Tuber Mirum

Near misses 2006

Alex St Clair, guitarist for Captain Beefheart & the Magic Band died 5th January

Alex St Clair

Wrong member of the Magic Band goddamit! I want the big guy with the hat...

The Emir of Kuwait, Sheikh Jaber al-Ahmad al-Sabah, dies "in his late 70s".

According to BBC News his successor and son Sheikh Saad al-Abdullah al-Sabah is someone to keep an eye on.

regards,

Hein

According to BBC News his successor and son Sheikh Saad al-Abdullah al-Sabah is someone to keep an eye on.

regards,

Hein

He was 79. Why the BBC are going "late 70's" is very odd - very sloppy as he was one of the few Arab leaders who has a fixed birthdate. Not a good year for Middle Eastern rulers eh?

I believe the successor is his brother. Either that, or he fathered a son aged 4.

I believe the successor is his brother. Either that, or he fathered a son aged 4.

I should have read better. The article claims he's "a distant cousin".

regards,

Hein

Guest iain

regards,

Hein

another big miss for the deathlist! :rolleyes:

How exactly does one exactly define a big miss as oppposed to a small miss? Arent they all the same sicne they are all misses but then again are they? Is it really a miss if it was somewhere posted last season on the potentials for this year? Since there is a limited number of death slots here I would like to think that bneing on last years list majes it to be a possible semi-conductor contact for this year.

How exactly does one exactly define a big miss as oppposed to a small miss? Arent they all the same sicne they are all misses but then again are they? Is it really a miss if it was somewhere posted last season on the potentials for this year? Since there is a limited number of death slots here I would like to think that bneing on last years list majes it to be a possible semi-conductor contact for this year.

You're Drunk again Brimley,

Ya Dipso. :rolleyes:

Me drunk? Not aon a chance *I defrasted the freezer so I nkow i AM NOT dtrunk right now. Its not likey he man who used to klive next to the corenr apsartment who drank when he frosted the freezer.

Me drunk? Not aon a chance *I defrasted the freezer so I nkow i AM NOT dtrunk right now. Its not likey he man who used to klive next to the corenr apsartment who drank when he frosted the freezer.

I stand corrected,

You're as sober as I am. :rolleyes:

you masy sit down tyhen/ I;'m leaving fgor the bar now okaqy?

you masy sit down tyhen/ I;'m leaving fgor the bar now okaqy?

Okey dokey,

get one in for me, make it a verry large Brandy.

you masy sit down tyhen/  I;'m leaving fgor the bar now okaqy?

Okey dokey,

I thought you ssaid yo get a coupel fo bourbons staight up. wenrt real welll with the 4 gin an tonics.

p.s. they askes me to leave.

damexd keys atre allm out of place tontight

you masy sit down tyhen/  I;'m leaving fgor the bar now okaqy?

Okey dokey,

I thought you ssaid yo get a coupel fo bourbons staight up. wenrt real welll with the 4 gin an tonics.

p.s. they askes me to leave.

damexd keys atre allm out of place tontight

Oh really!? :rolleyes:

A big miss is relative. It is defined as a person that you thought was going to die but didn't make it on the list. :rolleyes:

I think many cases can be argued against being big misses. Shelley Winters, for example, might be considered a big miss because she had had a heart attack near the end of the year. But so did Alfredo di Stefano, and he's not dead yet... in fact he's out of the hospital. So people begin to complain that his inclusion was a big mistake. How was one to know that di Stefano would recover and Winters would not? In fact, it was more likely that Winters would survive out of the two, because hers was earlier and she was still around.

The only difference between a big miss and a big mistake is a tiny touch of fate.

Very sorry if this has already been mentioned

but Beethoven star Joe Pichler is feared dead.

Its all on IMDB but its not much info.

I havnt posted in a while, so when i saw this i grabbed the oppurtunity to get in touch with you lot again.

Cuppa

Very sorry if this has already been mentioned

but Beethoven star Joe Pichler is feared dead.

Its all on IMDB but its not much info.

I havnt posted in a while, so when i saw this i grabbed the oppurtunity to get in touch with you lot again.

Cuppa

Already in the Ideas and possibilities thread. ( although I dont know why :D )

(I'll stick it in the near miss thread when its confirmed)

Former Heart of Midlothian Chairman Wallace Mercer. :D

Probably best known as the man who tried to kill off Hibs - thankfully without success!

Former Heart of Midlothian Chairman Wallace Mercer.  :D

Probably best known as the man who tried to kill off Hibs - thankfully without success!

Blimey! ;) That was a surprise one :ghost6: . Mind you, not living up north any more, I don't really seem to be able to keep in touch with events NOTB. *

*North of the Border

Leonard J South, who was the camera operator on many of Hitchcock's classic films.

Has died aged 92.

Film at 11....... :lol:

Already in the Ideas and possibilities thread. ( although I dont know why  )

That's depending on when he gets found...

I bet there's some bloke in Wales with a betting slip, still waiting on Richey Edwards... :lol:

Already in the Ideas and possibilities thread. ( although I dont know why  )

That's depending on when he gets found...

I bet there's some bloke in Wales with a betting slip, still waiting on Richey Edwards... :lol:

Damn! Have you been looking over my shoulder? :blink: