Cowboy Ronnie

Seen Any Good Films Lately?

Can't wait for Detective Pikachu:

• Haha 2

Alpha.
I haven't rented a movie that came close to this in 2018.  And probably won't for a while.  Phenomenal.

Watched upgrade last night. I thought throughout the movie the lead male was Tom Hardy turns out it just wasn't lol. An excellent movie with a great ending. Must watch for anyone who likes futuristic , sci-fi horror.

• Like 2

Saw Stan and Ollie last night, four great lead performances. Not sure how accurate every scene is, but 8/10 at least.

9 hours ago, maryportfuncity said:

Saw Stan and Ollie last night, four great lead performances. Not sure how accurate every scene is, but 8/10 at least.

I saw it on Saturday night.

I agree with you 100%.

• Like 1

Captain Marvel was okay, I guess.

Sure, I've seen all 21 MCU films with the same 4 saddos people. Most of it has been decent, and hey, it's a cheap evening out. The lacklustre ones sort of blend together imo. I'm not as invested as my one friend who literally jumped out his chair in shock at one scene.

Goose the cat is the best character. 6/10.

So fucking excited for this movie, but also afraid that this may be the last movie with some of the original avengers. Hopefully some of them survives.

Is Rodney Dangerfield in Caddyshack the single greatest comic performance in cinematic history?

To celebrate the 40th anniversary of the Alien Film Franchise, six new short films are to be released.

March 29: "Alien: Containment" — Four survivors find themselves stranded aboard a small escape pod in deep space. Trying to piece together the details around the outbreak that led to their ship's destruction, they find themselves unsure to trust whether or not one of them might be infected. Written and directed by Chris Reading.

April 5: "Alien: Specimen" — It's the night shift in a colony greenhouse, and Julie, a botanist, does her best to contain suspicious soil samples that have triggered her sensitive lab dog. Despite her best efforts the lab unexpectedly goes into full shutdown and she is trapped inside. Little does she know, an alien specimen has escaped the mysterious cargo, and a game of cat and mouse ensues as the creature searches for a host. Directed by Kelsey Taylor.

April 12: "Alien: Night Shift" — When a missing space trucker is discovered hungover and disoriented, his co-worker suggests a nightcap as a remedy. Near closing time, they are reluctantly allowed inside the colony supply depot where the trucker's condition worsens, leaving a young supply worker alone to take matters into her own hands. Written and directed by Aidan Brezonick.

April 19: "Alien: Ore" — As a hard-working miner of a planet mining colony, Lorraine longs to make a better life for her daughter and grandchildren. When her shift uncovers the death of a fellow miner under mysterious circumstances, Lorraine is forced to choose between escape or defying management orders and facing her fears to fight for the safety of her family. Written and directed by the Spear Sisters.

April 26: "Alien: Harvest" — The surviving crew of a damaged deep-space harvester have minutes to reach the emergency evacuation shuttle. A motion sensor is their only navigation tool leading them to safety while a creature in the shadows terrorizes the crew. However, the greatest threat might have been hiding in plain sight all along. Directed by Benjamin Howdeshell.

April 26: "Alien: Alone" — Hope, an abandoned crewmember aboard the derelict chemical hauler Otranto, has spent a year trying to keep her ship and herself alive as both slowly fall apart. After discovering hidden cargo, she risks it all to power up the broken ship in search of human life. Written and directed by Noah Miller.

• Like 5

On 30/03/2019 at 14:19, Cat O'Falk said:

To celebrate the 40th anniversary of the Alien Film Franchise, six new short films are to be released.

April 5: "Alien: Specimen" — It's the night shift in a colony greenhouse, and Julie, a botanist, does her best to contain suspicious soil samples that have triggered her sensitive lab dog. Despite her best efforts the lab unexpectedly goes into full shutdown and she is trapped inside. Little does she know, an alien specimen has escaped the mysterious cargo, and a game of cat and mouse ensues as the creature searches for a host. Directed by Kelsey Taylor.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Loved both of them so far. Really cool, didn't know about these cat o falk.I'm a big fan of short movies, crypt tv on you tube is good though some are hit or miss. A few gems in there though.

• Like 2

April 12: "Alien: Night Shift" — When a missing space trucker is discovered hungover and disoriented, his co-worker suggests a nightcap as a remedy. Near closing time, they are reluctantly allowed inside the colony supply depot where the trucker's condition worsens, leaving a young supply worker alone to take matters into her own hands. Written and directed by Aidan Brezonick.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

April 19: "Alien: Ore" — As a hard-working miner of a planet mining colony, Lorraine longs to make a better life for her daughter and grandchildren. When her shift uncovers the death of a fellow miner under mysterious circumstances, Lorraine is forced to choose between escape or defying management orders and facing her fears to fight for the safety of her family. Written and directed by the Spear Sisters.

• Like 1

April 26: "Alien: Harvest" — The surviving crew of a damaged deep-space harvester have minutes to reach the emergency evacuation shuttle. A motion sensor is their only navigation tool leading them to safety while a creature in the shadows terrorizes the crew. However, the greatest threat might have been hiding in plain sight all along. Directed by Benjamin Howdeshell.

April 26: "Alien: Alone" — Hope, an abandoned crewmember aboard the derelict chemical hauler Otranto, has spent a year trying to keep her ship and herself alive as both slowly fall apart. After discovering hidden cargo, she risks it all to power up the broken ship in search of human life. Written and directed by Noah Miller.

The final two:

Saw Wild Rose last week and - generally - loved it

Endgame is without a doubt the most satisfying and complete of the MCU films. I'll be going to see it again.

Saw Red Joan today (about spy Melita Norwood). Quite enjoyed it, although it wasn't not entirely sure whether it was a cold war drama or a comedy at times. Tom Hughes had exactly the same haircut, accent and vocal mannerisms as he does as Prince Albert in Victoria. Shame the scrumptious Jenna Coleman (only reason I watch Victoria) wasn't in it, got pictures of her all over the burrow.

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, runebomme said:

the Tolkien film looks interesting

Interesting article on his nonce-priest son in Today's observer which suggested John (said nonce) was abused by at least one of his dad's academic mates.

Saw Tolkien film this afternoon.

Very little in it for LOTR geeks to get excited about. Mainly a coming of age drama about JRRT and three of his oxbridge chums growing up in the run up to the first world war. Only uncertainty was guessing which of them were going to get killed in the trenches. Rather like chariots of fire, personally had little connection with any of these upper class oxbridge types so didn't get too upset at the outcome. Lead actor (can't be bothered to look up who) looked disconcertingly like a young John Redwood. Lily Collins as his love interest was rather cute  - if not quite up there with Jenna Coleman (or Madame Cholet, obviously).

• Like 1

This reminds me - just over a week ago saw Woman at War (Icelandic drama about an eco warrior with some dark comedy). Despite some self-consciously arty touches (when the musical accompaniment kicks in the musicians turn up in the scene) it's got the kind of grim humour many DLers would appreciate. Only screened where you live if there's a half-decent arthouse cinema in the area - but worth the DVD/streaming wait IMHO

Butterfly kisses 2018 (there's actually another different movie called the same name in 2017) a great found footage horror movie.Found footage is one of my favourite types of horror, but even if you generally just like horror you'll enjoy it.

Went to see Detective Pikachu this week.

Witty and cute but not massively original.

Just watched 'Shazzam', meh. Fell asleep and missed the end. Don't think I missed much.