Tuber Mirum

Near misses 2006

Guest brian browers

James Van Allen, 91, undisclosed causes.

Now we see if a UK obit emerges... I could use the 4 points... :(

I'm sure he'll get one in The Guardian. I am starting to suspect that their obits editor reads this site. :)

lol B)

thats made my day

James Van Allen, 91, undisclosed causes.

Now we see if a UK obit emerges... I could use the 4 points... :(

I'm sure he'll get one in The Guardian. I am starting to suspect that their obits editor reads this site. :)

lol B)

thats made my day

Guardian obit

Guest iain

bad day for sportsmen...

top US boxer Al Hostak dead at 91

and Thailands first olympic gold medallist Payao Punteratt dead at 46

Guest iain

Judith Thomas Stark, a dancer turned philanthropist who supported artists and art institutions, has died. She was 96

and your point is?

Guest iain
Just thought I'd take this opportunity to say Im back!

The holiday was ok but it will take a few weeks for the su nburn to heal apparentely

I expect people to start droppinm g like flies now that Im back in business!

how wrong could I be.... :lol:

bad day for sportsmen...

Al Hostak dead at 91

and Thailands first olympic gold medallist Payao Punteratt dead at 46

Not bad.

I can't say I've heard of Hostak but he seems to have been pretty famous, boxing hall of fame and all that.

I'm afraid Payao only won the bronze, but it was still Thailand's first Olympic medal and he was regarded as a bit of a hero for it so fair enough.

Right, I'll go to bed now, as you were. :lol:

Guest iain

I cant believe I forgot to report the death of top ballerina Melissa Hayden.What a genius in her field!(I like to frequent the occasional rendition of Swan Lake )

also TV producer and director Patricia Foy has died

just in-actor Hugh Latimer died in june its just been reported

labour peer Lord Kilbracken has died at 85

just in-actor Hugh Latimer died in june its just been reported

I read an obit for Hugh Latimer back in early July. Read it, had never heard of him, and dismissed it. So to be told it is breaking news a month later comes as some surprise. :lol:

I'm sure I've seen someone mention her before, maybe on the thread for Taufa'ahau Tupou IV, but a search came up blank. Anyway, Maori Queen Dame Te Arikinui Te Atairangikahu has died.

Maori Queen dies

This made me wonder - do tombstone engravers get paid by the letter?

Guest iain

another bad day for sportsmen as Dutch footballer Faas Wilkes drops dead and rugby player Rick Bourke dies at 51

another bad day for sportsmen as Dutch footballer Faas Wilkes drops dead and rugby player Rick Bourke dies at 51

Faas Wilkes only seems to get a mention on the website for the Netherlands National team website oh and of course, Wikipedia. So I'd hardly count him as being a "Near Miss"

Guest iain

US actress Lois January has died at 93.Looks like things are finally picking up after a lean spell!

US actress Lois January has died at 93.Looks like things are finally picking up after a lean spell!

Lois January? who the bloody 'ell is she? oh yes, silly me she was the woman holding cat in Emerald City in Wizard of Oz. :D:banghead: She was in a fair number of movies in the 30's but I'm not sure many would have heard of her

Perhaps tomorrow I could type up the obituaries in the local paper fpr the benefit of deathlist....

silly me she was the woman holding cat in Emerald City in Wizard of Oz.

I wonder how the cat is doing?

[iain]Breaking news: the cat from the background scene in the Wizard of Oz has died![/died]

Hot damn do we ever need that entertaining Iain thread reopened! :D

Guest iain

US candidate for mayor of New York Joel Harnett is dead at 80

Candidate for mayor back in 1977, doubt he'll get a mention in the UK

Once again, not exactly a near miss. Unless someone voted for him back in the 70s would actually remember who he was

You've excelled yourself Iain, and promoted yourself from cretin to buffoon

Well that is in a very limited way true Igron. Two things...possibly more... Harnett ran for mayor of New York City a total of once and that was in 1977 (he lost to both Edward I. Koch and Mario Cuomo, Koch then of course went on to be the "How'm I f.cking doin'?" Mayor for 3 terms before losing his seat to David Dinkins and Cuomo went on to become Governor of New York State for 3 terms before losing to George "I look and sound like a fatal disease" Pataki... who we are still stuck with. In the Mayoral Primary, Harnett also lost in that Primary to 4 people other than Koch and Cuomo...in other words he came in last, numero seis).

Anyway, back to Joel Harnett he was more of a consumer watchdog and for the record, he has no business being in a Near Misses category, he belongs in the not so famous category, as in Who the heck was this? and why should I give a flying fig that he died? category...I can't say he would even make to "Not Exactly Famous" For corns sake Ibraon, Harnett lost Even Louis Wein did better than Harnett. He is so frigging unfamous that the only known picture of him was dug up by The New York Times Archives Team. Now back to the New York Times article...

Joel Harnett, 80, Leader of Watchdog Group by Douglas Martin; New York Times-August 15, 2006

Joel W. Harnett, a businessman and civic watchdog who finished last in the Democratic primary for mayor of New York City in 1977, but fueled debate by helping to force the release of a federal investigative report on questionable financial manipulations by city leaders, died on Aug. 11 at his home in Phoenix. He was 80.

The cause was prostate cancer, said his wife Lila (nee Foote).

In addition to his stunningly gorgeous wife Lila, he is survived by his handsome brother, Bertram.

Iain, Will you please post people like this in the 'not exactly famous' thread? I am asking you very nicely. It's very unlikely people outside New York have ever heard of him, or gives a sh*t about him. This applies to a number of non entities you've posted on this thread.

Thanks

Guest iain

Iain, Will you please post people like this in the 'not exactly famous' thread? I am asking you very nicely. It's very unlikely people outside New York have ever heard of him, or gives a sh*t about him. This applies to a number of non entities you've posted on this thread.

Thanks

Fair enough.I will certainly do my best to correctly allocate the deceased frm now on

Guest iain

this just in-US actorBruno Kirby has died at 56.he was best known for his roles in the Godfather 2 and Good Morning Vietnam movies

Guest iain

hey look mods someone even more annoying than me has turned up!

[Annoying posts deleted - ff]

hey look mods someone even more annoying than me has turned up!

Iain there is a word called confidence, and if you had that, then instead of Deathlist members abusing you, Iain would be abusing them. And I'm serious when I say this. I don't find most of your posts annoying, besides the fact that you use a lower case letter every single time you post, but besides that and a couple other issues your allright. Next time a Deathlister bitches at you show them who's boss. Give them a peice of your mind. Verbally neglect them. Bark at them if you have to. Then you could even get the first letter of your name capitalized, but first try it in your sentences.

Murray Walker must be ripe to clock out sometime soon :(

Firstly, no chance. He looks very well. (Saw him Sunday)

Secondly, I guess Bruno Kirby fits into this category. Iain noted his death in Near Misses (credit where it's due) and not once was he mentioned, despite having leukemia, despite being obviously famous enough.