themaninblack

28 Years Of The Deathlist!

Congratulations to the Deathlist of making 20 years of predictions.

Who'd have thought that a conversation in a student bar on the death of Cary Grant

could have led to all this.... :)

(probably) Britain's longst running 'Dead Pool'.

How did it keep going?

How many of the originators are still bothered?

And did happen to Deathlist 1988?

:)

Although GR is better placed to respond knowledgably to TMIB's queries, he's currently busy with upper senior management executive chairman of the very important board of directors type issues, leaving the plebs to carry out the day-to-day operations of the Death List.

I do think that's quite amusing CR since his name is in the public domain. I wonder how many of his clients know of the connection? Knowing how hard arsed they are in the City, I doubt that they would blink.

Has everyone forgotten who was on that first list? Did lists exist before the forum or were there many years after the initial idea when lists were not prepared?

• Like 1

Has everyone forgotten who was on that first list? Did lists exist before the forum or were there many years after the initial idea when lists were not prepared?

The '87 list (set in December '86) is the first list, and it should be included on the scroll down on the top of the page, along with every year through the present, excluding '88.

The '87 list (set in December '86) is the first list, and it should be included on the scroll down on the top of the page, along with every year through the present, excluding '88.

Thanks CR. It's along time since I've looked there. I note there are a few survivors from nearly 20 years ago.

The first one I remember was Louis Mountbatten (1979) I think it was the general shock of the murder rather than the man himself that made it memorable.

I can recall being in London in 1980 with my mother and me pointing to a headline on a newspaper standard claiming that John Lennon had been shot dead. "Don't be silly - who'd want to shoot him?" she said, in a voice probably slightly less like Terry Jones than I remember.

• Like 1

The first celeb deaths I remember were JFK in 1963 (I was 4), and then Churchill in 1965.

Bloody hell I feel really old now.

The first celeb deaths I remember were JFK in 1963 (I was 4), and then Churchill in 1965.

Bloody hell I feel really old now.

No, you'll be really old when you can't remember them any more. Or where you left your tartan shopping trolley.

Thanks CR. It's along time since I've looked there. I note there are a few survivors from nearly 20 years ago.

We could just for fun, put the only survivors from the 1987 list on the 2007 list and see what happens.

I think in total there are about 3 left remaining from the original list.

Another shocking one I've just remembered was the death of Ayrton Senna. My dad is a great lover of cars, everything from my childhood centred around cars and racing - we never even had proper holidays, our breaks away consisted of camping in fields by race tracks while my dad competed in amateur rallies. Every Sunday throughout the F1 season, if we so much as breathed heavily whilst the TV was on we'd suffer his wrath. Senna is the first F1 death I can remember, along with Ratzenburger that same weekend, although that didn't seem to have the same shock value as Senna - I'm sure there must have been others before them though in my lifetime.

We could just for fun, put the only survivors from the 1987 list on the 2007 list and see what happens.

Good call Phantom... :P

I just had a look there are 5 still alive from the 1987 list

Andera De Cesaris

Clive Dunn

Jimmy Saville

Ozzy Osbourne

Anna Wing

Andera De Cesaris

Clive Dunn

Jimmy Saville

Ozzy Osbourne

Anna Wing

18 years after learning about the Death List I still have no idea who Anna Wing is. But I'd support her inclusion in 2007 if only for the prospective "Wing and a prayer" death announcement.

Andera De Cesaris

Clive Dunn

Jimmy Saville

Ozzy Osbourne

Anna Wing

18 years after learning about the Death List I still have no idea who Anna Wing is. But I'd support her inclusion in 2007 if only for the prospective "Wing and a prayer" death announcement.

She's an aging British television actress. Most people tend to remember her as Lou Beale in Eastenders

The only other thing I can remember her from was she played the neighbour in the Sci-Fi movie Xtro and she also played one of the women in the village in Pete & Dud's version of The Hound of The Baskervilles.

Andera De Cesaris

Clive Dunn

Jimmy Saville

Ozzy Osbourne

Anna Wing

She's an aging British television actress. Most people tend to remember her as Lou Beale in Eastenders

The only other thing I can remember her from was she played the neighbour in the Sci-Fi movie Xtro and she also played one of the women in the village in Pete & Dud's version of The Hound of The Baskervilles.

There's also a couple of Beatles left.

Really? I had no idea George was still alive.Did a white pages telephone die-directly-directory search and found there are 9 Beatles still listed.

Which members of the Beatle family were you thinking of Grodot?

Really? I had no idea George was still alive.Did a white pages telephone die-directly-directory search and found there are 9 Beatles still listed.

Paul and Ringo, perhaps?

regards,

Hein

Paul and Ringo, perhaps?

regards,

Hein

Quite, and it's Godot Mr Bumley.

January - 13

Febuary - 13

March - 23

April - 15

May - 13

June - 15

July - 9

August - 10

September - 14

October - 9

November - 7

December - 10

January - 13

Febuary - 13

March - 23

April - 15

May - 13

June - 15

July - 9

August - 10

September - 14

October - 9

November - 7

December - 10

What's all this about? Enlighten me...

January - 13

Febuary - 13

March - 23

April - 15

May - 13

June - 15

July - 9

August - 10

September - 14

October - 9

November - 7

December - 10

What's all this about? Enlighten me...

It looks like the total number of deaths predicted by DL over the past 20 years, although it seems to add up to 151 rather than 150

It looks like the total number of deaths predicted by DL over the past 20 years, although it seems to add up to 151 rather than 150

It is 'By Month' the history of Deathlist. March leads with a scary total of 23 deaths. Last night I wasn't all there, that would explain my count of 151.

Today is the 21st Anniversary of Cary Grant's death, whch led inevitably to the Deathlist itself so.....

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEATHLIST!

:ph34r:

I can imagine Grim Reaper being the goody goody of the crowd - only one beer and a half for him and then it's back to the dorm to study Algebraic expression.

Then in the upper right corner on the cheap TV which hangs Carey Grant is shown being carried away dead by the medical team on the stretcher. Then Grim Reaper had a few more beers and he figured it all out.

Only if people really listened to their ideas more often. One day it just might spark something genius.

I can imagine Grim Reaper being the goody goody of the crowd - only one beer and a half for him and then it's back to the dorm to study Algebraic expression.

Then in the upper right corner on the cheap TV which hangs Carey Grant is shown being carried away dead by the medical team on the stretcher. Then Grim Reaper had a few more beers and he figured it all out.

Only if people really listened to their ideas more often. One day it just might spark something genius.

Cary Grant was hanged by a television?

• Like 1