Cowboy Ronnie

Seen Any Good Films Lately?

New movies, well a large percentage of them, totally suck big hairy monkey balls.

In the case of Hollywood that is largely true, you need to cast your net further

I'm a massive fan of asian cinema . The new wave era of asian movies from 1998 - 2004 south korea and japan were putting out classic movie after classic movie . Even today there are quite a huge chunk of great movies being released though not as many .

There have been some great movies from that part of the world in the past couple of years. Still Walking, Breathless and Mother were all stunning. Watched A Simple Life the other week, that I rather liked :)

New movies, well a large percentage of them, totally suck big hairy monkey balls.

In the case of Hollywood that is largely true, you need to cast your net further

I'm a massive fan of asian cinema . The new wave era of asian movies from 1998 - 2004 south korea and japan were putting out classic movie after classic movie . Even today there are quite a huge chunk of great movies being released though not as many .

There have been some great movies from that part of the world in the past couple of years. Still Walking, Breathless and Mother were all stunning. Watched A Simple Life the other week, that I rather liked :)

I have never seen any of those Definitely going to check them out especially mother. I love south Korean movies.

I have never seen any of those Definitely going to check them out especially mother. I love south Korean movies.

Still Walking is Japanese, heavily influenced by Ozu

I see I do like those type of movies anything like a taste of tea and 3 iron?

Bit Weird in places, but this movie is a home grown movie I watched (and have the DVD of).

is it that based on a true story ?

Bit Weird in places, but this movie is a home grown movie I watched (and have the DVD of).

is it that based on a true story ?

No, it's a mocumentary.

Haven't seen the first one, not really much in common with 3-Iron. It's about a family who annually commemorate the death of their son, drew a lot of comparisons to Tokyo Story

Haven't seen the first one, not really much in common with 3-Iron. It's about a family who annually commemorate the death of their son, drew a lot of comparisons to Tokyo Story

I watched mother , madeo . What a great movie never saw it going down that path a subtle twist too and i loved the final scene on the bus . Haven't checked out the others yet going to watch them soon.

I watched mother , madeo . What a great movie never saw it going down that path a subtle twist too and i loved the final scene on the bus . Haven't checked out the others yet going to watch them soon.

Watched Poetry last week, really rather good another great Korean movie

Sightseers looks promising.

Saw a preview screening last night, had rather mixed feelings about it tbh. Some of it is funny but it doesn't quite gel as a whole, the characters arent as engaging or amusing as you'd hope. On the plus side was a very interesting Q & A afterwards with Ben Wheatley and Steve Oram.

Think part of the problem is following on from Down Terrace and Kill List, Wheatley has so much to live up to, 'expectation is the mother of disappointment' I think the phrase goes

Well not bloody Skyfall that's for sure... feck me 'tis a dismal offering. Probably best cast of any film in the last year, with worst result.

• Like 1

Well, under sufferance, I went to see James Fucking Bond on Friday, not my type of film AT ALL, but there was the promise of a Schwartz Bros Burger afterwards, so I agreed to go - and I actually quite enjoyed it. The film that is. The burger was good too.

Stumbled on an old Richard Pryor movie. He plays a young auto worker who tries to rob his union with fellow workers. Only to uncover some data linking the Union with corruption and embezzlement of Union dues with criminals. They try to blackmail the union, and become entrangled in a dangerous situation. "Blue Collar". It's intresting to see how youtubers post these cult classics that have been taken out of print.

Watched Sinister last night , good horror movie .

Haven't been many good horror movies over the last couple of years but I would definitely check it out if you love horror movies.

This seems legit.............

View My Video

Started watching Blazing Saddles earlier (until interrupted by family). Brilliant, I must find the time to finish it.

• Like 1

faces in the crowd staring milla jovovich is very good . ^^ blazing saddles i have never seen but want to see its on my watch list.

faces in the crowd staring milla jovovich is very good . ^^ blazing saddles i have never seen but want to see its on my watch list.

Highly recommend Blazing Saddles, a classic. Director Mel Brooks must be close to meeting the big director above @ 86 years old?

I took the bread knife to see Les Miserables at the weekend, quite enjoyable, lots of singing and many death scenes.

The misses enjoyed it more than I did as she has a lot more empathy than I do, but what more would you expect from a curious death lister?

Just saw Lincoln - Great movie if you are into that historical era of the war and such. Daniel Day Lewis and Sally Field are excellent.

Also saw Django; Another good film which takes on the difficulty of the slave era but in a lighter way. Basically it isn't as hard line as some other slave era movies. A nice Tarrantino piece work.

Dark skies i watched last night in the pitch dark . Trying to sleep after it was tough lol.

it was an ok movie if you like alien movies and had some good scares along the way but nothing too original .

Just watched Argo, not a film I would normally choose to watch as I dislike Ben Affleck intensely, but it was really good. Interesting mix of characters and I really did feel I was 'there' in the scenes in Tehran. Nice too to see John Goodman again.

Watched moon starring sam rockwell.

Nice story and keeping you guessing all the way though.

If you like stuff about space and movies set in space like i do you will love it.