Tuber Mirum

Near misses 2006

Former Prime Minister of Papua New Guinea , Bill Skate has died aged 52

The least you could do is use GNS... I've got "Recent Deaths" as my bookmark for Wikipedia...

Good idea Canadian Paul.....I've got recent deaths in Wikipedia set up as a favourite....now I can sit there refreshing the screen every couple of minutes....bliss !

Guest iain

The Prime Minister and vice-president of the United Arab Emirates (UAE) has died, according to the official WAM news agency.

Sheikh Maktum bin Rashid al-Maktum was also the ruler of the emirate of Dubai.

I guess this is a near miss of sorts.

The Prime Minister and vice-president of the United Arab Emirates (UAE) has died, according to the official WAM news agency.

I was going to include his name on my 2006 ddp, but decided against it at the last moment. :(

Guest iain

i have a feeling someones going to lose their job over that..at the very least :(

A loss to the Racing World with the death of Sheikh Maktoum Rashid Al Maktoum.

Guest iain

Former CBS anchor Neil Strawser who anchored coverage of JFKs assassination on CBS radio has died of a heart atatck at 78 (could Walter Cronkite be next?)

It would probably go better in that Not Famous But... thread.

Although some people have decided that they should all be listed on Wikipedia, along with incorrectly posting Patrick Cranshaw as having died on January 2 :(

In all the Ariel Sharon excitement, Sunny Rogers, Frankie Howerd's sidekick, has died, aged 92, according to the Times Obituary.

*Apologies if already mentioned*

German U-boat ace Erich Topp died on boxing day aged 91......

Former IBM CEO, Frank Cary, who led IBM throughout most of the 1970’s has died aged 85.

Frank Cary

I was going to include his name on my 2006 ddp, but decided against it at the last moment. :D

That would have been a tremendous pick, ff. Did you have any particular reason to expect the 62-year old dying soon? He looked quite healthy on the pic, didn't he?

Yao Wenyuan, the final member of the so-called 'Gang of four', Mao's cronies who were held responsible for the atrocities during the Cultural Revolution, died the 23rd of december. His death had not been made public until today, for some reason only those wacko Chinese commies could understand.