Tuber Mirum

Near misses 2006

Guest smithy

legendary blues musician Jay Mcshann has passed away in his 90s

Former U.N. envoy Jeane Kirkpatrick dies

WASHINGTON (AP) -- Former U.N. Ambassador Jeane J. Kirkpatrick, a one-time Democrat who switched to the Republican Party and warmly embraced Reagan-era conservatism, has died. She was 80.

Jeane Kirkpatrick former US ambassador to the UN,

dead aged 80.

[Famous enough in my book, so moved from "Not Exactly Famous" -- MH]

Edited by Magere Hein

I swear he was mentioned somewhere, but I couldn't find it. Anyhow, Martin Nodell, co-creator of The Green Lantern, has died, aged 91.

Just found that out via Wikipedia. I remember buying Green Lantern #19, his last comic book work back in 1991. Judging by what he drew, he was best off retired.

Aye, seconded. I'd say his role in 'Chatham' - currently in pre-production ahead of a 2008 release - is in serious doubt given the untimely death. His IMDB entry is not recommended for those short of time.

Anton Balasingham has died at the age of 68

Expect severe knashing of teeth by Octopus (although Octopi don't have teeth do they?)....

They're not doing their civic duty and waiting till next year.... :dead3:

Anton Balasingham has died at the age of 68

Expect severe knashing of teeth by Octopus (although Octopi don't have teeth do they?)....

They're not doing their civic duty and waiting till next year.... :dead3:

You'll get that from me too, I had him as my #1 pick for next year.

oh well back to the drawing board

They're not doing their civic duty and waiting till next year.... :angry:

:dead3::o:)

That's now four in a day or two - Lamar Hunt, Ellis Rubin, Kenneth Cummins & Anton Balasingham, who was my joker. Five if you include Pinochet this week. Six if you include Allen Carr. Eight if you count Grove & Sewell for other reasons. To lose Carr & Balasingham is a grevious blow. :(

I did, however, see a news report on Monday saying that he (Balasingham) was near death, so I can't be too surprised.

Please Tammy Faye, just a bit longer, otherwise my previously strong entry is going to look pretty f**ked.

That's now four in a day or two - Lamar Hunt, Ellis Rubin, Kenneth Cummins & Anton Balasingham, who was my joker. Five if you include Pinochet this week. Six if you include Allen Carr. Eight if you count Grove & Sewell for other reasons. To lose Carr & Balasingham is a grevious blow. :(

I did, however, see a news report on Monday saying that he (Balasingham) was near death, so I can't be too surprised.

Please Tammy Faye, just a bit longer, otherwise my previously strong entry is going to look pretty f**ked.

Now see - the people yelling about us wishing people dead should be here during December while we're begging them to live. We play both sides of the street so well we should be in the UN.

:):D:(:P

Kenneth Cummins? You'd have got peanuts for him in the new DDP!

Nine if you include Ferenc Puskas...

...and we'll all be picking Tammy Faye Messner anyway...

You're a bit unlucky OoO. I've seen your previous DDP efforts and you are about a year or two ahead of time with some of the picks, and then you don't pick 'em in the year they actually snuff it!

Keep the faith... :(

You're a bit unlucky OoO. I've seen your previous DDP efforts and you are about a year or two ahead of time with some of the picks, and then you don't pick 'em in the year they actually snuff it!

Keep the faith... :)

Peanuts still add up to points and what do points make....... PRIZES!!

Yeah, I cannot now fathom why I took off Maurice Trintignant from 2004 to 2005. I knew the chap was so ill... :dead3:

I mean look at 2004's list:

8 of the 18 that survived to 1 Jan 2005 have gone. 2005's list not so bad, actually, only Haughey since.

My problem is I have excellent candidates for unique picks, but never put them in because there's nothing to prove they're going to drop, compared to say others. Such dawdling cost me dear this year, but... sigh.. enough moaning.

I think I still have an ok team, just it's veering towards octogenarians where I did have a few much younger candidates... :o

Oh finally, Puskas isn't nine, as he was on my DDP this year, but I see what you mean...

Oh! Congratulations instead...

Trouble is, with more and more competitors, there's less chance of unique picks.

And of course you don't that certain choices will be unique picks when you enter...

However, it pays to be part of this website. A cursory look at the scoreboard and it's

upper reaches are dominated by members of the Deathlist!

It helps to be in the know :dead3:

I think I still have an ok team, just it's veering towards octogenarians where I did have a few much younger candidates... :o

Balasingham's death is indeed vexing.

While your team OoO is getting older candidates added, mine is going in the opposite direction and getting younger.

This could prove to be a Grove error. :dead3:

Balasingham's death is indeed vexing.

While your team OoO is getting older candidates added, mine is going in the opposite direction and getting younger.

This could prove to be a Grove error. :dead3:

my team candidates keep ending up dead :)

<_<:P:banghead:

I know how you feel. I had Lamar Hunt and Anton Balasingham as my 2nd and 3rd DDP and HDP picks. :banghead::banghead:

<_<:P:banghead:

I know how you feel. I had Lamar Hunt and Anton Balasingham as my 2nd and 3rd DDP and HDP picks. :banghead::banghead:

aaahhh.........its a REAL shame (hee-hee ) :(

my team candidates keep ending up dead :P

Please please please pencil in Gloria Stuart to your list, Phantom. :banghead:

One more DDP hit for me means I should finish in the top 10.

One more DDP hit for anyone 10 or less points behind me means mid-table obscurity. <_<

One more DDP hit for anyone 10 or less points behind me means mid-table obscurity. <_<

I want it noted here and now that I am going to win DDP 2007.....

She's in as one of my back up picks at the moment, I'm in two minds as to whether to include her or not at the moment as she's still fairly active and doesn't seem to be in any ill health

my team candidates keep ending up dead :(

Please please please pencil in Gloria Stuart to your list, Phantom. ;)

One more DDP hit for anyone 10 or less points behind me means mid-table obscurity. :rip:

I want it noted here and now that I am going to win DDP 2007.....

And I want it noted here and now I am going to have no fekin' points at all in the DDP (this year anyway)