Rotten Ali

Poll: 2007 Deathlist Names

two or more votes in the "who will die next" polls  

39 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Nope, unless you want to ring her family!

It's more than rumour, mind. Her employers know and word has spread to those ready to tell the world when she falls, like The Evening News and Star in Carlisle, and they never get stuff wrong. In fact, this whole debate about listing her next year might come to nowt as she carks and cheats us of our chance.

No, they never get anything wrong and Amanda Little is god. Here ends the argument :lol:

I've said it before and I will say it again. A colleague of mine is a good friend of Patrick Moore and she says he isn't in great health but he isn't near dying either. Off the list until further notice please.

DWB :P

I've said it before and I will say it again. A colleague of mine is a good friend of Patrick Moore and she says he isn't in great health but he isn't near dying either. Off the list until further notice please.

DWB :banghead:

Agreed. He'll make TSAN 50th Anniversary..... :banghead:

I thought I had voted for Milton Friedman but he doesn't have any votes!

The only reference that I can find to Milton Friedman's health dates from the 1980s when he mentioned a hospital visit connected with pain. He still goes to work and could easily last another 10 years.

Well, I got that one wrong, didn't I ? ;)

Still, we don't have to make a decision about removing him from the list now! :)

Anubis the Jackal Posted Today, 09:00 PM

Hey! I voted to remove Milton Frie....

..Eh?

....He's what...?

Oh.

Oh - Anubis.

Nice of you to own up to posting a bit too late - still in the big scheme the Admin guys can just pass over those who have already passed away.

I voted Dunn - as per my recent post on who to keep here. My reasoning is logical and, I think, somewhat profound.

I voted Dunn - as per my recent post on who to keep here. My reasoning is logical and, I think, somewhat profound.

And me Twelvetrees. He's clearly made a pact with Lucifer and will outlive us all.

The more I think about it, the more obvious the solution becomes. The only way for the former Lance Corporal Jones to shake off this mortal coil is to remove him from the list altogether.

Edited by Gunjaman5000

The more I think about it, the more obvious the solution becomes. The only way for the former Lance Corporal Jones to shake off this mortal coil is to remove him from the list altogether.

Precisely, Gunjaman - this is the DL paradox. If we keep him on the list, he will live - if we remove him, he will die. I vote for the humane option.

The way I see it, we are guilty of needlessly prolonging his life. Some may hold a different view, but he has suffered enough - even the perpetrator of 'Grandad' does not deserve so harsh a sentence.

If I may quote Hilaire Belloc's take on the Hippocractic oath

"Thou shalt not kill but needst not thrive,

Officiously to keep alive."

Let him have his peace... :ghost:

I thought about sending Grim Reaper a PM explaining that Clive Dunn should live on every single list untill he is dead. If the mascot dies without an obituary within the place his name has roamed for nearly 20 years, it will be Deathlists most gruesome disaster of all time'

I notice you don't include Eli Wallach on this list? He'll live for yonks.

Well, I was originally going to wait until the official thread for suggestions came up in December, but I might as well post it now>

OOO's musings on the DL:

BRING IN

Shoko Asahara, Allen Carr, Fidel Castro, Lansana Conte, Charlie Drake, Mark Felt, Alan Freeman, Zsa Zsa Gabor, Estelle Getty, Lee Hazlewood, Jesse Helms, Jack Kevorkian, Gabriel Garcia Marquez, Maurice Papon, Ferenc Puskas, Bobby Robson, Yitzhak Shamir, Ariel Sharon, Sir Cyril Smith, Ian Smith, Jeremy Thorpe, Jack Vance, Richard Widmark

I'd be interested to see what people think.

Rayner has to be dropped. She's not even ill any more.

Carr, Freeman, Puskas all gone within a month..... :lol:

I think Albert Hofmann should be removed. He looks to be in good health, and his wife is still alive too. For all we know LSD has given him a longer lifespan than normal (you have to wonder). I say we bring in Kevorkian, Mugabe, Ian Smith (Rhodesia), Castro, Brett Sommers, Bob Barker, Charles Nelson Riley, Dorothea Tanning, and Leonora Carrington. But that's just me.

"In a recent interview in ABC News, Kevorkian's lawyer stated that Kevorkian is terminally ill with Hepatitis C, which he contracted during research into blood transfusions and is expected to pass away within a year. In light of this he has applied for a pardon, parole, or commutation by the parole board or Governor Jennifer Granholm." --Wikipedia.

I think Dr. Death needs to be on deathlist for sure. It sounds only fitting.

I think Albert Hofmann should be removed. He looks to be in good health, and his wife is still alive too. For all we know LSD has given him a longer lifespan than normal (you have to wonder). I say we bring in Kevorkian, Mugabe, Ian Smith (Rhodesia), Castro, Brett Sommers, Bob Barker, Charles Nelson Riley, Dorothea Tanning, and Leonora Carrington. But that's just me.

"In a recent interview in ABC News, Kevorkian's lawyer stated that Kevorkian is terminally ill with Hepatitis C, which he contracted during research into blood transfusions and is expected to pass away within a year. In light of this he has applied for a pardon, parole, or commutation by the parole board or Governor Jennifer Granholm." --Wikipedia.

I can't speak for the Deathlist, but I can imagine some of the names you mention are relatively obscure (although Brett Somers rings a bell). Best to try DDP, where they'll have anybody......

P.S. Thanx for the Kervokian tip..... :P

I can't speak for the Deathlist, but I can imagine some of the names you mention are relatively obscure (although Brett Somers rings a bell). Best to try DDP, where they'll have anybody......

Just out of curiosity, which ones seem obscure? And yes, I did go to DDP and I've submitted all those names to my list.

Just out of curiosity, which ones seem obscure? And yes, I did go to DDP and I've submitted all those names to my list.

Bob Barker, Charles Nelson Riley, Dorothea Tanning, and Leonora Carrington. I'll look on Wikipedia...

Bob Barker, Charles Nelson Riley, Dorothea Tanning, and Leonora Carrington. I'll look on Wikipedia...

Dorothea Tanning and Leonora Carrington were two artists who haven't been heard of much since the 50's. On second thought, chances are they don't qualify. Despite Carrington being born in England, she probably wouldn't receive any coverage. Scratch those two. You must forgive me, I'm working on an art major and an art history minor and sometimes I forget these people I'm reading about aren't exactly well known.

As for Bob Barker, he's been the host of the American gameshow "The Price Is Right" for 35 years and finally in 2007 he's retiring, he'll be 83. I'm guessing the fact that he's retiring might not be exactly easy for old Bob, and seeing his wife died years ago what does he have to look forward to at home? Perhaps he'll be so depressed he dies. If he died there would be much media coverage of his death here in America. The media made a big deal out of it when he announced his retirement.

As for Charles Nelson Riley, once again he was on another American game show, "The Match Game", along with Brett Somers. Brett has been ill with cancer for sometime.

Well, since my first two artists probably don't make it, what about Lucian Freud? He's the grandson of Sigmund Freud and considered one of the most important figure painters in England. He'll be 84 on the 8th of December. He painted this controversial portrait of Queen Elizabeth:

_1723071_queen_freud300.jpg

I wonder if he has one of old Maggie T sitting around that's equally as beautiful as the queen?

Freud's been mentioned....

The two artists and Somers would be good each-way DDP picks....

Freud's been mentioned....

The two artists and Somers would be good each-way DDP picks....

That they would be. I've taken your advice and signed up on DDP.

Well, I've mashed some figures - taking the number of times each person has been voted for in the 11 "who is going to die next polls" (did not have figures for poll number 4 - I don't think there was one). Then used the number of times in the "part 1" and "part 2" polls to add or subtract from this figure.

From these two threads quite a number of contributers wanted to add to the view about who they thought also should be considered - for each contibuted name from the thread I gave a value of half a point (plus or minus in each case depending on the relative viewpoint). In the case of OoO's number 3 post in the "who shall we remove thread" he had 4 titles "keep, maybe keep, maybe remove & definitely remove" - to these headings I offered +0.5, +0.25, -0.25 & -0.5 points. However I got that he put Niemeyer down twice in the keep and maybe keep so I listed this as +.375points.

The top twenty five carry forward names (and their respective points) at this time would be:-

26 Harold Pinter

19.5 Claude Levi-Strauss

17.5 Brooke Astor

17 Lady Bird Johnson

14.25 Ronnie Biggs

13.5 Suharto

13 Clive Dunn

11.25 Joseph Barbera

11 Billy Graham

10 Charlton Heston

7.5 George Melly

7.25 Kirk Douglas

5.5 Muhammad Ali

5 Jane Wyman

4.5 Charles Lane

3.5 Kurt Waldheim

2.75 Alexander Solzhenitsyn

2.75 Elizabeth Taylor

2.5 Michael Foot

2.375 Oscar Niemeyer

2.25 Margaret Thatcher

2.25 Ingmar Bergman

2 Dino de Laurentiis

2 JD Salinger

1.75 Ernest Gallo

1.75 Dom Mintoff

The resurve names list being headed by Norman Wisdom and is as follows:-

1.25 Norman Wisdom

1.25 Albert Hofmann

1 Abdelaziz Bouteflika

1 Eli Wallach

0.75 Mickey Rooney

0 Tony Curtis

0 Nelson Mandela

-0.25 Jake Lamotta

-0.75 Vera Lynn

-1 Alfredo di Stefano

-1.5 Claire Rayner

-5.25 Patrick Moore

This breakdown is subjective but built from solid real data with I think just the right twist or two in also using the thread views. I did think the "who should we keep list" would be about 3 from 15 but in the end grew to 6 out of 15. Also the end result showed that all four people who have yet to receive a vote in the who will die next poll all finished in the bottom 6 positions.

So Deathlist admin chaps, its soon down to you to bounce this about and use it as you best see fit.

Thanks again to those who voted (through the year and) in these two threads and gave their views to build this result.

Re-Edited after deaths of Gen. Pinochet & Gerry Ford.