29 replies to this topic

#1 Lady Die

Lady Die

I have no life

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2651 posts

Posted 13 October 2006 - 10:08 AM

John Forsythe (Blake Carrington in Dynasty and the voice of Charlie in Charlie's Angels) is being treated for colon cancer.
There were three of us in the morgue so it was rather crowded

#2 Drive-by Flatterer

Drive-by Flatterer

Hatchet man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 13 October 2006 - 10:54 AM

John Forsythe (Blake Carrington in Dynasty and the voice of Charlie in Charlie's Angels) is being treated for colon cancer.

If this is the end for John, I hope for his sake, on his death bed, he can reflect and smile that he managed to shag or at least attempted some sort of sexual conduct with Pamala Sue Martin and/or Joan Collins off set.

#3 Dr Hackenslash

Dr Hackenslash

Assassin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 823 posts

Posted 13 October 2006 - 11:38 AM

From http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/e

Dynasty star treated for cancer

John Forsythe, the former Dynasty star and voice of Charlie in the Charlie's Angels TV series and films, has been treated for colon cancer.

The 88-year-old actor's spokesman Harlan Boll said he was treated at a Los Angeles hospital after being diagnosed with cancer last month.

"He seems to be in good spirits. They hope to have him home this weekend," said Mr Boll.

Forsythe played Blake Carrington in the popular US soap from 1981-9.

He earned three Emmy nominations for his performance, but never won.

In an acting career that began in the 1940s, he also appeared in the Alfred Hitchcock films The Trouble With Harry and Topaz.

#4 BrunoBrimley

BrunoBrimley

I REALLY Need To Get A Life!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2356 posts

Posted 13 October 2006 - 07:40 PM

John Forsythe, the former Dynasty star and voice of Charlie in the Charlie's Angels TV series and films, has been treated for colon cancer.

The 88-year-old actor's spokesman Harlan Boll said he was treated at a Los Angeles hospital after being diagnosed with cancer last month.

"He seems to be in good spirits. They hope to have him home this weekend ," said Mr Boll.

In an acting career that began in the 1940s, he also appeared in the Alfred Hitchcock films The Trouble With Harry and Topaz.

That's usually the kiss of death.

I used to have cats named Topaz and Harry.

#5 Rotten Ali

Rotten Ali

Value for money

• Members
  • 2849 posts

Posted 14 October 2006 - 09:21 AM

He is old but to my understanding this is his first serious condition. Colon cancer is not that serious so he is still not a fair candidate for next year at this stage. His numbers are still about the 60.55 mark and I guess good bets start in the hundred plus range.
She Saw it Coming ... 
Ayatollah Ali Khamenei, ExPope Benedict XVI, Chuck Blazer, Tony Booth, Ian Brady, George HW Bush, Glen Campbell, Lord Carrington, Errol Christie, Sean Connery, Tim Curry, Liz Dawn, Ed Doolan, Kirk Douglas, Doug Ellis, Harlan Ellison, Ruth Bader Ginsburg, Rev Billy Graham, Jimmy Greaves, Hubert Green, Valerie Harper, Olivia deHavilland, Stephen Hawking, Clare Hollingworth, John Hurt, Bill Kenwright, Val Kilmer, Helmut Kohl, Lee Kun-hee (Samsung), Penny Marshall, John McVie, King Michael 1st of Romania, Frank Miller, Mary Tyler Moore, Robert Mugabe, Jim Nabors, Leslie Phillips, Sumner Redstone, Little Richard, Fernando Ricksen, Nick Robinson, David Rockafeller, Peter Sallis, Ian St John, Nobby Styles, Murray Walker, Joost van der Westhuizen, John Wetton, Gunther von Hagens & Jiang Zemin. 1/50.

#6 Windsor

Windsor

LFN Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6518 posts

Posted 14 October 2006 - 09:44 AM

His numbers are still about the 60.55 mark and I guess good bets start in the hundred plus range.

Good for him...

Shadow List 2017

Leah Bracknell, Sir Bruce Forsyth, Buzz Aldrin, Greg Gilbert, Jim Bowen, Billy Graham, Clive James, Glen Campbell, Robert Mugabe, Steve Sumner, Liz Dawn, Donald J. Trump, Olivia de Havilland, Jimmy Snuka, Richard Wilson, Sean Connery, Gerald Kaufman, Pruella Scales, Stephen Hawking, Desmond Tutu, Mario Soares, Duke of Edinburgh, George H. W. Bush, Dick van Dyke, Henry Kissinger, Gordon Banks, Paul Gascoigne, Lady Saltoun of Abernethy, Ian Brady, Valerie Harper, Lord Snowdon, Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi, King Michael of Romania, Stuart Hall, Eileen Derbyshire, Leslie Phillips, Keith Richards, Hosni Mubarak, Jalal Talabani, Grand Duke Jean, Dame Vera Lynn, Rolf Harris, John Williams, Giorgio Napolitano, Pope Benedict XVI, Jimmy Grieves, Bob Dole, Peter Sallis, Hugh Hefner, Kirk Douglas.​

2009: 13/50, 2010: 10/50, 2011: 9/50, 2012: 15/50, 2013:16/50, 2014: 10/50, 2015: 7/50, 2016: 10/50, 2017: 3/50.

#7 Octopus of Odstock

Octopus of Odstock

Post twunt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3844 posts

Posted 14 October 2006 - 10:08 AM

He is old but to my understanding this is his first serious condition. Colon cancer is not that serious so he is still not a fair candidate for next year at this stage. His numbers are still about the 60.55 mark and I guess good bets start in the hundred plus range.

Your understanding is wrong.

Following heart problems, Forsythe underwent quadruple bypass surgery in 1979. Also, Forsythe has not smoked since 1982, when he quit following advice from a physician that he was at strong risk of emphysema.

As for colon cancer "Not being that serious", tell the families of these guys or this fellow or thousands & thousands others.

Yep, I can imagine Forsythe was chuckling away when he got the diagnosis as it's "not that serious". :)

#8 themaninblack

themaninblack

Pun Plunderer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7464 posts

Posted 14 October 2006 - 03:05 PM

Either, I hope he makes it to '07 as he' not on my '06 list.

Imagine though - Spelling, Forsythe and then Fawcett..

"I must have killed more men than Cecil B. DeMille."

Gene Wilder (1933-2016) as "the Waco Kid", Blazing Saddles (1974)

#9 CarolAnn

CarolAnn

What's the character limit?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1849 posts

Posted 14 October 2006 - 05:13 PM

According to the American Cancer Society:

"The 5-year survival rate is 90% for people whose colon cancer is found and treated at an early stage, before it has spread. But because many people are not being tested, only 39% of colon cancers are found at that early stage. Once the cancer has spread to nearby organs or lymph nodes, the 5-year survival rate goes down to 68%. For people whose colon cancer has spread to distant parts of the body, such as the liver or lungs, the 5-year survival rate is about 10%."

Either way, I think I'll be just fine without it.
Whenever I feel blue, I start breathing again.

#10 Rotten Ali

Rotten Ali

Value for money

• Members
  • 2849 posts

Posted 15 October 2006 - 01:07 PM

CarolAnn Posted Yesterday, 06:13 PM

"The 5-year survival rate is 90% for people whose colon cancer is found and treated at an early stage, before it has spread. But because many people are not being tested, only 39% of colon cancers are found at that early stage. Once the cancer has spread to nearby organs or lymph nodes, the 5-year survival rate goes down to 68%. For people whose colon cancer has spread to distant parts of the body, such as the liver or lungs, the 5-year survival rate is about 10%."

Thanks to OoO with those other facts too. His figure moves to 80.55 - still short of the hundred. My mum has had loads of these colon cancer things removed over the last 25 years so thats why I mark it as not serious. In the mid 1950's her dad left it so late to tell the doctors that he was having problems he only lasted 5 weeks in hospital after diagnosis. Any one know how bad it is for John?
She Saw it Coming ... 
Ayatollah Ali Khamenei, ExPope Benedict XVI, Chuck Blazer, Tony Booth, Ian Brady, George HW Bush, Glen Campbell, Lord Carrington, Errol Christie, Sean Connery, Tim Curry, Liz Dawn, Ed Doolan, Kirk Douglas, Doug Ellis, Harlan Ellison, Ruth Bader Ginsburg, Rev Billy Graham, Jimmy Greaves, Hubert Green, Valerie Harper, Olivia deHavilland, Stephen Hawking, Clare Hollingworth, John Hurt, Bill Kenwright, Val Kilmer, Helmut Kohl, Lee Kun-hee (Samsung), Penny Marshall, John McVie, King Michael 1st of Romania, Frank Miller, Mary Tyler Moore, Robert Mugabe, Jim Nabors, Leslie Phillips, Sumner Redstone, Little Richard, Fernando Ricksen, Nick Robinson, David Rockafeller, Peter Sallis, Ian St John, Nobby Styles, Murray Walker, Joost van der Westhuizen, John Wetton, Gunther von Hagens & Jiang Zemin. 1/50.

#11 Octopus of Odstock

Octopus of Odstock

Post twunt

• Members
  • 3844 posts

Posted 25 November 2006 - 12:39 AM

Latest on Forsythe:
out of hospital, into rehab facility & hopes to be home for Christmas.
So, goody gumdrops. But he was in hospital far longer than hoped so maybe not out of the woods yet?

#12 Grim_Rita

Grim_Rita

Bomber

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 236 posts

Posted 25 November 2006 - 02:26 AM

Can anybody confirm he also suffered a stroke recently? I can't find any reports of it but I'm sure he did as I added him to my list in June which was obviously before he was diagnosed with cancer.

#13 Rebecca de Winter

Rebecca de Winter

Shipman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 329 posts

Posted 25 November 2006 - 09:26 AM

Hope you make it to 100, John!

#14 BrunoBrimley

BrunoBrimley

• Members
  • 2356 posts

Posted 30 January 2007 - 12:43 AM

Happy 89th Birthday today to Johnny Forsythe born this day in 1918 he is now officially 89.......

#15 Banshees Scream

Banshees Scream

Dwarf tosser

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5538 posts

Posted 30 January 2007 - 02:00 AM

Eighty nine years old and with cancer should do the trick. :party:

#16 Black Scythe

Black Scythe

Morbid interest

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 11 February 2007 - 12:30 AM

He never did anything remotely dangerous on Dynasty, unlike Linda Evans, who kissed Rock Hudson.

#17 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 February 2007 - 05:11 PM

yeah mate but the guys 88 so he might not have another 5 years in him even withuot the cancer!

#18 BrunoBrimley

BrunoBrimley

• Members
  • 2356 posts

Posted 17 February 2007 - 11:06 PM

He never did anything remotely dangerous on Dynasty, unlike Linda Evans, who kissed Rock Hudson.

Please! Are you forgetting how he tongued Linda Evans after Roy Fitzwhat'shisname (a.k.a. Rocko Hudson) had finished lip locking her? Not to mention the amount of abuse he took when Joan Collins and Linda Evans kept knocking into him with those hideous shoulder pads (how did anyone think thye were fashionable?)

Keep alive Johnny.....at least until December 31 of this year.

#19 Black Scythe

Black Scythe

Morbid interest

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 06 March 2007 - 08:24 PM

Please! Are you forgetting how he tongued Linda Evans after Roy Fitzwhat'shisname (a.k.a. Rocko Hudson) had finished lip locking her? Not to mention the amount of abuse he took when Joan Collins and Linda Evans kept knocking into him with those hideous shoulder pads (how did anyone think thye were fashionable?)

Keep alive Johnny.....at least until December 31 of this year.

That's a fair point.
Come to think of it, that staircase at the mansion wouldn't pass health and safety legislation nowadays, especially after a few bourbons and a fight with someone from the Colby clan on the top stair.

#20 Octopus of Odstock

Octopus of Odstock

Post twunt

• Members
  • 3844 posts

Posted 20 March 2007 - 07:04 PM

Clear of Cancer but has a few minor health scares.

Looks like he might make 90, now, but after that? Not so sure - all these health scares can't help. Mind the man did beat cancer at 88 - that takes some doing.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users