Tuber Mirum

Near misses 2006

Just came back to report the death of the singer Brian Harvey

Changed the spelling of his name to "Bryan" just before he died...

Guest Guest
Just came back to report the death of the singer Brian Harvey

LOL ......... I thought for a moment you meant Brian Harvey of E17 fame ! .... untill I clicked on the link !

Just came back to report the death of  the singer Brian Harvey

LOL ......... I thought for a moment you meant Brian Harvey of E17 fame ! .... untill I clicked on the link !

Yes, just one of iain's jokes.

Just like that time someone Taylor died. He reported that in the Elizabeth Taylor thread as 'Taylor has died' or something......

Guest iain

sorry for any misunderstanding my spelling error may have caused

sorry for any misunderstanding my spelling error may have caused

no worries iain, although as Brian Harvey represents the ultimate wishful thinking DL nomination my pulse did quicken for an instant. And don't let people occasionally slagging you off be a discouragement to keep visiting the site and posting - it's all part of the fun on the DL. I don't believe any of the people who do the criticizing, me included, are immune from posting stupid stuff themselves.

Guest CrapBastard

I don't know how famous swedish soprano Birgit Nilsson is in britain, but she is no more, anyway

I don't know how famous swedish soprano Birgit Nilsson is in britain, but she is no more, anyway

Famous enough for me (see here)! Here's a link:

Birgit Nilsson obit

Good ol' (?) Wikipedia is reporting that she died on New Year's day and the funeral was today - seems the news took a while to get out.

(P.S. Congratulations on the early spot, CrapBastard - this was the only link I could find when I first looked following your post, now they are multiplying like crazy as the news gets around!)

She was brilliant in Beverly Hills Cop II. "Goodbye, Mr. Foley..."

She was brilliant in Beverly Hills Cop II. "Goodbye, Mr. Foley..."

This one isn't dead so far as I can tell.

Guest CrapBastard
(P.S. Congratulations on the early spot, CrapBastard - this was the only link I could find when I first looked following your post, now they are multiplying like crazy as the news gets around!)

Swedish inside information :dead:

it was all over the news here by 1 pm

Here comes the BBC link

Just like that time someone Taylor died. He reported that in the Elizabeth Taylor thread as 'Taylor has died' or something......

Iain's Dead!

Iain's Dead!

I'll only believe that when iain posts it.

:dead:

Guest iain

Georg Wilhelm, Prinz von Hannover, Herzog zu Braunschweig und Lüneburg has died.I dont know who he is but he sounds quite impressive,like a king or something,so I thought id mention it anyway

Also the actor Jim Zulevic has died of a heart attack aged 40

.He was in the last ever episode of Seinfield

PS im not dead

Guest iain

just heard that Rock Hudsons ex wife Phylis Gates has died

the url thing seems to have broken down

[There was a superfluous space in the URL. Fixed now. -- MH]

Edited by Magere Hein

Georg Wilhelm, Prinz von Hannover, Herzog zu Braunschweig und Lüneburg has died.I dont know who he is but he sounds quite impressive,like a king or something,so I thought id mention it anyway

King? Hardly.

From the description of him, he seems to be some kind of rich German playboy who was a soldier, mainly through family links, would've competed in the 1940 Winter Olympics if it hadn't been cancelled, then became one of those anomoyous big-wigs on the International Olympic Committee.

:rip:

DJ Mark Spoon of Jam & Spoon fame has died aged 39 :rip:

Initial reports suspect a heart attack, though seeing as he has been described before as a "party animal" I suspect his heart may have had some help in stopping... He 'discovered' and managed Snap! and Dr Alban, so cheers for that...

Guest iain

not Spoony from radio one?

Georg Wilhelm, Prinz von Hannover 1915-2006

He is the younger brother of Ernest Augustus IV, Prince of Hanover who died in 1987 (a near miss for 1987). He is also uncle to deathlist nominee Prince Ernst August V of Hanover, who is married to Princess Caroline of Monaco.

I may be wrong...

not Spoony from radio one?

That would be too much to ask, sadly...

39?? sheesh