M.Lawrenson

Jimmy Tarbuck

Tarbuck pulls out of dance show

Yes, everyone's favourite golf-playing, fat scouse 'comedian' has high blood pressure. Haven't seen him on TV or in the news for ages so it can't be through overwork. I'd say he's in two (if not three) high-risk groups for a heart attack. After all, who thought Gene Pitney would drop dead at the same age?

• Like 1

Yes, everyone's favourite golf-playing, fat scouse 'comedian' has high blood pressure. Haven't seen him on TV or in the news for ages so it can't be through overwork. I'd say he's in two (if not three) high-risk groups for a heart attack. After all, who thought Gene Pitney would drop dead at the same age?

The high risk groups being?

1. A scouser.

2. Fat.

3. Golf playing.

Of these, surely the most dangerous is the first.

I watched approximately five seconds of the show last night, and was delighted to see that Bruce Forsyth is looking distinctly old. Not late middle-aged, but early old age. He's still no doubt marvellously fit for a man of his age, although his hair is about 20 years younger, he's also still marvellously irritating.

As Saki's phrase has it, he is "one of those people who would be enormously improved by death."

The high risk groups being?

1. A scouser.

2. Fat.

3. Golf playing.

Of these, surely the most dangerous is the first.

I watched approximately five seconds of the show last night, and was delighted to see that Bruce Forsyth is looking distinctly old. Not late middle-aged, but early old age. He's still no doubt marvellously fit for a man of his age, although his hair is about 20 years younger, he's also still marvellously irritating.

As Saki's phrase has it, he is "one of those people who would be enormously improved by death."

A jolly fat man such as he is definitley a good one for next year.

I think he needs reevaluating. Was he not in some yewtree kinda of razzmatazz?

He was and is INNOCENT.

Cunt.

• Like 1

He was and is INNOCENT.

Cunt.

Oh come on now. Full Swing was terrible!

• Like 5

Mr Mugabe, I think, even by your standards you would be hard pushed to describe Tarbuck Towers in Kingston Upon Thames as a farm - leave yer re-evaluation alone.

• Like 2

Who the fuck does Tarby play golf with these days now Wogan, Corbett and Brucie are burning in hell?

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, maryportfuncity said:

Jimmy and Des O' Connor are doing the odd gigs this year - anyone hereabouts planning to see them, like in Reading on Sunday?

http://www.desoconnornow.com/#/2017-tour-dates/4534125079

Sorry.  I am on the mailing list for that venue, but I'm more of a Stranglers girl.

57 minutes ago, Toast said:

Sorry.  I am on the mailing list for that venue, but I'm more of a Stranglers girl.

You and me both - done quite a few Stranglers gigs over the years and they're one of the bands of choice for my merry little band of gig goers; along with Hawkwind who we love without reservation. Motorhead were our most seen band; but obviously The Stranglers may now pass them in terms of number of gigs seen

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, maryportfuncity said:

You and me both - done quite a few Stranglers gigs over the years and they're one of the bands of choice for my merry little band of gig goers; along with Hawkwind who we love without reservation. Motorhead were our most seen band; but obviously The Stranglers may now pass them in terms of number of gigs seen

Your a Stranglers GIRL ?

Interesting :)

• Haha 1

On 26 October 2017 at 12:18, maryportfuncity said:

Jimmy and Des O' Connor are doing the odd gigs this year - anyone hereabouts planning to see them, like in Reading on Sunday?

http://www.desoconnornow.com/#/2017-tour-dates/4534125079

Ken Dodd is still on the road apparently.

33 minutes ago, gcreptile said:

And 88 year old Des's site makes a big fuss about his latest album (i.e. the one he released in 2008)

https://www.officialdesoconnor.com/

2 hours ago, maryportfuncity said:

And 88 year old Des's site makes a big fuss about his latest album (i.e. the one he released in 2008)

https://www.officialdesoconnor.com/

Why do I feel a degree ( a fucking large degree ) of desperation emanating from that site?

As I have previously stated, I reckon he is a possibility for this year.

His appearance on Harry Hills show last year was quite an eye opener, he was a shadow of his former self, or summat.

• Like 1

My dad, dad's ternnis partner, my cousin all had prostate cancer within a few years of each other but are now free of cancer...and a prostate.

However my friend's father died from it a few months ago (two weeks before Christmas). Though would probably have survived if he hadn't been stubborn and got checked sooner.

Phew!!! Just saw Jimmy Tarbuck  trending on twitter and feared the worst:o

But it turned out to be something much more benign .Commentary on a tv appearance tonight. 

9 hours ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

Phew!!! Just saw Jimmy Tarbuck  trending on twitter and feared the worst:o

But it turned out to be something much more benign .Commentary on a tv appearance tonight. 

Unfortunately your fears were realised. He is still alive

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Feeling glad I put him on my Shadow list and main DDP team right now.

On 04/01/2021 at 11:27, Sean said:

Feeling glad I put him on my Shadow list and main DDP team right now.

Wrong thread. No idea who I am referring to here.

• Haha 2