Sign in to follow this  
maryportfuncity

Paul Ableman

Paul Ableman, not exactly a household name and I'm struggling to find an internet link that bring up issues of his health. If anyone else sees one please patch in a link. I have a hunch he and his family will be more bothered about his health than his writing from now on. Should get some broadsheet obit attention when he goes.

Paul Ableman, not exactly a household name and I'm struggling to find an internet link that bring up issues of his health. If anyone else sees one please patch in a link. I have a hunch he and his family will be more bothered about his health than his writing from now on. Should get some broadsheet obit attention when he goes.

Is he unwell?

If so, how so?

D'ya know what Tempus, I haven't a clue. Just a snippet I heard from a journo mate of mine suggesting his death is immanent. I think it's the Big C but don't know for sure so I didn't post that. I'd trust this more than I'd trust the two lasses I heard gossiping about the bloke in Showaddywaddy and his cancer. Ableman's not exactly JK Rowling in the fame stakes but having heard the second hand story I checked him out online and he does merit a few sites - like IMDB - collating his work. I couldn't find any news on his health and my guess is there may be none until he has no health to speak of. But I'm posting cos I trust my mate.

Guest must... keep... typing...
D'ya know what Tempus, I haven't a clue ... I'm posting cos I trust my mate.

That's as good a reason as any, I suppose.

Let's meet back on this thread in a week and see if he's still breathing, Ableman that is, not my mate.

Lindsey Hughes is alive but you probably won't find her strutting her stuff in front of students or colleagues these days. Re Ableman; I posted a good rumour I'd heard and made it obvious it was such an animal. Honest, I didn't know he was a goner already and neither did the rumour-monger responsible. There was nowt online. I was waiting until I saw a trustable obit, so thanks Octi, that's saved me a Saturday surf.