Tuber Mirum

Near misses 2006

Well the Grim Reaper certainly has been busy as I have lots of deaths to report.

Margaret Aden has died at Aberdeen Royal Infirmary after a lengthy illness courageously endured with Christian fortitude. She was 67 years of age.

Irene Beverley died after suffering an illness so bravely and cheerfully borne. Now reunited with her husband Ronnie, she was a muched loved mother, mother-in-law, grandmother and aunt. She was 81.

Lorraine Ann Cassie died tragically at her home in Aberdeen on Thursday, 6th July. She was 36.

Ernest Christie of Banchory has died at the age of 81. Husband of the late Annie Urqhuart.

Iris Haralsson died peacefull at Raigmore hospital on the 14th of August aged 80 years.

Elizabeth Hardie has died after a long illness at Hamewith Lodge Nursing home. With her family at her bedside she died on the 10th of August, on the eve of her 78th Birthday.

Annie Hardie has passed away peacefully at Woodend Hospital on the 12th August 2006. She was 89.

Joan Macrae died at peacefully at home after a courageous and dignified fight against Cancer on the 13th August. Formerly of Gairloch.

John Ritchie passed away suddenly but peacefully at Chalmers Hospital (Banff) on the 15th August aged 96 years.

Richard Sheppard died suddenly on Monday 14th August at his home. Loving father, and devoted Grandfather. He was 80.

That concludes todays obituaries of people who were not famous (although I'm sure iain will find some more).

If you lads scrape any harder on that barrell you'll go through the sides.

country singer Johnny Duncan has died

Who?

I've heard of Johnny Duncan (well heard the name anyway), couldn't really sing you any of his songs though.

Which is probably a good thing, my singing sounds like a cat being tortured and in the last moments of death.

Not being a county music fan, although I don't mind Johnny Cash or Merle Haggard.

I think I've heard more country music in the past weeks than I have in my entire life, just by listening to Bob Dylan's Theme Time Radio Hour.

As for Bruno Kirby, I know he's quite well known, but the only movie I've seen with him in has been Spinal Tap (I had to look at IMDB to see what he's been in) fell asleep through most of Sleepers, so that doesn't really count.

Well the Grim Reaper certainly has been busy as I have lots of deaths to report.

Margaret Aden has died at Aberdeen Royal Infirmary after a lengthy illness courageously endured with Christian fortitude. She was 67 years of age.

Irene Beverley died after suffering an illness so bravely and cheerfully borne. Now reunited with her husband Ronnie, she was a muched loved mother, mother-in-law, grandmother and aunt. She was 81.

Lorraine Ann Cassie died tragically at her home in Aberdeen on Thursday, 6th July. She was 36.

Ernest Christie of Banchory has died at the age of 81. Husband of the late Annie Urqhuart.

Iris Haralsson died peacefull at Raigmore hospital on the 14th of August aged 80 years.

Elizabeth Hardie has died after a long illness at Hamewith Lodge Nursing home. With her family at her bedside she died on the 10th of August, on the eve of her 78th Birthday.

Annie Hardie has passed away peacefully at Woodend Hospital on the 12th August 2006. She was 89.

Joan Macrae died at peacefully at home after a courageous and dignified fight against Cancer on the 13th August. Formerly of Gairloch.

John Ritchie passed away suddenly but peacefully at Chalmers Hospital (Banff) on the 15th August aged 96 years.

Richard Sheppard died suddenly on Monday 14th August at his home. Loving father, and devoted Grandfather. He was 80.

That concludes todays obituaries of people who were not famous (although I'm sure iain will find some more).

:(

Not THE Richard Sheppard. Oh no! This is a great tragedy. How could Iain miss this one! :(

Windsor, you have no links to these deaths to verify them, however. Maybe you could post them all on Wikipedia & then have the immense satisfaction of seeing Iain's stupidity in full flow as he posts them again here later.

I have the Bucks Herald at home now, I can post the latest deaths too, if people would like to carry on reading about people who aren't famous on the near misses thread.

I hope I can summon up some "Christian fortitude" if I get a terminal illness.

Christian fortitude: as expected, when Googled it comes with dense prose, no pictures and intense footnotes.

Go for it Lady Die!

Christian fortitude: as expected, when Googled it comes with dense prose, no pictures and intense footnotes.

Go for it Lady Die!

I can't be arsed to read all that reigious twaddle. Maybe I'll just settle for some atheist fortitude.

Not THE Richard Sheppard. Oh no! This is a great tragedy. How could Iain miss this one! :birthday:

Windsor, you have no links to these deaths to verify them, however. Maybe you could post them all on Wikipedia & then have the immense satisfaction of seeing Iain's stupidity in full flow as he posts them again here later.

I have the Bucks Herald at home now, I can post the latest deaths too, if people would like to carry on reading about people who aren't famous on the near misses thread.

hE wAs my FaVOURIte 80 year oLD gUY!!!!!

Breaking news: this joke (along with Mako) has died!

(But I'm still looking for a picture of the "Breaking News" guy from Wondershowzen)

Guest iain

I think windsor should be suspended for that.Thats trolling!

I think windsor should be suspended for that.Thats trolling!

Yes, and I think I'll give you a warning - because I can.

another bad day for sportsmen as Dutch footballer Faas Wilkes drops dead and rugby player Rick Bourke dies at 51
Faas Wilkes only seems to get a mention on the website for the Netherlands National team website oh and of course, Wikipedia. So I'd hardly count him as being a "Near Miss"

From a Dutch perspective he'd certainly qualify as a near miss, as Mr Wilkes was world famous in this country. It seems that some English-language news sources also noticed his demise, such as Fox Sports, The Grainuad and FIFA.

Anyway, a fine footballer with a great reputation died.

regards,

Hein

Guest iain

note how this thread has died a death since I stopped posting here...

Note how there haven't been many famous people dying recently, also note how select people have been as to what actually is deemed to be a near miss

Guest iain

do you think maybe death is on its sumemr holidays?

do you think maybe death is on its sumemr holidays?

Who took him off moderator control? I'm not amused!

In answer to your question, no!

I´m mortified by the lack of famous deaths. I´m on holiday at the moment, (Lanzarote if your´re interested), and my holidays have always featured a famous death. Pope JP 1 and Rudolf Hess be notable examples. I emplore famous celebrities to start dying immediately before I return home next Thursday, otherwise I may suffer irrepairable psychological damage.

(Of course, if a fellow Deathlister would like to go an kill a celebrity, this will help a great deal :( ).

Oscar Miguez, one of only two surviving players from the Uruguayan 1950 World Cup final winning team has died, aged 78.

He also has the dubious honour, I believe, of being the first World Cup player of yesteryear to die after this summer's World Cup.

Oh do get over yourself Ilgains

Oscar Miguez, one of only two surviving players from the Uruguayan 1950 World Cup final winning team has died, aged 78.

He also has the dubious honour, I believe, of being the first World Cup player of yesteryear to die after this summer's World Cup.

That is unfortunate.

Running the risk of being accused of placing the names of obscure nobodies on this thread, I can report the death of the Pakistani Test cricketer Wasim Raja, at the age of only 54. 57 Tests and an English education mean he'll definitely get a UK obit. Aggressive and exciting player in his day, too. Shame.

Sir Clyde Walcott, one of the greatest cricketers of modern times, has died, aged 80.

It really hasn't been a good week for cricketers, that's the third one this week

Sir Clyde Walcott, one of the greatest cricketers of modern times, has died, aged 80.

It really hasn't been a good week for cricketers, that's the third one this week

Possibly followed soon by Darrell Hair. Either strung up by himself, the ICC, or Inzamam-ul-Haq.

If we are to believe Wikipedia, then Angelina Jolie has apparently died of overwork. But seriously, there IS a notable death:

Maria Capovilla, the oldest person in the world, has died, aged 116. Lizzie Bolden is now the oldest.

link

I'll try & find a news item on it.