Sign in to follow this  
Guest Guest

Ross Davidson

Candiebar's post demonstrates how mainstream this site is becoming. I've been wondering about the funeral tunes her husband will be playing. Odds on Amazing Grace. Not sure what Hollyoaks and Eastenders will sound like on a set of bagpipes.

Surely, it would have to be the lilting skirl of 'Take the High Road'.

Soap titles

Bottom of the page, natch.

Well that's an entry off my DDP for next year. You'd though he'd hang on. That's another ass I'll be kicking when I get up top. :pop:

Actually, I'll own up now & say I used to watch Hollyoaks around the time Ross was in it. Likewise, EastEnders, back in the early days.

Atlhough this is a DDP hit for me, and they've been rare this year, I've actually been surprised how sad and how "guilty" I feel at his death.

Acting colossus? Nope. But a brave man battling 'gainst the terminal illness, he surely was. I feel glad he died smiling as he lived far beyond doctors expectations, and had a loving family at death.

:pop: Ross

Hmmm - no need to ask his agent how he is now.

On a positive note, thanks to Phantom for reminding me about the then lovely Shirley Cheriton.

read in a well known UK magazine that Ross Davidson ex - Eastender actor has brain cancer and has about 12-18 months to live . One for next years list I think !

Ross has died. :banghead:

Notable event: Welcome, member number 2000.

didnnt I just sayy thezat?

And who keepsscrewing with my odometer?

Who's the lucky person?

I'm member 448 - that's a rise of 1552 in 19 months. A rise of over 300%!

Who's the lucky person?

Also you have to bear in mind how many user profiles have been deleted over that time.

There are quite a few members that have been inactive for a long time after just a couple of posts and some have never posted anything on the forums

Maybe it's time for a clean up.

All those members that have not been active for 12 months perhaps.

They would have forgotten their passwords anyway... :banghead:

Who's the lucky person?

For crimony's sake, I quoted him. /whoosh

Not anymore, it was (as usual) unreadable. I've warned you via PM, now I'll do it publicly: Unless you can prove you've lost both arms in a tragic accident and are typing with your feet, I'm going to keep deleting your drivel. It's neither funny nor worth reading. When and if you're actually drunk, discombobulated posts can be amusing (Christ knows I do it often enough) but this intential persona is not only boring, its annoying. Enjoy a one day vacation and think about it.

A quick look at the list of total posts there were quite a few sign ups towards the end of 2004 that have no posts to their name

Come to think of it, I don't think I can remember my password, luckily I set my browser to remember my password :)

A quick look at the list of total posts there were quite a few sign ups towards the end of 2004 that have no posts to their name

Come to think of it, I don't think I can remember my password, luckily I set my browser to remember my password :)

Doesn't matter whether a "member" posts or not, they are members until they delete themselves. We have a lot of "lurkers" here who are members, and we should welcome them.

Doesn't matter whether a "member" posts or not, they are members until they delete themselves. We have a lot of "lurkers" here who are members, and we should welcome them.

oh I'm not saying they should be deleted. it was just an observation. given that we have over 2000 members, I'd say that only about 100 of those at most post of a regular basis.

As a matter of fact I have done a bit of a clean-up recently. 51 members who never posted, registered more than two years ago and haven't been active since got the chop.

regards,

Hein

Are guests no longer allowed to post on DL? Is this a temporary thing or a more permanent arrangement?

We should be told.

Are guests no longer allowed to post on DL? Is this a temporary thing or a more permanent arrangement?

We should be told.

Guests have been allowed to post since last Saturday morning - they just don't want to it would seem. Guest posting was suspended for a few days last week mainly due to the stupidity of a few in the Hunter thread.

DWB :D

We should be told.

Guests have been allowed to post since last Saturday morning - they just don't want to it would seem. Guest posting was suspended for a few days last week mainly due to the stupidity of a few in the Hunter thread.

Thanks DWB. The reason I asked was that I was amazed not a single ranter has dropped by, so I logged out and tried to post and got a message saying I didn't have permission.

I don't know anything about computers at all, but has that "Allow Guests To Post" button definately been pressed? :)

Now I see what you mean. It only seems to be this topic that Guests can't post in.

Strange.

Will look into it.

Something tells me one of the Mods or Admins thought wisely and didn't want a recurrence of the 'Snooker player' Paul Hunter thread. Not only avoiding the delay of access time, but some of the beloved fans.

Of course it is strange that not even the Death Watch Beatle was notified about this?

Ross has died. :)

Not anymore, it was (as usual) unreadable. I've warned you via PM, now I'll do it publicly: Unless you can prove you've lost both arms in a tragic accident and are typing with your feet, I'm going to keep deleting your drivel. It's neither funny nor worth reading. When and if you're actually drunk, discombobulated posts can be amusing (Christ knows I do it often enough) but this intential persona is not only boring, its annoying. Enjoy a one day vacation and think about it.

I wish to make it quite plain to everyone that Mr Brimley's posts are in no way offensive to me and I am happy to read them whatever my degree of sobriety or otherwise. Does anyone else find them objectionable?

Admittedly I didn't see the post to which you refer, but I have so far seen no need to publicly admonish BB.

:D

I wish to make it quite plain to everyone that Mr Brimley's posts are in no way offensive to me and I am happy to read them whatever my degree of sobriety or otherwise. Does anyone else find them objectionable?

Admittedly I didn't see the post to which you refer, but I have so far seen no need to publicly admonish BB.

I can't say I particularly enjoy trying to decipher what he's written (especially when it's really extreme and makes less sense than if he'd just battered the keyboard over his head for 5 mins) but I don't see that as reason to censor his 'work'.

I'm sure plenty of people don't like what I write but I'd rather they got the opportunity to tell me that, rather than me just getting my posts deleted.

That's not a request for you all to start taking that opportunity though... :)

Ross has died. :)

You don't want to say anything that might annoy Typhoid Harry as if you do he'll suspend your posting ability for 24hrs like he did to me, and has recently done to Bruno.