Sign in to follow this  
Lady Die

John Forsythe

John Forsythe (Blake Carrington in Dynasty and the voice of Charlie in Charlie's Angels) is being treated for colon cancer.

John Forsythe (Blake Carrington in Dynasty and the voice of Charlie in Charlie's Angels) is being treated for colon cancer.

If this is the end for John, I hope for his sake, on his death bed, he can reflect and smile that he managed to shag or at least attempted some sort of sexual conduct with Pamala Sue Martin and/or Joan Collins off set.

From http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/e

Dynasty star treated for cancer

John Forsythe, the former Dynasty star and voice of Charlie in the Charlie's Angels TV series and films, has been treated for colon cancer.

The 88-year-old actor's spokesman Harlan Boll said he was treated at a Los Angeles hospital after being diagnosed with cancer last month.

"He seems to be in good spirits. They hope to have him home this weekend," said Mr Boll.

Forsythe played Blake Carrington in the popular US soap from 1981-9.

He earned three Emmy nominations for his performance, but never won.

In an acting career that began in the 1940s, he also appeared in the Alfred Hitchcock films The Trouble With Harry and Topaz.

John Forsythe, the former Dynasty star and voice of Charlie in the Charlie's Angels TV series and films, has been treated for colon cancer.

The 88-year-old actor's spokesman Harlan Boll said he was treated at a Los Angeles hospital after being diagnosed with cancer last month.

"He seems to be in good spirits. They hope to have him home this weekend ," said Mr Boll.

In an acting career that began in the 1940s, he also appeared in the Alfred Hitchcock films The Trouble With Harry and Topaz.

That's usually the kiss of death.

I used to have cats named Topaz and Harry.

He is old but to my understanding this is his first serious condition. Colon cancer is not that serious so he is still not a fair candidate for next year at this stage. His numbers are still about the 60.55 mark and I guess good bets start in the hundred plus range.

His numbers are still about the 60.55 mark and I guess good bets start in the hundred plus range.

Good for him...

He is old but to my understanding this is his first serious condition. Colon cancer is not that serious so he is still not a fair candidate for next year at this stage. His numbers are still about the 60.55 mark and I guess good bets start in the hundred plus range.

Your understanding is wrong.

Following heart problems, Forsythe underwent quadruple bypass surgery in 1979. Also, Forsythe has not smoked since 1982, when he quit following advice from a physician that he was at strong risk of emphysema.

As for colon cancer "Not being that serious", tell the families of these guys or this fellow or thousands & thousands others.

Yep, I can imagine Forsythe was chuckling away when he got the diagnosis as it's "not that serious". :)

Either, I hope he makes it to '07 as he' not on my '06 list.

Imagine though - Spelling, Forsythe and then Fawcett..

According to the American Cancer Society:

"The 5-year survival rate is 90% for people whose colon cancer is found and treated at an early stage, before it has spread. But because many people are not being tested, only 39% of colon cancers are found at that early stage. Once the cancer has spread to nearby organs or lymph nodes, the 5-year survival rate goes down to 68%. For people whose colon cancer has spread to distant parts of the body, such as the liver or lungs, the 5-year survival rate is about 10%."

Either way, I think I'll be just fine without it.

CarolAnn Posted Yesterday, 06:13 PM

"The 5-year survival rate is 90% for people whose colon cancer is found and treated at an early stage, before it has spread. But because many people are not being tested, only 39% of colon cancers are found at that early stage. Once the cancer has spread to nearby organs or lymph nodes, the 5-year survival rate goes down to 68%. For people whose colon cancer has spread to distant parts of the body, such as the liver or lungs, the 5-year survival rate is about 10%."

Thanks to OoO with those other facts too. His figure moves to 80.55 - still short of the hundred. My mum has had loads of these colon cancer things removed over the last 25 years so thats why I mark it as not serious. In the mid 1950's her dad left it so late to tell the doctors that he was having problems he only lasted 5 weeks in hospital after diagnosis. Any one know how bad it is for John?

Can anybody confirm he also suffered a stroke recently? I can't find any reports of it but I'm sure he did as I added him to my list in June which was obviously before he was diagnosed with cancer.

Happy 89th Birthday today to Johnny Forsythe born this day in 1918 he is now officially 89.......

Guest Guest

yeah mate but the guys 88 so he might not have another 5 years in him even withuot the cancer!

He never did anything remotely dangerous on Dynasty, unlike Linda Evans, who kissed Rock Hudson.

Please! Are you forgetting how he tongued Linda Evans after Roy Fitzwhat'shisname (a.k.a. Rocko Hudson) had finished lip locking her? Not to mention the amount of abuse he took when Joan Collins and Linda Evans kept knocking into him with those hideous shoulder pads (how did anyone think thye were fashionable?)

Keep alive Johnny.....at least until December 31 of this year.

He never did anything remotely dangerous on Dynasty, unlike Linda Evans, who kissed Rock Hudson.

Please! Are you forgetting how he tongued Linda Evans after Roy Fitzwhat'shisname (a.k.a. Rocko Hudson) had finished lip locking her? Not to mention the amount of abuse he took when Joan Collins and Linda Evans kept knocking into him with those hideous shoulder pads (how did anyone think thye were fashionable?)

Keep alive Johnny.....at least until December 31 of this year.

That's a fair point.

Come to think of it, that staircase at the mansion wouldn't pass health and safety legislation nowadays, especially after a few bourbons and a fight with someone from the Colby clan on the top stair.

I'm kind of doubting that Mr. Forsythe should be placed on next year's list if his health is improving.

http://www.etonline.com/news/2009/05/74493/index.html

missed this:-

"In an ET exclusive, John Forsythe sends his best wishes to his "Charlie's Angels" co-star Farrah Fawcett, who is battling cancer.

"Though I did not know her well, Farrah left an indelible mark on me and the public during her one-year reign on "Charlie's Angels." She is putting up a gallant fight against this unforgiving disease and I send her my hope and prayers for a remission and a continued life, full of love and joy."

Posted May 21, 2009 10:39:00 AM"

However, this article was still using pictures from 3 years ago!!!

This is big news - 17 teams on the DDP - but what a miss for the rest.