Tuber Mirum

Near misses 2006

Ron Greenwood - former England manager has died after a long illness

Here's the BBC announcement.

A few teams had him in the DDP, but none of the front runners.

Yes, it's interesting. I selected him in my first year, 2004, in the DDP as I knew he was very ill then. Yet, strangely I didn't choose him in 2006. As it happened, he was in my reserve team, the team I would've put out if I had two entries.

I don't count him as a big a miss as say Rugova, as I still feel my DDP team I selected is stronger - if anything, it reaffirms my decision to place him as a high reserve was a good one.

Despite knowing he was very ill & hence it is no surprise, I am saddened. His teams always tried to play good football. :P

I heard on the news that the creator of Curious George was found dead in a dumpster.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,184263,00.html

Ok, so he was a collaborator, he still had something to do with the monkey.

Just heard on the CBC that two men have been arrested in relation to his murder.

Shalleck's death came just as "Curious George" is debuting as a full-length feature film this Friday, featuring the voices of Will Ferrell, Drew Barrymore and Dick Van Dyke, among others.

Good to see DvD still active and working. Would still like to see him on the DL, however.

Godzilla composer Akira Ikufube

Too bad, he was a talented man. I had heard vauge rumours of illness, but not remotely close enough to have considered him.

Guest Jack

Actor Franklin Cover died yesterday at age 77. He played Tom Willis on the CBS comedy "The Jeffersons" from 1975-85.

Another of those spooky quirks of death- just two days after an ex-England manager dies, then he is followed by an ex-Scotland manager (albeit breifly)

John Prentice

Who'll be next? Mick McCarthy? Jack Charlton?

Guest iain

the deaths are coming thick and fast today!...Dr Norman Shumway ,who performed the first heart transplant operation in the USA has died at 83

US actor Phil Brown ,best known as Own Lars in Star Wars has died at 89 (

That's a shame. :) But 89!?! ;) Sometimes it is hard to believe that it is 30 years since they filmed the first Star Wars movie.

Also, when you look at it further, Don Lewis' IMDB entry is really not worth even a "not famous.. but".

Don't know which one he is but an acting titan he was not:

Don Lewis (1)

Don Lewis (2)

Don Lewis (3)

In fact looking at the reports of his death, he may not even be any of these -a truly, truly obscure actor, hardly worthy to be on recent deaths, especially if they see fit to delete Jack Taylor for not being notable enough.

Guest iain

dont worry maybe Charlton Heston will snuff it tomorrow!

ah, I was just in one of my Wiki rants. :lol: If Heston did go tomorrow, it'll complete a packed week of deaths.

Just checking a few other things sees that rap artist J Dilla, ex-Liverpool footballer Stuart Mason, Springbok rugby star Louis Moolman, Saddam trial panel judge Ali Hussein Al-Shimmiri & Paul Pearce, British Paralympic medal winner have all died in the last few days.

I know that some of these are only famous if you're into the sport or whatever the person does, but there's been a heck of a lot of what I call "minor" deaths this week, sprinkled with two more notable ones in Laker & Greenwood.

Very interesting....

Guest iain

Ipousteguy has died

also Her Imperial Highness Princess Dürrühsehvar, Princess of Berar has died at 92

Guest iain

theres a bit of a crisis..Wikipedia seems to have gone down and they havent updated their obit page for at least 24 hours ..either that or noone in the world has died in the last 24 hours which surely cant be true..i mean if people stopped dying that would be a bit bad for business...

Guest Pamela Pureheart

How will you survive this tragedy Iain?

theres a bit of a crisis..Wikipedia seems to have gone down ..i mean if people stopped dying that would be a bit bad for business...

Pifsh. No crisis at all. There are lots of reliable news outlets (try google news, yahoo news, The Times etc.) who are still humming along quite nicely. Let's see who has died in the last 24 hours:

Kevin Jung, attorney

Thomas Spragens, President of Centre College, Danville, Kentucky

Charles Kelly, founder of the Michigan Citizen,

Beko Ransome-Kuti, Nigerian human rights campaigner

Joe May, Dallas school trustee,

Harry Schein, Swedish film historian,

Dick Harmon, golf instructor

so you haven't missed a thing. No-one but their family or local area will know of these people.

Why would people not dying be bad for Wikipedia? It'll be terrible for the funeral industry but Wikipedia would get over it. :(

Guest iain

heres a shocker..the 30 year old top Indian actress Kuljeet Randhawa has been found dead from suicide.I always liked her work on the asian channels on cable.Sadly we're no longer able to provide links on here so you'll have to find the news article for yourselves

PS this new format realy sucks