Cowboy Ronnie

Seen Any Good Films Lately?

Mmm, didn't take account of LA's obsession with gays, should have thought that through. Now if Rourke had played a penniless, gay, crippled cowboy wrestler called Mountain.......

I just hope that now that pony-faced bitch Kate "acting by numbers" Winslett has finally shagged whoever necessary to win an Oscar she won't darken our cinema screens again. Has she ever given a believable performance?

Did I ever mention I can't stand the woman?

I just hope that now that pony-faced bitch Kate "acting by numbers" Winslett has finally shagged whoever necessary to win an Oscar she won't darken our cinema screens again. Has she ever given a believable performance?

Now she's won one H, she's going to be bigger than ever...

Kate-Winslet--18526.jpg

I saw Vicky and Christina does Barcelona. It was crap. How Penelope Cruz managed to scrape an Oscar from that pile of twaddle I'll never know. Although I guess it did need all the support it could get.

I did consider going to see this.

Unfortunately it is neither a prequel or sequel to that legendary film Debbie does Dallas.

Im sure there will be many disappointed film goers coming out of Cimemas the length and breadth of the country, clean macs under their arms..

Kate-Winslet--18526.jpg

And another thing, no way is she 33. She's 37 if she's a day.

Kate-Winslet--18526.jpg

I actually thought she looked much older than 33 as well. She's younger than me, and I haven't got a wrinkly neck like that - on the other hand, my chins do a good job of covering up my neck, so maybe I have.....

Kate-Winslet--18526.jpg

I actually thought she looked much older than 33 as well. She's younger than me, and I haven't got a wrinkly neck like that - on the other hand, my chins do a good job of covering up my neck, so maybe I have.....

You can almost hear the collective pulling of knives out of her back.....

Good grief Handy, you are clearly a sweet lady at the end of her tether, cruely suffering Katewinslettitus.

As for you Lardy, I expected nothing else.... :lol:

Kate-Winslet--18526.jpg

Good grief Handy, you are clearly a sweet lady at the end of her tether, cruely suffering Katewinslettitus.

Mmm.

Actually, I quite like her. I just think she looks older than she is, that's all.

I was once convinced that she was in the queue in Asda in front of me, it was at a time when I believe she was living near Bath, so it would have been quite feasible for her to be in my local Asda. Until I noticed she was buying Smart Price bread.

I neither like nor dislike her, to be honest I haven't seen that many of her films but I did really enjoy 'Eternal Sunshine of The Spotless Mind', it's one of the few DVD's I took with me when I left Glasgow.

Kate-Winslet--18526.jpg

Mmm.

Actually, I quite like her. I just think she looks older than she is, that's all.

I was once convinced that she was in the queue in Asda in front of me, it was at a time when I believe she was living near Bath, so it would have been quite feasible for her to be in my local Asda. Until I noticed she was buying Smart Price bread.

Did she manage to choke back the tears when she thanked the cashier?

Best film: Slumdog Millionaire.

Best actor: Micky Rourke.

Best actress: Kate Winslet.

Best supporting actor: Heath Ledger.

Best supporting actress: Penelope Cruz.

Best director: Danny Boyle.

That's what it says in my envelope.

I think you are spot on with all these , my friend...but the question is....IS IT DESERVED ?

the only one I personally would go for is Kate for best actress.....all the other "favourites" I have reservations about.....

I managed to ignore most of a sickening tribute to Heath 'Hollywood icon, legend' Ledger, senora honez was watching on telly last night as I surfed the net on my laptop. You'd think he found the cure to cancer by the sound of the sycophantic twaddle they were spouting. He's a shoo in by the sound of it. I'm fighting the bile as I type.

Edit. Yup. Heath Ledger, Hollywood icon, legend, Oscar winner and failed amateur pharmacist.

Geronimo was on the money, except Sean Penn got the best actor gong.

As far as Josco junior is concerned Heath is a God.... Can't see it myself, and when I opine that Jack Nicholson was a better Joker...... Phew!

Also went to see Slumdog the other day as an unwilling accomplice to Mrs Josco. Thoroughly enjoyed it, cracking film.

Caught 'Is Anyone There?' over the weekend, dour and downmarket British with grim laughs and a superb performance from Michael Caine.

Highly recommended for those with an interest in all things death.

Just seen the new Star Trek film, not bad but too many special effects when they could have done much more with the characters and story line. I didn't think much to Simon Pegg as Scotty but casting was good otherwise and it could be a good start to rebuilding the old franchise on the big screen. Leonard Nimoy looks ancient. Maybe it's time for a Vulcan on the deathlist.

Just seen the new Star Trek film, not bad but too many special effects when they could have done much more with the characters and story line. I didn't think much to Simon Pegg as Scotty but casting was good otherwise and it could be a good start to rebuilding the old franchise on the big screen. Leonard Nimoy looks ancient. Maybe it's time for a Vulcan on the deathlist.

I also enjoyed it. The destruction of Vulcan? I can see a sequel on the way. The younger Doc McCoy was fabulous, the Spock one-liners had me chuckling. "Green blooded hob-goblin" for example.

I also enjoyed it. The destruction of Vulcan? I can see a sequel on the way. The younger Doc McCoy was fabulous, the Spock one-liners had me chuckling. "Green blooded hob-goblin" for example.

They did a fair job on impersonations. Unfortunately, Chekov's high-pitched overkill of a Russian accent was grating. I thought the Spock character was well-performed; he even walked like Nimoy.

There's some mileage to go with this strand of the franchise.... :banghead:

I watched Sherlock Holmes at the cinema today. I thought it was very good, some great fight scenes and Robert Downey Jnr gets better with age. I would recommend it.

Extraordinary Measures opens Stateside today at selected theaters,

A touching film with Harrison Ford and Brendan Fraser and Keri Russell as well as many others. it explores a father's (played by Fraser) loving journey to keep his children from certain death as they are afflicted with Pompe Disease. The film is based on the book The Cure by Geeta Anand

More on the movie at Extraordinary Measures, the movie

More about Pompe Disease at-------- Pompe Disease Website

Watched Super-Psyched today.

The rider is "live death to the fullest" and it does. Watch it here.

Got to be up for an Oscar for best short film, surely?

Watched Super-Psyched today.

The rider is "live death to the fullest" and it does. Watch it here.

Got to be up for an Oscar for best short film, surely?

Well I watched it around 6 times.... Waste of 30 seconds if you ask me.

The Wolfman - too obvious, too dull. Definately not "The Howling" or "An American Werewolf in London" or the original.

The Wolfman - too obvious, too dull. Definately not "The Howling" or "An American Werewolf in London" or the original.

I saw that last night. I thought it was all right, but then I don't watch many films. I did jump a few times. The bacon cheeseburger with garlic mayo from Schwartz Brothers afterwards was very nice.

I was flippin' through the channels and there I came across Turner Classic Movies. I don't know if I've ever told you about this, but whenever I come across an old film I try and guess the year it debuted in theaters. Half of the time I'm right -- dead on. Anyway, the film was "The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance (1962)", starring John Wayne.

I said you, Valance, you pick it up.

I said you Liberty, you pick it up.