Tuber Mirum

Near misses 2006

Guest iain
I don't class Wikipedia as a reliable source. It's easy for me to just change an entry, post it on there & say he's dead.

I'm not saying he isn't & if he is, I'm sorry to hear of it, but considering that both I & Canadian Paul were thinking of fake deaths to put on Wikipedia to prove it's unreliability & others have done it before (Ariel Sharon, let us recall), I would prefer A site SOMEWHERE on the web, to at least have something.

I find Wikepedia highly reliable..every one of the deaths posted there has been subsequently verified by alternative sources and they are usually first with the news.Any fake postings are usually corrected within minutes.(Clive Dunn is the only fake one I can think of)I will continue to post links to it on here.

The following all died in 2005, according to Wikipedia:

Al-Zaqwari, William Proxmire (back in June - was left uncorrected for some time), Clive Dunn, Maggie Roswell, Jean-Claude Usunier, Madeleine Albright, and there were at least three more a bit further back.

Reliable yes - but only with a source with the article. Just plonking a name on recent deaths with nothing to back it up is far too easy to do.

The commander of the United Nations peacekeeping force in Haiti, Gen Urano Teixeira Da Matta Bacellar, has been found shot dead in a hotel room.

Haiti UN mission chief found dead

A peacekeeping commander shot dead... I think that's irony?

No more ironic than the idea of a 'Peace-keeping' force being either

a ) A bunch of armed-to-the-teeth looters.

b ) Willing to let whole communities be slaughtered while they do nothing.

Guest iain

Former Labour sports minister Tony Banks has died aged 62 after a massive stroke

Guest CrapBastard

Damn it's a nice site...

I love the weird humor thing, too bad they missed out on Sharon

I wonder if they respect anybody?

When will Saddam go into the noose, anybody who knows this?

When will Saddam go into the noose, anybody who knows this?

I would imagine when/if he is found guilty.

And Sharon is not dead yet.....

Guest CrapBastard
And Sharon is not dead yet.....

Nah, but he's been better

I find Wikepedia highly reliable..every one of the deaths posted there has been subsequently verified by alternative sources and they are usually first with the news.Any fake postings are usually corrected within minutes.(Clive Dunn is the only fake one I can think of)I will continue to post links to it on here.

I think we're all competent enough to check the Recent Deaths page ourselves. News articles, on the other hand, are always welcome.

Michael Eisner was another one who got posted up there, along with Sean Connery.

Former Labour sports minister Tony Banks has died aged 62 after a massive stroke

Iain you dimwitted waste of life why the ffff didn't you post it downstairs in the Tony Banks thread?

Guest iain

why dont you try being civil? :)

actually if im going to get this kind of abuse i dont think i'll bother taking part in th is forum anymore.Goodbye

actually if im going to get this kind of abuse i dont think i'll bother taking part in th is forum anymore.Goodbye

I assume that you are referring to me.

It is unfortunate that you feel that way and that it has to come to that, but when I believe something, I am not afraid to state it, no matter the consequences. I believe Deathlist is something unique that deserves to be untainted by haphazardness.

If the mods want to ban me for chasing away Iain, I would understand. I am in the state of mind right now where I accept responsibility for my actions.

Iain, please don't leave the forum!

Or if he's referring to Mr. Brimley, I'll take responsibility for him as well. Mr. Brimley's abscence from this forum would be more detremental than mine.

By the way, can anyone guess how much vodka is in my system at the moment? :)

Iain, please don't leave the forum!

I wouldn't worry, Iain's goodbye seemed to last for 49 minutes.

Or if he's referring to Mr. Brimley, I'll take responsibility for him as well. Mr. Brimley's abscence from this forum would be more detremental than mine.

By the way, can anyone guess how much vodka is in my system at the moment? :)

I'm sure he was referring to Mr Brimley who went way over the top at the weekend, although his biggest crime was dullness. Your posts are relevant, even when the tank is full of Vodka.

I had no idea I had such power over you Iain...... now whereas I may not be the nicest person here :o I don't want to see you leaving. So pull your caskket back up to the cemetery and rejopin the festivities.

A lack of politeness is one thing, nor is there any need to be nice, but I do think there is an obligation to be interesting, thought provoking and occasionally entertaining.

I am unusually interesting Godot as are most here and I am quite soo dreadfylly sorry if my posts do not appeal to you. Iffins they dont then feel free not to read them.

Regarding my insolence, I find that to be a bigger crime than the boredom which you allege exists.

And now to show that I am both exciting and polite, I bid you a chipp-chip-chippery day~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`

Exciting-CDb.jpg

There is nothing so boring for other posters than a tiff so I will leave it there. But even you have to admit - as I think you did - that Dead American players was the crappest of threads. If they're dead they're not relevant, if they're American they are probably humourless, and the game is something to which only a minority can relate. The ball is supposed to be passed backwards. Come with me to Twickenham one day and I will show you.

MY post on dead football players came about because of a bad game and when it comes to sports I really see no sense in getting into 'who is better with the ball' spats. Just as you don't like Stateside sports I cannot always comprehend European stuff....Cricket and Polo just don't do much of anything for me.

And for the recoerd I have been banned from all places with Twick in their name.....

You misunderstand. It's not a "who's better with the ball" spat. My real issue is with Americans and what they do with things. Rugby was a perfectly good game with simple rules but it wasn't good enough for the US colleges. They had to start throwing it forward just to be different. Take that attitude off the sports field and in to Iraq and you see why people kill themselves flying aeroplanes in to tower blocks.

It's only 9th January and we're already on page 7 of this thread! Come on, it's supposed to be for reporting near misses, not lovers' tiffs!

You're right. There should be a pinned thread though for sorting things out.

Guest CrapBastard

naugh, I thought your discussion were hilarious :)

Wow. So it wasn't just a dream that I posted on here last night (or early this morning, for those nitpickers).

In Mr. Brimley's defense, I must say that I find his drunken posts extremely interesting. Or entertaining at least.

And thank you Godot, I try to be relevant as much as possible. Effort is worth as much as success right? :lol: