Cowboy Ronnie

Seen Any Good Films Lately?

6 hours ago, Bibliogryphon said:

I don't like The Temple of Doom but The Last Crusade is excellent it is a deliberate throw back to classic adventure films. It does what it says on the tin. Ford and Connery are on top form.

I don't understand the old knight who had been kept alive for seven hundred years by the power of the Grail. What had he been doing all those years – alone –  without going mad?

Once Upon a Time in the West (1968), directed by Sergio Leone. I like this film very much. I watched it 4 times in a row. Bronson was superb

Interstella 5555 (2003)

R-1345406-1297862064.jpeg.thumb.jpg.b0ae9eb83bd56a71dddd3bb53132edc8.jpg

This is a one-of-a-kind film. It's a collaboration between Daft Punk and anime creator Leiji Matsumoto. There is no dialogue; instead, Daft Punk's album Discovery plays uninterruped in the film for 65 minutes.

I'm not a fan of anime but if you like Daft Punk's music then this film is a must-see. The 2 run together seamlessly in what is clearly a labour of love. The style of animation is a tribute to the anime and manga of the 70s. Most of the Daft Punk tracks sample 70s songs, but it doesn't feel like an old film. Daft Punk's music from this period is timeless and so are the vibrant galactic images of the film.

The plot isn't too difficult to suss and we don't learn much about the characters, but that's what makes the film beatifully simplistic. Would recommend.

just watched Tyrannosaur

worth watching

the main character is how I imagine sir creep

• Haha 1

Went to see A Star Is Born with the maw. I'm pretty sure I was the only unmarried male in attendance :lol:

I went in with low expectations, but Lady Gaga's performance was spectacular. Bradley Cooper would make an engaging director if he made more films. The silent moments and long close-ups were a nice surprise. Willam and Shangela (from RuPaul's Drag Race) made the whole audience laugh in their scene.

Maw said the new film was technically better, but prefers the Barbra Streisand version since that was the first film she saw after dropping out of school and therefore it has more sentimental value.

(Aye, she's an old fart, almost as old as Cat! Imagine that!)

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, Clorox Bleachman said:

Went to see A Star Is Born with the maw. I'm pretty sure I was the only unmarried male in attendance :lol:

Oh, I doubt that, quite a lot.......

curtsy.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Peppermint.

Saw hereditary last night. It was good some creepy moments . The thing that scared my wife though was the kid in it she turned away everytime she was on the screen. The poor actor hasn't exactly been blessed in the looks department.

Mention of "hereditary" always reminds me of a friend's mum.  Her first grandchild was born with some condition (forget exactly what) which required a minor operation.

On being told that the condition was hereditary, grandma was indignant:

"There's never been any hereditary in our family!"

The Cabin in the Woods isn't the best horror movie ever made, but it's not bad.

Saw it at a late Halloween get-together with 4 friends. Coincidentally, the main characters are a set of 5 friends - The Athlete, The Whore, The Scholar, The Fool and The Virgin...

? No gaybert?

Just watched unfriended dark web there's a bad guy in it with a screen name charon (that's a non spoiler don't worry). What have you been getting upto outside of the deathlist charon? :D

• Haha 2

14 hours ago, Clorox Bleachman said:

Saw it at a late Halloween get-together with 4 friends. Coincidentally, the main characters are a set of 5 friends - The Athlete, The Whore, The Scholar, The Fool and The Virgin...

I'm pegging you as the virgin.

3 hours ago, Sir Creep said:

I'm pegging you as the virgin.

Hah! Would probably identify more strongly with the whore. My tits are bigger than hers.

18 hours ago, Clorox Bleachman said:

I hated the Fool in that movie. What a liberal dick!

1 hour ago, Clorox Bleachman said:

Hah! Would probably identify more strongly with the whore. My tits are bigger than hers.

a gigolo or a gay-for-pay the tit thing makes it sound more as the latter than the former

On 02/11/2018 at 02:33, the_engineer said:

Just watched unfriended dark web there's a bad guy in it with a screen name charon (that's a non spoiler don't worry). What have you been getting upto outside of the deathlist charon? :D

A quick google and its Charon 68.

I am on a forum with Charon 67 as my username :lol:

• Like 1

Bohemian Rhapsody.

There are movies you say 'I can't get those 90 minutes of my life back'.  
This one you'll be mad it has ended after 120.

• Like 3

I was asked to watch Outlaw King by someone I know who played a minor role. No, his name isn't Shirley.

There wasn't an awful lot to the film - grey skies and gory deaths - but Chris Pine did a good job overall. 5/10, made me hate the English.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Clorox Bleachman said:

I was asked to watch Outlaw King by someone I know who played a minor role. No, his name isn't Shirley.

There wasn't an awful lot to the film - grey skies and gory deaths - but Chris Pine did a good job overall. 5/10, made me hate the English.

watched it just now 7/10 I think

nowhere near as anti english as braveheart

11 hours ago, Clorox Bleachman said:

made me hate the English

You're Scots*, you don't need a reason.

*Tempted to put Scotch just to piss you lot off.

3 hours ago, En Passant said:

You're Scots*, you don't need a reason.

*Tempted to put Scotch just to piss you lot off.

Putting 'jock' would work even better.:D

On 06/11/2018 at 13:54, Sir Creep said:

Bohemian Rhapsody.

There are movies you say 'I can't get those 90 minutes of my life back'.  
This one you'll be mad it has ended after 120. 

Watched it one week ago and still got Queen songs in my head every minute of the day. Masterpiece!

• Like 1