Tuber Mirum

Near misses 2006

no but Ive just heard thatthe french philosopher and politician Jean Francois Revel has died,if thathelps

It will satisfy me for now although a frosty mug of gin would do more to do so.......

Sad this morning having learned of Pramod Mahajan passing over during the last few hours. (you can all find more about thart in Iians maint threaead down lower in the various named people threeasds. Who knew Iclain would get this ojne when so afar in advance he had beguan to predicti it? strrange feeling conung over me I wonder if it hasd to fo wiht hten rye i piurred in my oatsmneal theins moirning.

so thewnaks omete once more for the reveal of Revel hass died friar andf th e later on I wi

Guest iain

big death here-the TV host and best selling author Loius Rukeyser has died at 73.Bit of a shock that.

big death here-the TV host and best selling author Loius Rukeyser has died at 73.Bit of a shock that.

I guess you weren't to know Iain if you just came here first as you normally do, but he was up on the site at dawn when I imagine you would still have been in bed.

http://www.deathlist.net/forums/index.php?...255entry61010

Earl Woods, father of Tiger, who had been gravely ill for some time has died

Beat you to to it not once, but twice. Once in the Ideas and Possibilities for 2007 Thread, once in the DDP 2006 thread.

Granted, perhaps not where they belonged, but their placement there was a) relevant and <_< avoided me getting into the "Near Miss, Not Famous Enough" argument. :P

Beat you to to it not once, but twice. Once in the Ideas and Possibilities for 2007 Thread, once in the DDP 2006 thread.

Granted, perhaps not where they belonged, but their placement there was a) relevant and <_< avoided me getting into the "Near Miss, Not Famous Enough" argument. :P

Oh, sorry, CP. But when I saw the original news of his passing, there wasn't anything on here. I went downstairs to get a drink & finished the posting, by which time you had posted twice. That's my excuse anyway :D , we're talking minutes here, not days like some cases.

Oh, sorry, CP. But when I saw the original news of his passing, there wasn't anything on here. I went downstairs to get a drink & finished the posting, by which time you had posted twice. That's my excuse anyway :D , we're talking minutes here, not days like some cases.

True. And now we can present a united front when iain posts the news in "Not Famous Enough" or its own thread later today. :P

Guest iain

I guess you weren't to know Iain if you just came here first as you normally do, but he was up on the site at dawn when I imagine you would still have been in bed.

http://www.deathlist.net/forums/index.php?...255entry61010

i suppose so.I didnt get up till lunchtime today.Im a student u see

the original six million dollar man has died at 71

That link is very interesting, Iain. As a boy I was a big fan of the TV series (I had not one, but 2 Steve Austin dolls), but I didn't know anything about the crash footage played at the beginning of each episode.

After losing the sight in one eye after his hosptilization, it's not surprising Peterson complained about having to watch weekly reruns of his own personal disaster, although I suppose at least he only had to endure half the trauma of the replays. <_<

I was reading about the guy who played Austin (Lee Majors) in the Mail magazine at the weekend and he's had an interesting life. Hanging with Elvis and boning Farrah being the obvious high points. He's kicked his alcohol problem and looked as fit as a butcher's dog in the accompanying picture (the blonde wife half his age looked even fitter). At the age of 67 I don't predict the bionic man is going the same way as his real life counterpart any time soon.

And that thought will keep me happy for the rest of the day. I wish I still had those dolls.

the original six million dollar man has died at 71

That link is very interesting, Iain. As a boy I was a big fan of the TV series (I had not one, but 2 Steve Austin dolls), but I didn't know anything about the crash footage played at the beginning of each episode.

After losing the sight in one eye after his hosptilization, it's not surprising Peterson complained about having to watch weekly reruns of his own personal disaster, although I suppose at least he only had to endure half the trauma of the replays. <_<

I was reading about the guy who played Austin (Lee Majors) in the Mail magazine at the weekend and he's had an interesting life. Hanging with Elvis and boning Farrah being the obvious high points. He's kicked his alcohol problem and looked as fit as a butcher's dog in the accompanying picture (the blonde wife half his age looked even fitter). At the age of 67 I don't predict the bionic man is going the same way as his real life counterpart any time soon.

And that thought will keep me happy for the rest of the day. I wish I still had those dolls.

indeed - good link iain, and we'll even allow for the fact this wasn't really a near miss. I'm wondering, Mr. BHB, whether you also had a Maskatron http://www.bugeyedmonster.com/toys/smdm/maskatron.shtml, complete with replaceable faces, including that of Steve Austin himself. Thanks for the update on Lee Majors. I like the TV ad he's in at the moment too. Given what a melting nutcase Farrah has become it's good to see the old boy ultimately come out on top. Now, if only I could find "The Fall Guy" somewhere on a satellite channel.....

Guest iain

the lead singer of the Australian band the Go-Betweens Grant McLennan has died suddenly in his sleep.Bit of a shocker

Guest Guest
the lead singer of the Australian band the Go-Betweens Grant McLennan has died suddenly in his sleep.Bit of a shocker

I'd imagine it would have been quite a suprise for McLennan himself. He was probably dreaming about what he was going to do the next morning.

Definitely unexpected, a bit like when John McGeoch died (wasn't that in his sleep too?) I wonder what the cause was, or whether it was just natural causes?

<_<

I'd imagine it would have been quite a suprise for McLennan himself. He was probably dreaming about what he was going to do the next morning.

I have no idea who he is, but I hope for his sake that he was dreaming something far more exciting than that!

A bigger Australian story.

Not sure whether this should be here or "Ironic deaths".

Australian Channel 9 Journalist Richard Carelton dies during live TV interview at a "miraclous mine rescue" in Tasmania.

Guest iain

yes thats right I cvan confirm that Australian tv host Richard Carlton has died suddenly at 61.Will be a shock to many australians

and a relief to those of us who grew up loathing US style shock jock journalistic standards...

More bizarre as Channel 9 have been trying to turn a major rescue effort into a three ring circus and barbeque, with Carlton and their breakfast anchors holding court amongst the rather backward Tasmanians.

Call Alanis, there really is irony in this...

yes thats right I cvan confirm that Australian tv host Richard Carlton has died suddenly at 61.

Australian Channel 9 Journalist Richard Carelton dies during live TV interview at a "miraclous mine rescue" in Tasmania

Guys, guys. Let's try & get the surname right, hey, it's the least the man deserves. He was Richard CARLETON.

Guest iain

the last survivor of the Titanic sinking Lillian Gertrud Asplund has died aged 99.She was 5 when the disaster happened

the last survivor of the Titanic sinking Lillian Gertrud Asplund has died aged 99.She was 5 when the disaster happened

Iain,

She was the last US survivor

If you read further there are just 2 left alive.

Guest iain
Lorne Saxburg dead at 48 in a snorkelling accident.Thats another well known tv news anchor dead in 48 hours.We're on a roll!

To those of you of a certain age, or disposition, or for those of you who have had to watch/suffer it via kids Yes, really... you'll probably be familiar with one of the characters of Mighty Morphin Power Rangers, a certain Rita Repulsa. I kid you not. Anyway, the actress who played her, died recently. I must admit she doesn't look in her 50's in that photo, but she must've been.

From Yahoo Japan:

Soga Machiko passed away today at the age of 68. She was found in her apartment home by a friend around noon on May 7th. She was a Tokyo graduate with one living relative who visited the same day as she died. As an actress she played the role of a villain many times in tokusatsu sfx programs. Around June last year it was announced that she had a terminal physical condition.

180px-Rita4-14a.jpg

Guest iain

Iain,

She was the last US survivor

If you read further there are just 2 left alive.

you're right there are 2 more survivors but they were only babies when it happened so cannot remember anything about it-Lillian Asplund was the last person alive who actually remembered the disaster,so its a piece of living history that weve just lost

Go Betweens singer has died. (I've never heard of him!)

Edit: ooops sorry, someone has already posted this!