Sign in to follow this  
DevonDeathTrip

A Tale Of Two Guineas

As it seems the dramatic show down of death for Teodoro Obiang Nguema is just as overated as it gets.

President Lansana Conte's spokesman has been forced to announce that he is not dead, following rumours about his deteriorating health. The linked article was written by the finely named Theophilus O'Donkor.

:mellow:

Every time I see this thread, I think "its" happened to one of them!

NO LUCK TODAY

I just want more points!

<---- p.s. my 500th post

Not sure I'm with you here RA. Obiang is the President of Equatorial Guinea and Conte is the President of Guinea-Bissau, more commonly referred to as just Guinea, hence the "two Guineas" tag.

DDT, I suggest you brush up on your geography.

Guinea, Guinea-Bissau and Equatorial Guinea are three separate countries.

Guinea-Bissau is most certainly NOT referred to as "just" Guinea.

Conte is the leader of Guinea, Joao Bernando Vieria, who looks well, is the leader of Guinea-Bissau.

Just to clarify - Lansana Conte (if he isn't actually already dead) is President of the Republic of Guinea, otherwise known as Guinea Conakry. The last time he was reported dead, in 2002, he was forced to make a public appearance in person to quash the rumours. This time he seems to be relying on a government spokesperson - or maybe the rumours are actually true, which is why nooone has actually seen him alive recently? If he isn't actually dead yet, most rightthinking Guineans hope he soon will be. For around 10 years now he's had leukaemia and diabetes, its high time he joined the 2009 list or maybe there's still time to include him for 2008? :angry:

President Lansana Conte's spokesman has been forced to announce that he is not dead, following rumours about his deteriorating health. The linked article was written by the finely named Theophilus O'Donkor.

That seems to have changed now. Conte is done.

Oh, and OoO, you'd better believe he's already got his beeb obit. :unsure:

Lansana's gone off...

Lansana's gone off...

Conte's gone off leaving chaos and confusion behind him. A Captain Camara now claims to have taken over from the puppets Conte left in power. No doubt Henriette (the most unscrupulous of the wives) has fled by now to Paris with her ill gotten gains. :)

<----- points, points, points, points, points!

Ousmane Conte, the eldest son of Guinea's late dictator, has been arrested on drug trafficking charges and confessed to his crimes on national TV.

Mr Conte appeared unwell and was shown lying on a bed, hooked up to an intravenous drip. He said he was sick, although no details of his illness were given.

A doctor treating Mr Conte told state TV: "He is not in a good state."

Not sure I'm with you here RA. Obiang is the President of Equatorial Guinea and Conte is the President of Guinea-Bissau, more commonly referred to as just Guinea, hence the "two Guineas" tag.

DDT, I suggest you brush up on your geography.

Guinea, Guinea-Bissau and Equatorial Guinea are three separate countries.

Guinea-Bissau is most certainly NOT referred to as "just" Guinea.

Conte is the leader of Guinea, Joao Bernando Vieria, who looks well, is the leader of Guinea-Bissau.

Vieira's not looking so well anymore.

A tale of three Guineas, indeed. If we get any health updates on Sir Michael Somare, should we put them in here too?

Guest Guest
Luis Cabral Guinea-Bissau's first post independence president has died.

Oh not again......

Guest Guest

Oh not again......

In my defence, I did check. In the GUINEA thread. :P

Guinean President Lansana Conte's successor Capt Moussa Dadis Camara has been shot and injured by one of his own aides.

Meanwhile Equatorial Guinea's Teodoro Obiang Nguema has secured yet another term in office, admirably securing 95.4% of the popular vote...

Meanwhile Equatorial Guinea's Teodoro Obiang Nguema has secured yet another term in office, admirably securing 95.4% of the popular vote...

That reminds me of elections in the now defunct Soviet Union, where executives were 'elected' in polls in which only the decimals behind 99% of the electorate were significant.

regards,

Hein

On 27/02/2009 at 00:37, DevonDeathTrip said:

Ousmane Conte, the eldest son of Guinea's late dictator, has been arrested on drug trafficking charges and confessed to his crimes on national TV.

According to many news sites and wikipedia, Ousmane Conte died in March 2020.

https://www.africaguinee.com/articles/2020/03/25/page-noire-ousmane-conte-est-mort