Cowboy Ronnie

Seen Any Good Films Lately?

I figured as there's a "Read any Good books Lately?" thread, and I can't read, that I'd start a movie version for those of us with the attention span of a goldfish. On a recent trip to the US I thoroughly enjoyed Superman Returns and (gulp) The Devil Wears Prada, and was astonished at how bewilderingly unfunny I found Borat. All the great reviews, massive box office, people (Americans even) in the cinema falling around laughing, while I sat there in stunned silence. Must be the curmudgeon thing.....

• Like 1

I watched 'Lord of the Rings: Return of the King' on 4 last Sunday.

I thought it would be crap but it was not too bad.

Mind you, it was watch the film or do an essay...

Give me an Ealing comedy every time.

I was recently sent a load of dvds, the sort given away free in the Daily Mail. There, hidden amongst the utter rubbish was the film, 'Kind Hearts and Coronets'. A brilliant film. In fact, I'm going to watch it again now.

'Yesterday was Thanks Giving and I was skipping through channels and came across 'You only live twice' '1967' starring Sean Connery. I was very jealous of Bond because he was tied to a chair on some Japenese boat, and this very attractive woman directly threatened to torture him with a surgical tool. But then they started smoochin and this chick was a five star kisser. I mean '5 star' and she untied him and before I knew it this red headed heel was zipped undressed.

Duck Soup.

Give me an Ealing comedy every time.

I was recently sent a load of dvds, the sort given away free in the Daily Mail. There, hidden amongst the utter rubbish was the film, 'Kind Hearts and Coronets'. A brilliant film. In fact, I'm going to watch it again now.

Is that the one with Alec Guiness playing all the main parts whilst he murders his way to the throne? I haven't seen it in years, it was very good.

V for Vendetta.

Not a lizard or alien mothership in sight, but pretty good notwithstanding.

Rated Borat when I saw it weeks back.

Thought Pierrepoint excellent on DVD tonight, Timothy Spall at his very best. Currently listening to an interview with Pierrepoint himself, available as a link from the page on the Wikipedia.

Rated Borat when I saw it weeks back.

Thought Pierrepoint excellent on DVD tonight, Timothy Spall at his very best. Currently listening to an interview with Pierrepoint himself, available as a link from the page on the Wikipedia.

Hear hear, I watched Pierrepoint a few weeks ago, hardly ever watch films, I thought it was very good.

Is that the one with Alec Guiness playing all the main parts whilst he murders his way to the throne? I haven't seen it in years, it was very good.

That's the one Josco. Although it was a coronet he was after not a crown <_<

Duck Soup (the repeat)

Hitchcock's 'Rebecca' isn't too bad either. I wonder if anyone else on this thread has an opinion.

Watched "Bad Santa" on Sky Movies last night ... highly recommended.

Hitchcock's 'Rebecca' isn't too bad either. I wonder if anyone else on this thread has an opinion.

Yeah, I er mentioned it a couple of posts ago.....sort of my "raison d'etre", so to speak...and a truly great film!

If you like French films I can recommend: Potage du canard.

If you like French films I can recommend: Potage du canard.

On the subject of French films, I saw 'The return of Martin Guerre' a couple of weeks ago. A really excellent film starring a young Gerard Depardieu before the debauchery had caught up with him.

The End. Quite a funny film about someone (Burt Reynolds) who believes he's dying and hires a hit man to bump him off so his death will be quick............ I wont go on as it might spoil the movie should you ever feel the urge to watch a 1970's movie

If you like your humour German style you're bound to enjoy this classic: Ente-Suppe.