Tuber Mirum

Near misses 2006

'Working' until the day he went into hospital, according to his family. Commentating at Goodwood. Then again, is that a proper job or just some jumped up jolly?

Guest Guest
'Working' until the day he went into hospital, according to his family. Commentating at Goodwood. Then again, is that a proper job or just some jumped up jolly?

He wasn't clever enough to predict his death on Tomorrow's World was he?

Raymond Baxter is dead, guess tomorrow's world will never come for him now.

I thought about him the other day, but had him down for a few years yet DOH! :D

Patricia Kennedy Lawford, sister of former president John F. Kennedy dies at age 82

I'm sure someone posted in one of the threads that they were thinking there would be a Kennedy related death this weekend. I had no idea Patricia Kennedy was still alive. I thought Ted Kennedy and Eunice Kennedy Shriver were the only ones left of the main Kennedy clan

Pat Kennedy Lawford Dead At 82

Sister Of JFK, RFK And Ted; Ex-Wife Of Actor Peter Lawford

Was kind of off on that it was a mystery though, eh? LOL!

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2006/09/18/...in2016199.shtml :(

:lol:

I knew I'd read that someone mentioned a possible Kennedy death could be on the cards.

Nice going PDM :lol:

Would Kathryn Blair be famous enough to qualify?

She's tried to top herself once, so why not?

ermmmm I'll bite. who is she?

Tony Blair's daughter. She took an overdose when she was 16 in 2004, but it was kept hushed-up.

Ahh, well I'm sure she'd make the news if she was to die by suicide.

As for fame value I don't know if she'd qualify for the DL, but I've a feeling she might qualify for the DDP.

Usually I wouldn't permit relatives of famous people to be chosen for my dead pool although relatives of former and current world leaders are acceptable.

Pat Kennedy Lawford Dead At 82

Sister Of JFK, RFK And Ted; Ex-Wife Of Actor Peter Lawford

Was kind of off on that it was a mystery though, eh? LOL!

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2006/09/18/...in2016199.shtml :(

:lol:

I knew I'd read that someone mentioned a possible Kennedy death could be on the cards.

Nice going PDM :lol:

PDM's post was the last thing I read before hitting the sack around 3:00 this morning. The first

thing I read after I woke up was that a Kennedy and ex-wife of Peter Lawford had died. That

provided a jolt that actually brought me to full consciousness. This process usually takes about an

hour, while I crash into furniture, spill coffee, etc.

Nice work!

Guest Lurker

I'm surprised there has been no mention here today of Blaster Bates, a truly significant miss.

Guest Guest
I'm surprised there has been no mention here today of Blaster Bates, a truly significant miss.

ermmm who was Blaster Bates?

I think one for not really famous section

Guest Lurker

I think not. Blaster Bates was a star.

Blaster

Blaster

Quite a chap. Was his name some kind of Captain Pugwash-inspired rhyming slang, though?

More the product of a biologically-impossible and nightmare-inducing coupling between Fred Dibnah and Roy 'Chubby' Brown. He used to play the local theatre every year, but somehow I managed to avoid him.

Guest Guest

Blaster

demolition expert and "Wall of Death" stunt rider

haven't heard of him at all

Blaster Bates was a kind of celebrity almost killed off by multi-channel tv. Once upon a time there were lots of guys like him who used to play provincial halls (did he ever do London town halls?) and record albums that you would always find in small town charity shops. I had a chum who used to talk about being taken to see him, when a small child, in almost hushed tones. But then Shaun liked blowing things up and very loud noises (he was a headbanger)... hmm, probably related.

Back then, someone like that coming to a tiny town was a bit of an event. Now no-one gives a toss unless they've been on Big Brother - otherwise it's back to UK Living +1 for yet more repeats of 'Will & Grace'.

Famous in his own way, and also an indicator of changes in the way we get entertained.

Actually, I notice I've equated provincial with 'tiny' and 'small' - I remember seeing posters and albums in small towns, but did he perform in provincial cities? Given his Cheshire backgropund, was he big in Manchester, Bolton, etc?

Ha! 'Provincial cities'! F*****g cockneys...

Blaster Bates was indeed a star, this is - no bullshit - sad news.

Guest Guest

NO DISRESPECT BUT SIR MALCOLM ARNOLD WAS A VERY FAMOUS COMPOSER.HE SHOULD BE IN THE 'NEAR MISSES' THREAD MATE

Guest Guest

QUOTE FROM SIR MALCOLMS OFFICIAL WEBSITE

Forthcoming concerts

Sir Malcolm's 85th birthday in 2006 will be marked by performances of his music around the world.

THEN AGAIN..MAYBE NOT....

NO DISRESPECT BUT SIR MALCOLM ARNOLD WAS A VERY FAMOUS COMPOSER.HE SHOULD BE IN THE 'NEAR MISSES' THREAD MATE

No disrespect, but if you've noticed. He is in the near misses thread.

Hell, I'd no idea he was still alive, I mean he isn't now, obviously, but you get my drift.

A quick check in the I & P thread would've confirmed that in seconds, MPFC.

Dammit, he was number 12 in my 2007 DDP list, and the only reason I didn't enter him for either CPDP or RDP was because I was hoping I'd sneak him in as a unique pick.

Drat. Drat. And Treble Drat. :angry:

Ah well, Arnold out, Heston in.