Tuber Mirum

Near misses 2006

I missed this one out earlier this week.

your link apopears to lead to the liberal democrat party site...are you saying Charles Kennedy has killed himself?

I was about to delve into Windsor's subconcious & say that I think this was an ironic posting on the death of the Liberal Democrats but I need no longer go there. :o

Ivor Cutler has died at the age of 83. As he's on the DDP, I'll post here as it doesn't affect the leaderboard much apart from R.I.P. It All Up & Start Again moves up to 14 points.

Obituary

Ivor Cutler has died at the age of 83. As he's on the DDP, I'll post here as it doesn't affect the leaderboard much apart from R.I.P. It All Up & Start Again moves up to 14 points.

Obituary

Oh bugger all. That was one I was looking at, but then decided he had a few more years yet in him.

Why do I always ignore the hunches that turn out to be right? :referee:

Guest iain

Obituary

a particularly sad death for all fans of John Peels radio one shows...he was a regular contributor with his wierd poems

Baseball Hall of Famer Kirby Puckett kicks the buckett at 44. Puckett kicks the Buckett.

Beat you to it again in the Ideas and Possibilities for 2007 thread, replying to the possibility of Kirby Puckett being on the list. :referee:

Obituary

B00013BOBK.02.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

:referee: a true one-off!

Guest iain

2 british legends Ivor Cutler and John Junkin dead within 24 hours..a sad day indeed

I've never heard of the majority of people in this thread - but I remember John Junkin very well.

2 british legends Ivor Cutler and John Junkin dead within 24 hours..a sad day indeed

It msiohght be evebn saddert if I knwe who they ware, an d what about a linkg for proofging it Ian.?

andf then looking laterr earliuer post I see a oicture of this Culter man and he looks similar to that Picaaso fellow who croaked a few yearts back byt hte name of Pablo Picwasso. He dod some nicfwe aret work too.

Strange! 2 guys who had cameo roles in Beatles films: Ivor Cutler in "Magical Mystery Tour" and John Junkin in "A Hard Day's Night".

Maybe Sir Paul could take a hint...

It msiohght be evebn saddert if I knwe who they ware, an d what about a linkg for proofging it Ian.?

andf then looking laterr earliuer post I see a oicture of this Culter man and he looks similar to that Picaaso fellow who croaked a few yearts back byt hte name of Pablo Picwasso. He dod some nicfwe aret work too.

Bruno, I will endeavour to find you some of Ivor Cutler's poetry. It'll knock you sober! hic!

In the meantime, another pic:cutler_ivor_anelpeetw_101b.jpg

... or even better, a clip (hope the link works):

A Strategy suit with a jelly pocket

Sober now?

Sad you cab't cget a good stratehy suit with prioer size jelly pockets even frree suits with jelly pockets athough do I really want to pay 10percent of the jelly for getting the suit anbd what about the shoews I'll need now for going with the suit since I hacvwe been sengt promenading from one shop to yetr another inse]serarch of the best suit to ten d to my big familiy needs.>/?

Nicwee Scottinsh accent gthe man hads there if I heard it rightly

Need some drambuie to be sure.

So?

I kinda feel sorry for Iain.

Ever since he has said he'll only post famous people's deaths (not just anybody on Wikipedia, which I think was the whole bone of contention), notable people have dropped left, right & centre today & its been someone else to report it each time. :):D

I've never heard of the majority of people in this thread...

I'm glad I'm not the only one. I sound like an owl reading this thread sometimes; 'Who, who?'.

Guest iain

I'm glad I'm not the only one. I sound like an owl reading this thread sometimes; 'Who, who?'.

then be gratetful for being educated!

then be gratetful for being educated!

As opposed to?

As opposed to?

Uneducated/.

Wikipedia is claiming that legendary Rastafari elder Mortimer Planno has died at age 76 but, since I can't verify this independently, I'm not posting a link. One to check up on though.

What's really creepy is that I was planning on posting him up on my "People I Was Surprised To Find Were Still Alive Thread." How come no one I ever actually get around to picking carks it? :lol: I haven't had a DDP hit since Lou Rawls or any hit whatsoever since Al Lewis.