Tuber Mirum

Near misses 2006

BUCK OWENS, nah! I've never heard of him either, some kind of rhinestone cowboy.

I'll try and find a link, I was originaly going to post this in the "not famous enough thread" but I see its been merged.

found a link

Edited by heaven can wait

Well done Iain! Doesn't it feel good to report the deaths of people whom some of us have a chance of recognising?!

I personally remember Michael Attwell as the annoyingly arsey DCC Stevens in the excellent "Wycliffe".

I was surprised to learn that Lynne Perrie was as old as 75! Suppose that gives her more of an excuse for all those embarrassing post Corrie chat / panel show appearances.

Guest iain
Well done Iain! Doesn't it feel good to report the deaths of people whom some of us have a chance of recognising?!

I personally remember Michael Attwell as the annoyingly arsey DCC Stevens in the excellent "Wycliffe".

I was surprised to learn that Lynne Perrie was as old as 75! Suppose that gives her more of an excuse for all those embarrassing post Corrie chat / panel show appearances.

if enough famous people oblige by kicking the bucket I will be happy to keep up this new habit :)

Famed American director Richard Fleischer. Known for movies such as 20,000 Leagues Under The Sea, Soylet Green, Tora! Tora! Tora! etc.

Richard Fleischer directed a few good films, 10 Rillington Place is probably my favourite. :)

He was also the son of animation pioneer Max Fleischer.

Famed American director Richard Fleischer. Known for movies such as 20,000 Leagues Under The Sea, Soylet Green, Tora! Tora! Tora! etc.

Richard Fleischer directed a few good films, 10 Rillington Place is probably my favourite. :D

He was also the son of animation pioneer Max Fleischer.

I was fairly surprised that not a single person picked him for the DDP... he was famous, old, in bad health for a while... did he not gain much noteriety in Britain?

I admit it's slightly Iain-esque but just to add from the F1 thread, the death of US motor racing driver Paul Dana in a crash.

Also, it is on the borderline of the fame we seek for here, I fully admit but Britt Lomond is dead. Ex-US Olympic fencer, actor, producer, director and war hero, perhaps best known (albeit by a certain generation & region) as Zorro's nemesis in the US TV series. Well, I've heard of him anyway - I remember reading about him in a series of Olympians to Actors articles & have seen the old Zorro series repeated a while back. But I admit, not an acting colossus from an imdb listing point of view.

Britt Lomond

Re. Fleischer. He's just one of many elderly US directors to choose from & I don't think he achieved quite enough to be on a higher level (ie Scorcese, Edwards - I'm talking from a fame view not a critique) & his health wasn't highly publisised over here, so I wasn't that surprised meself.

It pains me to put this in a "Near Misses" thread, but since everyone complained about our old system, I have to put it here:

Baby born with two heads in Egypt dies

Guest iain

The rock singer Nikki Sudden has died of a drug overdose at 49

leading Indian politician Anil Biswas has passed away at 61

the ' Birdman ' has died in a plane crash

actress Lynn Perry who played the part of Ivy Tilsley from Coronation Street has died aged 75

Shame Lynne Perrie didn't make it to the official list (i.e. the Deathlist) as you could have had plenty of fun slating that old bag of .... of course, it all becomes rather more tasteless now she's popped it!

Well a picture says a thousand words, and since I couldn't find one on here, here she is in all her death's door glory.

lynne_perrie.jpg

A face that, truly, would frighten children.

buck owens has died.

country legend dies

the dinasaur-victrola in john fogerty's backyard is deeply saddened.

[Merged - ff]

i guess i am an idiot. i lost the first one and thought it didn't post. i would lose my head, if it wasn't fastened on. i once lost my mind, cause i left it on top of the car and drove off. perhaps you will forgive my total idiot-ness if i now go and jump into the lion cage at the zoo. :huh::D:lol:

i guess i am an idiot. i lost the first one and thought it didn't post. i would lose my head, if it wasn't fastened on. i once lost my mind, cause i left it on top of the car and drove off. perhaps you will forgive my total idiot-ness if i now go and jump into the lion cage at the zoo. :huh::D:lol:

Don't worry, you'll never be as bad as iain. As a human, you have "remorse" and "understanding," so you'll be fine.

Servants of Lord Cthulhu on the other hand...

Also, I noticed that Lyn Nofziger, Ronald Reagan's press secretary has died, aged 81. I edited this fact into my old post, lest I give Star Crossed another reason to whine about post quality, or multiple posts, or post whoring.

Pete Wells, founder member of Australian rock band Rose Tattoo has died of prostrate cancer.

http://www.rosetattoo.com.au/

:huh:

Well, will the old adage regarding it coming in threes hold true? Sudden, Wells....who will be the third rocker to hang up his guitar?

I'm off to get a black armband lest it's Angus, Biff, Vince, Lemmy, Iommi, Kim or Vai.

And if the Reaper's got his eye on Ozzy for number three, could he please just aim to the left a bit & take his missus instead, thus sparing us those nauseating F*****g Asda adverts & hopefully the next series of X Factor?

Guest iain

Don't worry, you'll never be as bad as iain. As a human, you have "remorse" and "understanding," so you'll be fine.

Servants of Lord Cthulhu on the other hand...

Also, I noticed that Lyn Nofziger, Ronald Reagan's press secretary has died, aged 81. I edited this fact into my old post, lest I give Star Crossed another reason to whine about post quality, or multiple posts, or post whoring.

I thought Larry Speakes and Marlin Fitzwater were Reagans press secretaries..I can't recall this Nofziger guy being one of them

STOP PRESS.......legendary australian painter Pro Hart has died.now that is a very significant death.Hes so famous hes to get a state funeral .I am shocked by this one.I t hought he'd go on forever.Hes almost as famous as the queen!

STOP PRESS.......legendary australian painter Pro Hart has died.now that is a very significant death.Hes so famous hes to get a state funeral .I am shocked by this one.I t hought he'd go on forever.Hes almost as famous as the queen!

Am I alone in never having heard of him? Almost as famous as the Queen? Are you kidding?

Am I alone in never having heard of him? Almost as famous as the Queen? Are you kidding?

Which queen? Freddie Mercury? Danny La Rue? Julian Clary? Russell Grant?.....

It's only "a state funeral in his beloved hometown of Broken Hill", not in a major city.

I've never heard of him either.