act accordingly, but that doesn't mean you actually want them to die.

Then again, you think Palestinian and Israeli children getting blown to pieces is "great news", so you probably throw a party every time one of your relatives gets cancer.

You're in a vocal minority of asshattery who actually wants the decent folk on this list to die. Don't drag the rest of us down with you; even though he is on my list, it is not at all to my chagrin that he is still alive. I try to ignore most of your scummy comments, but I refuse to be categorized within the same frame of mentality as you.

I don't know whether to be amazed (as a person) or frustrated (as a fellow deathlister) at the two's improbable survival

Yeah, that pretty much sums it up.

C'mon Canadian Paul, tell everybody how you really feel about me? :)

Anyway, I actually don't disagree with the substance of your post. There are some truly horrendous people whom I feel truly deserve to die, like Fidel Castro, Kim Jong il, Robert Mugabe, etc. These people are true scumbags and I would definitely be throwing parties when the likes of Castro, Mugabe, Jong il, etc., die. I actually was trying to contain my laughter when Jerry Falwell died of heart problems.

I don't disagree that Patrick Swayze is a rather decent person with an admittedly likable screen presence. I've read reports from others who claim they met Swayze in person and most describe him as a low key individual with a very likable personality. No, he's not the most talented actor out there nor did he have the most accomplished film career. But he had a very solid run at the box office from 1983 to 1991 as a leading man.

Deep down, as an individual, I do wish him well (despite my scummy superficial comments).

I don't care if you think I'm not being sincere, but honestly, whenever I have the impulse to write scummy comments like I did (whether b/c I'm in a bad mood, etc.), I remind myself that Swayze is for the most part, a decent, hard working person who's just trying to stay strong and positive right now.

Well, if nothing else comes of this debate, you can all be safe in the knowledge that I will be using the word 'asshat' as frequently as possible from now on.

Well, if nothing else comes of this debate, you can all be safe in the knowledge that I will be using the word 'asshat' as frequently as possible from now on.

Then truly I have accomplished something of value (and only after almost 3750 posts!). In fact, I'm so satisfied, I may never post again just so as not to sully the memory of my deed (kind of like George Costanza's "leaving on a good note"). And if that happened, then I think most people around here would be convinced that you've accomplished something of value. :)

That looks really sarcastic, but it's not. I enjoy the sharing of fun vocabulary words.

Anyhow, I believe he's being sincere so the debate/my interest has waned. As for Farrah, after having missed out of Dai and Jade, I think I definitely must consider her for the next DDP. Depending on how her condition goes, of course, I think she should be considered for the DL as well.

I'm interested in the word "asshat" as I don't find it in the dictionary. Is it a hat worn by a donkey? Is it a hat that someone wears on their own ass? (American spelling; the Brit version would be arsehat) Does it mean that someone wears an ass for a hat on their head? (using either a donkey or a pair of buttocks, this would seem a bit uncomfortable and an unlikely meaning). Maybe you could make a quite nice and normal looking hat from the skin of a donkey or someone's buttocks. Another possibility is that I'm getting this completely wrong. Maybe it's a word that comes to us from a different language and has a meaning I can't even guess at (asshat; from Arabic, pronounced az-at'; denoting a person with little understanding of Death League protocols). Or something else entirely? Any enlightenment you can share will be appreciated. I just love new words.

I'm interested in the word "asshat" as I don't find it in the dictionary. Is it a hat worn by a donkey? Is it a hat that someone wears on their own ass? (American spelling; the Brit version would be arsehat) Does it mean that someone wears an ass for a hat on their head? (using either a donkey or a pair of buttocks, this would seem a bit uncomfortable and an unlikely meaning). Maybe you could make a quite nice and normal looking hat from the skin of a donkey or someone's buttocks. Another possibility is that I'm getting this completely wrong. Maybe it's a word that comes to us from a different language and has a meaning I can't even guess at (asshat; from Arabic, pronounced az-at'; denoting a person with little understanding of Death League protocols). Or something else entirely? Any enlightenment you can share will be appreciated. I just love new words.

Try these -

f**k-knuckle

Wankwad

Flangebuster

Tittymangle

Does anyone else remember Inspector Bumhat? The best 'tec series on TV, starring the debonair Barclay Cornelius Alum.

tvgohome1201-2001.jpg

Not looking good for Farrah...

Farrah Fawcett has been hospitalized and is in bad shape...She has been battling cancer for three years and recently returned from Germany, where she had experimental stem-cell treatment. Sources told RadarOnline.com that she is critical but stable in a Los Angeles-area hospital. They also say she is unconscious and has been hospitalized for days.

Farrah Fawcett has been hospitalized and is in bad shape...She has been battling cancer for three years and recently returned from Germany, where she had experimental stem-cell treatment. Sources told RadarOnline.com that she is critical but stable in a Los Angeles-area hospital. They also say she is unconscious and has been hospitalized for days.

Sounds like within a week. I always liked Charlies Angles.

Oh bugger not another near miss! :unsure:

Sweepstake anyone? (I'm going on holiday so not volunteering!)

Those who are unconscious tend to not last long... save for Sharon. (and he doesn't compare to how long Sunny von Bülow lasted!)

I'll request April 24th please.

I'll request April 24th please.

Unconcious? I'm going for April 11th

I don't think she'll make it to the weekend - April 10th

I don't think she'll make it to the weekend - April 10th

I'm not bothered. She was taken out of my DDP team at the same time Goody was. :unsure:

Uh, guys, I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but this looks to be yet ANOTHER example of a celebrity teasing us with news of "OH no!!!! This celebrity is imminently dying! She's even unconscious!"

But it turns out to be exaggeration from the media, ONCE AGAIN. :unsure:

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20...ss-topheadlines

Apparently, Farrah is hospitalized NOT b/c of her cancer, but b/c of bleeding due to surgery done in Germany. She was NEVER dying in the first place! ;)

Again, I'm sick and tired of these celebrity rags trying to exploit our obsession with moribund celebrities by using attention grabbing headlines like, "EXCLUSIVE! THIS CELEBRITY IS ABOUT TO DIE SOON!" They said that for Patrick Swayze, Michael Jackson, and now Farrah Fawcett!

I hate these f&^%ing tabloid rags. They try to tease us with exclusive coverage of, ""THIS CELEBRITY IS ABOUT TO DIE SOON!" when it turns out the celebrity was hospitalized for a relatively minor procedure.

Uh, guys, I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but this looks to be yet ANOTHER example of a celebrity teasing us with news of "OH no!!!! This celebrity is imminently dying! She's even unconscious!"

But it turns out to be exaggeration from the media, ONCE AGAIN. :unsure:

Apparently, Farrah is hospitalized NOT b/c of her cancer, but b/c of bleeding due to surgery done in Germany. She was NEVER dying in the first place! ;)

Again, I'm sick and tired of these celebrity rags trying to exploit our obsession with moribund celebrities by using attention grabbing headlines like, "EXCLUSIVE! THIS CELEBRITY IS ABOUT TO DIE SOON!" They said that for Patrick Swayze, Michael Jackson, and now Farrah Fawcett!

I hate these f&^%ing tabloid rags. They try to tease us with exclusive coverage of, ""THIS CELEBRITY IS ABOUT TO DIE SOON!" when it turns out the celebrity was hospitalized for a relatively minor procedure.

I still think that she will not make 2010.

But it turns out to be exaggeration from the media, ONCE AGAIN. :sicktherm:

Apparently, Farrah is hospitalized NOT b/c of her cancer, but b/c of bleeding due to surgery done in Germany. She was NEVER dying in the first place! :blink:

2.gif Is there no end to your tedious blather? Next time you post, please give us all a break and try to leave out the word "I".

Numerous gossipy sites are reporting that Farrah Fawcett's cancer has spread to her liver, which isn't exactly breaking news (see post made in Feb 2008 on this thread)

Her drug addled son Redmond is in the news as well, he's been arrested for possession again.

Guest You Sick Freak

But it turns out to be exaggeration from the media, ONCE AGAIN. :(

Apparently, Farrah is hospitalized NOT b/c of her cancer, but b/c of bleeding due to surgery done in Germany. She was NEVER dying in the first place! :banghead:

The reason why these "tabloid rags" like to publish stories exaggerating a celebrity's "imminent demise" is b/c sick f*cks like you feed into this garbage. If you sick f*cks weren't so obsessed with when the next great celebrity is gonna die, these tabloid rags wouldn't post this garbage. Get a f*cking life and stop obsessing over when the next celebrity will die. If everybody did this, tabloid rags wouldn't publish front page cover stories of Patrick Swayze and Farrah Fawcett in "gravely ill" or "critical condition" situations. You sick motherf*ckers buy this garbage -- that's why they keep publishing stories "overhyping" a celebrity's "imminent demise within hours/days."