Tempus Fugit

Farrah Fawcett

i thought once it gets in ur intense pretty much over guess not..

60th birthday present: clean bill of health.

And Ryan O'Neal with a gun!

He was indeed arrested for discharging a firearm and brawling with his son at Farrah's 60th birthday/cancer free party.

Poor Farrah, with friends like Ryan O'Neal who needs enemies? He re-appears in her life when she is diagnosed, lets slip to the media the precise and delicate nature of her illness and then goes beserk when she is eventually cured of the disease.

It's not looking good for Farrah. :)

(Mind you the source is The National Enquirer, so treat with caution)

Farrah Fawcett is going to sue The National Enquirer.

The spokesman said such headlines as "Farrah Begs: Let Me Die" can only "be regarded as knowingly false and purposefully malicious."

It's not looking good for Farrah. :)

(Mind you the source is The National Enquirer, so treat with caution)

Farrah Fawcett is going to sue The National Enquirer.

The spokesman said such headlines as "Farrah Begs: Let Me Die" can only "be regarded as knowingly false and purposefully malicious."

The National Enquirer with a false headline, that'll be a first :referee::referee:

A query for our American readers:

Has the National Enquirer been sued like this before? Just makes me think, like. If they had to go under oath and answer questions about how much of it they make up..........would be interesting.

Has the National Enquirer been sued like this before? Just makes me think, like. If they had to go under oath and answer questions about how much of it they make up..........would be interesting.

Yes, they were successfully sued by the pilot of the "WW2 Bomber Found on the Moon", which was subsequently proved to have been located on Mars.

Google is your friend MPFC. They usually settle out of court and/or say that they heard it "from a source" that usually ends up being protected.

Google is your friend MPFC. They usually settle out of court and/or say that they heard it "from a source" that usually ends up being protected.

Clever but hardly foolproof, it's cynicism pure and simple, probably safe given the mercenary nature of most celebs. They're in serious trouble in the unlikely event that they slander a celeb with integrity who decides to prove the point in court. Could be seen - almost - as a class action that would open the floodgates for everyone else they ever slandered to grab a 'no win, no fee' shark and put the NE out of business, or summat.

Clever but hardly foolproof, it's cynicism pure and simple, probably safe given the mercenary nature of most celebs. They're in serious trouble in the unlikely event that they slander a celeb with integrity who decides to prove the point in court. Could be seen - almost - as a class action that would open the floodgates for everyone else they ever slandered to grab a 'no win, no fee' shark and put the NE out of business, or summat.

Libel laws in the US require not only false facts but proof that the publication acted with malice. It's pretty difficult to win a libel case in the US and most people aren't willing to put the effort into it for the unreliable result. It's pretty hard to prove malice.

Carol Burnett was one of the few celebrities who ever successfully sued the National Enquirer.

Farrah Fawcett is off to Germany to seek "alternative therapies" to treat her cancer.

She is allegedly having experimental stem cell therapy at the same clinic that treated Roy Horn (Siegfried and Roy) after he was mauled by a tiger. :crossbone:

I reckon she's in serious trouble if she can't find a cure for her ills in America.

Yeah, but if she's well enough to go there she's probably well enough to last until Jan 1st!

Farrah Fawcett believes she has been cured of cancer by "miracle treatment" she received in Germany...

Farrah Fawcett believes she has been cured of cancer by "miracle treatment" she received in Germany...

:lol:

Joker for '08

:lol:

Joker for '08

:unsure:

Harsh, but of course fair!

There's a piece in today's The Sun tabloid newspaper in the UK saying she's off to Germany for the third time for stem cell cancer treatment, as she is "hoping for life saving cancer treatment" after a US magazine (probably the National enquirer) suggested her cancer had "spread dramatically".

Sounds like she can't shake it off so could be an outside bet for 2008.

Well, with one 70s icon biting the dust (Knievel), she would probably be the next candidate.... :birthday2:

Unless of course 70s icon Clive Dunn beats her to it.

There's a piece in today's The Sun tabloid newspaper in the UK saying she's off to Germany for the third time for stem cell cancer treatment, as she is "hoping for life saving cancer treatment" after a US magazine (probably the National enquirer) suggested her cancer had "spread dramatically".

Sounds like she can't shake it off so could be an outside bet for 2008.

It's a load of arse apparently.

The source also said Farrah "will not be manipulated into denying untrue reports by the tabloids in order for them to eventually make her reveal the truth through process of elimination. She will share her story with the world when she has enough distance and hindsight to do so. In the meantime, she is keeping track of her entire journey for a documentary, which she believes will inspire, educate and ultimately save lives."

Hindsight. Love it.

Farrah Fawcett's friend, Cher, has said that she is now cancer free. I wouldn't be so sure, if her original cancer has metastasized and caused secondary tumors on her liver (if you believe the National Enquirer), then her prognosis is probably quite poor.

The "cancer free" declarations aren't always true. I remember a while back when Benny Parsons (Nascar driver) made the same announcement and shortly thereafter died of lung cancer. It's almost like when baseball managers get a "vote of confidence" from their general managers. Often it's just a prelude to the end.