Tuber Mirum

Near misses 2006

LS,

There's a seperate thread for Don Knotts

Valter Heuer - Estonian Chess Historian and author of the book "The Troubled Years of Paul Keres, the Great Silent One" has just died at the age of 77. I'm trying to find a link for him

You could try Johannes Fischer.

Johhanes Fischer

Nearest I found.

who is Johannes Fischer?

Havent got a clue,but from what I understand you can mail him for info -he might have a link,(in German or Estonian).

:angry: well anyway... I posted something on the FIDE discussion forum. so hopefully someone there might have heard something or could point me to a news article

LS,

There's a seperate thread for Don Knotts

Valter Heuer - Estonian Chess Historian and author of the book "The Troubled Years of Paul Keres, the Great Silent One" has just died at the age of 77. I'm trying to find a link for him

You could try Johannes Fischer.

Johhanes Fischer

Nearest I found.

who is Johannes Fischer?

Havent got a clue,but from what I understand you can mail him for info -he might have a link,(in German or Estonian).

:angry: well anyway... I posted something on the FIDE discussion forum. so hopefully someone there might have heard something or could point me to a news article

For Gods sake dont punch in DE FIDE!!!!!!!!

I'm sure MH will find one :angry:

First time I hear that name. I couldn't find a link to Heuer's death quickly.

Paul Keres was a strong Estonian chess grandmaster from the 1930's to the 1960's.

regards,

Hein

Guest iain

Hugh McCartney ,the former labour MP and father of labour party chairman Ian McCartney has died at 86

also former mayor of Vienna Leopold Gratz has died

and Peter Snow has died

Guest iain

news just in that actress Jenny Tamburi has also passed away at 53

and the well known german tv personality Annette Von Aretin has died

you might also be interested to know that the president of the Belfast Titanic Society John Parkinson has died at 99

If you have to say 'well known' they probably aren't. 'German TV personality' would suffice. Or are you saying that Jenny Tamburi wasn't well known? If so, it's not exactly a near miss for DeathList, is it?

Guest iain

If you have to say 'well known' they probably aren't. 'German TV personality' would suffice. Or are you saying that Jenny Tamburi wasn't well known? If so, it's not exactly a near miss for DeathList, is it?

Im told she was well known in Germany,although I confess I have neever heard of her

Guest iain

I have news of a more significant demise.The libertarian candidate in the 1996 and 2000 US presidential elections, Harry Browne has died at 72

Im told she was well known in Germany,although I confess I have neever heard of her

surely not!! not THE Annette Von Aretin ??

yeah, ok I'll admit it. I've never heard of her either :)

I have news of a more significant demise.The libertarian candidate in the 1996 and 2000 US presidential elections, Harry Browne has died at 72

Yup he dead allright. Saw it in the Tenneseean.

Hugh McCartney ,the former labour MP and father of labour party chairman Ian McCartney has died at 86

also former mayor of Vienna Leopold Gratz has died

and Peter Snow has died

It occurrs to me Iainieai that insrtead of posting cheap half links which many times go dead in a matter of hours or days, you might also want to tell us a wee bit of a but abotu your posteees. For example tellus more about this Peter Snow. Was he at all realated to country music singer Hank Snow? Or may be even the song siren Phoebe Snow<.?

dont go gettinhg me wrong here Iian I at times apprecuate your posts heere to let us know who has kicked off but so many tymes it is just a cheap worthless link. And stop thje Wakkipedia links they have been proven far too often to be false. At the very least try a actual newspaper or televeision link they bare much more substantial creeedence than Wakipedia/

thats all for now,

Guest iain

I often do post links to proper news sources where available,.I only post links to wikipedia articles if there is no independent news articles available.If people want me to stop posting deaths I will.Just say.

PS are you sure theres nothing wrong with your keyboard?

Californias oldest person Marion Higgins has died at 112

I think you should post that news in the Worlds oldest thread as well iain.

I could only find one newspaper that reported it The Orange County Register.

I guess the fact she was the 6th oldest US citizen just didn't cut it.

Guest iain

nobody of any significance has died anywhere in the world in the last 24 hours so we can all take a break..have a beer on me folks

nobody of any significance has died anywhere in the world in the last 24 hours so we can all take a break..have a beer on me folks

Au contraire: Richard Vanderveen, former Michigan Congressman.

Also I'll note, somewhat significance is relative.

Guest iain

well im taking a break anyway..i promise not to post any more deaths unless its someone really famous

well im taking a break anyway..i promise not to post any more deaths unless its someone really famous

That's OK, I'll have a beer anyways! :o

See you soon I hope.

Guest iain

im back..and with good reason..because its just been announced that Elvis Presleys closest friend and leading guitarist Charlie Hodge has died at 71

I missed this one out earlier this week.

Was dealt a massive blow at the Head a few months ago and ended up commiting suicide.

Guest iain
War Criminal Milan Babic has killed himself.

its so sad isnt it :o(

Guest iain

Was dealt a massive blow at the Head a few months ago and ended up commiting suicide.

your link apopears to lead to the liberal democrat party site...are you saying Charles Kennedy has killed himself?

your link apopears to lead to the liberal democrat party site...are you saying Charles Kennedy has killed himself?

Sorry iain, I was just once again demonstrating the lowest form of wit (I was being sarcastic).

What I meant was the Liberal Democrat Party have effectively killed themselves (politically).

I'll try never ever ever to be sarcastic again.