Death in Pixie Boots

12. Dennis Skinner

3 minutes ago, Kenny said:

Why has terminally ill Frank Field been dropped in favour of Dennis Skinner and Norman Tebbit?

Frank Field was never on the list...

• Like 1

For all the problems the list have I don’t think them picking Tebbit and Skinner are among them

• Like 6

Just now, Ulitzer95 said:

Frank Field was never on the list...

I thought that he was.

A strange omission last and this year.

• Like 3

Cant seem to find any recent images of Dennis Skinner, latest ones I can find are from 2019/2020.

From Stoke turning blue Dennis Skinner losing his 49-year Bolsover seat ...

This one from 2019 kind of looks interesting. Would be better to see more recent photos, which are very hard to find.

• Like 1

On 02/01/2023 at 18:48, Joey Russ said:

For all the problems the list have I don’t think them picking Tebbit and Skinner are among them

Or Lawson

• Like 3

Here are the most recent images of Mr. Skinner. His son posted this last year on twitter when his father turned 90. Towards the end of the video, there's a photo of him in a bas ball cap that appears to have been taken at his 90th.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, WinterCake said:

Cant seem to find any recent images of Dennis Skinner, latest ones I can find are from 2019/2020.

From Stoke turning blue Dennis Skinner losing his 49-year Bolsover seat ...

This one from 2019 kind of looks interesting. Would be better to see more recent photos, which are very hard to find.

The only thing I can find is his twitter (@BolsoverBeast) which is active with 100k+ followers, with no pictures of him. I think it is him, despite it not being verified and all.

1 minute ago, dimreaper said:

Here are the most recent images of Mr. Skinner. His son posted this last year on twitter when his father turned 90. Towards the end of the video, there's a photo of him in a bas ball cap that appears to have been taken at his 90th.  

Thanks! 

1 minute ago, WinterCake said:

The only thing I can find is his twitter (@BolsoverBeast) which is active with 100k+ followers, with no pictures of him. I think it is him, despite it not being verified and all.

Certainly not Dennis. He didn’t even do emails when in Parliament.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, Thatcher said:

Oh yeah. His son does have a twitter tho; which is @DennisSkinner2

Last video I can find is 2 years ago but it might be older than when published .

• Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, dimreaper said:

Sad to see him looking so frail.He looks happy though.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Thatcher said:

Hmmm... was expecting another kind of post by @Thatcher here.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Cecilia Bartholomew trying to make us think we had two hits yesterday :shoot:

• Like 1

Iain is a very ill man.

• Like 3

I was told recently from a reliable source that Dennis is suffering from dementia and failing significantly. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 9

19 minutes ago, Thatcher said:

I was told recently from a reliable source that Dennis is suffering from dementia and failing significantly. 

Really sad to hear

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

Unless that "failing significantly" means going in the next month, sounds like a return for next year and much higher up. 

My favourite of his many Queen's speech quips was "Any Tory moles at the Palace?" in 2008, as the outgoing Black Rod then said "I'm going to miss you Dennis."

• Like 2

I must admit I was absolutely furious with Dennis Skinner for ages when he backed Brexit. But I will be sad to see him go. It's hard to ignore his decades of dedicated, compassionate service. Not just his Queen's speech quips or Tory takedowns. He wasn't in politics for himself.

He's done a lot for dementia causes, too. His mother and sister had it. He regularly visited care homes, did some kind of documentary or something too iirc. Be a huge shame if it took him too.

• Like 8

Must be serious, if anything could boost his health it'd be the current meltdown in the Conservative Party!

• Like 5

29 minutes ago, maryportfuncity said:

Must be serious, if anything could boost his health it'd be the current meltdown in the Conservative Party!

It would be nice if he could live to see another Labour Prime Minister but it will probably be Keir Starmer so you wouldn't be able to tell.

• Like 4

18 hours ago, TQR said:

I must admit I was absolutely furious with Dennis Skinner for ages when he backed Brexit. But I will be sad to see him go. It's hard to ignore his decades of dedicated, compassionate service. Not just his Queen's speech quips or Tory takedowns. He wasn't in politics for himself.

He's done a lot for dementia causes, too. His mother and sister had it. He regularly visited care homes, did some kind of documentary or something too iirc. Be a huge shame if it took him too.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2016/may/19/dennis-skinner-vs-dementia-review-why-singing-good-for-your-health

• Like 1

19 hours ago, TQR said:

Him backing Brexit was always an inevitability.He came from the anti EU faction in the left of old Labour.They always opposed joining Europe and never changed their minds.

• Like 2