Tempus Fugit

Farrah Fawcett

Farewell Farrah. A true Seventies icon gone :crossbone:

Sad, sad news. She was the best of the best at what she did, a real pure person at heart as well. The first person to have died this year that I'll truly miss....

Bugger, that's the third in my personal DDP list of the missed to go with Patrick McGoohan and John Mortimer... :crossbone:

Probably best that she went, that cancer must have been a real pain in the a s s.

I agree, she's the first one of this year I'll truly miss also. Growin' up in the 70's - 80's, she was the main character in MANY a dream...Man, was she HOT!!! Nothing finer at the time(Goldie Hawn was a little later if I remember correctly). Farrah, you still sneak in a dream now and then...Farewell Angel :ghost:

I'm sad that Farrah Fawcett has died and no one is paying any attention because of Mickey J. It's just like that time when Mother Theresa died, and then the Pope went and stole her thunder. Rubbish.

Bye, Farrah... my first DDP hit of the year...

I'm sad that Farrah Fawcett has died and no one is paying any attention because of Mickey J. It's just like that time when Mother Theresa died, and then the Pope went and stole her thunder. Rubbish.

I know Diana was depicted as a saintly figure, but I had no idea that they made her Pope.

Besides, Mother Theresa was a cow.

I know Diana was depicted as a saintly figure, but I had no idea that they made her Pope.

Meh, whatever. I stand by my somewhat incorrect point.

Yep. Totally agree ie+ (welcome back BTW, yay!) Shame for such an icon to slip away unheralded just because Wacko did on the same day.

I'm sad that Farrah Fawcett has died and no one is paying any attention because of Mickey J. ... Rubbish.

What she said.

Congrats on the DDP hit though, ie+. While you're down there, could you pick me some of that low-hanging fruit? :ghost:

Do I have to devote my life to: God, helping others, chastity, poverty and obedience to be known as a BULL :ghost: ?

S C R E W Jacko, Do u think Farrah will have top billing in the papers now?? Or will Plastic man Prevail? I'm gonna make a poll...

Sad that she has now gone, but I've added to my Rotten.com deadpool score.

The bad news is Farrah's gone.

The good news is I offically got my first entry! But I feel dirty saying that b/c she was a genuinely likable person.

But I am genuinely sad for her loss. Though I still have issues with her common law husband, Ryan O'Neal. The tragedy of Farrah Fawcett besides her cancer obviously was that I felt her common law husband really dragged her down. Why couldn't he get cancer instead?

We will miss you, Farrah. God has called back one of his favorite Angels.

In a way though, I'm happy she's dead. Not b/c I wanted her to die, but b/c the pain and suffering she endured is over and she can live peacefully amongst the Angels.

Hello ie+ and SC, is this like the second coming? We've been missing you!

The good news is I offically got my first entry! But I feel dirty saying that b/c she was a genuinely likable person.

But I am genuinely sad for her loss. Though I still have issues with her common law husband, Ryan O'Neal. The tragedy of Farrah Fawcett besides her cancer obviously was that I felt her common law husband really dragged her down. Why couldn't he get cancer instead?

In a way though, I'm happy she's dead. Not b/c I wanted her to die, but b/c the pain and suffering she endured is over and she can live peacefully amongst the Angels.

You really are a hypocritical little sh*t, aren't you? You've been spending most of the last 6 months going "come on, why isn't she dead" "hurry up & die" "my life is terrible because people don't die" etc etc. And now you're being all weepy weep.

In fact I think I remember you saying that Fawcett's cancer was all bullshit anyway by the media.

I agree your sentiments now, don't get me wrong, it's just the sheer hypocrisy of you I can't stand.

Fawcett tv-specials are more popular as the Jackson specials

http://www.showbizdata.com/news/49752/FARR...HE-JACKSON-ONES

Possibly because she was a television icon as opposed to a pop music icon and also that Jackson's popularity took a nosedive after the child allegations,

particularly the trial a few years ago.

It would be fair to say that Jacko is more popular worldwide than he is in his own country. He's still very popular here in Britain and I suspect his

albums and singles (thanks to the wonders of iPods) will start to get into the charts again, just as they did with Elvis and Lennon previously when they died.

She was rather frightening in Logan's Runyon (the unknown sequel to Logan's Run based on the unknown chef of Damon Runyon and his relationship to the Aga Khan).

I will try to miss her but didn't follow her carreer too much. Hope she's at peace now.

You really are a hypocritical little sh*t, aren't you? You've been spending most of the last 6 months going "come on, why isn't she dead" "hurry up & die" "my life is terrible because people don't die" etc etc. And now you're being all weepy weep.

In fact I think I remember you saying that Fawcett's cancer was all bullshit anyway by the media.

I agree your sentiments now, don't get me wrong, it's just the sheer hypocrisy of you I can't stand.

Honestly, those comments were made b/c of my animosity towards Ryan O'Neal. I couldn't stand him more than anything else. I still felt that he exploited her to an extent. Maybe it's not true after all, but that's the vibe I felt from him.

I do admit I regret some of those comments I said about Farrah earlier, but it was honestly more towards Ryan O'Neal than anything else.

Guest Bâillement
bagpuss.jpg

I still have issues with her common law husband, Ryan O'Neal. The tragedy of Farrah Fawcett besides her cancer obviously was that I felt her common law husband really dragged her down. Why couldn't he get cancer instead?

Maybe his leukaemia will flare up again to please you. :)

Anyway, why haven't you been banned?

Farrah's partner Ryan O'Neal, who has previously beaten leukemia, has announced that he is suffering from stage IV prostate cancer...

He says he's glad to have 'caught it early' - either the the media's reporting the wrong diagnosis or his doctor hasn't explained to him exactly what stage IV entails...

Edit: It's just me who's misinformed...prostate cancer is staged from 1-10 rather than 1-4 so he's much more likely to be cured than it seems

On 26/10/2006 at 11:15, maryportfuncity said:

Says on that wiki page he had a knee replacement and single heart bypass in 2003 but for a guy pushing seventy he doesn't seem to be in any serious danger of death anytime soon.

Good call. I was checking Lee Majors recent personal history out of curiosity as today is listed as his birthday and there are no notable or listed significant changes in his health since he had surgery in 2003.

A contender for future lists for sure even for the official deathlist but at the moment all there seems to be said about Lee Majors is :birthday: 79 today (with a decent expectation of reaching the big 80). 

A devilishly handsome guy but a bit on the sexist side going by past stories!