themaninblack

28 Years Of The Deathlist!

For the 30th anniversary list what you guys think of including the only survivor of the orignal list Ozzy ?

hmm his lifestyle could catch up with him and he would be in his 70,s by then so yeah but if he looks great for his age at that time then no

If you take the (*ominous music interlude*) Curse of the Deathlist to heart, Ozzy's not got much time left. Namely, that in 2010, there was five members of the original Deathlist still standing (discounting the Any One Beatle thing, as George snuffed it in 2001): Anna Wing, Jimmy Savile, Ozzy, Andrea de Cesaris and Deathlist favourite Clive Dunn. Then in 2011, Jimmy Savile died, though his monster lives on. In 2012, Clive Dunn actually died. In 2013, Anna Wing. And then in 2014, de Cesaris managed to die in a car crash. So in 2015, we have one original Deathlist pick left, so if the cycle continued...

Clearly this is a curse as worthy as that of Tutenkhamun. Just think, people thought that was coincidence too, but here we are, a mere ninety years on, and everyone involved has died. Heh.

• Like 2

If you take the (*ominous music interlude*) Curse of the Deathlist to heart, Ozzy's not got much time left. Namely, that in 2010, there was five members of the original Deathlist still standing (discounting the Any One Beatle thing, as George snuffed it in 2001): Anna Wing, Jimmy Savile, Ozzy, Andrea de Cesaris and Deathlist favourite Clive Dunn. Then in 2011, Jimmy Savile died, though his monster lives on. In 2012, Clive Dunn actually died. In 2013, Anna Wing. And then in 2014, de Cesaris managed to die in a car crash. So in 2015, we have one original Deathlist pick left, so if the cycle continued...

Clearly this is a curse as worthy as that of Tutenkhamun. Just think, people thought that was coincidence too, but here we are, a mere ninety years on, and everyone involved has died. Heh.

Sorry but that reminded me of this

• Like 3

Sorry but that reminded me of this

:lol: It went through my mind as I was typing it, too.

• Like 1

I think the first notable celebrity death for me was Elvis. I was 10 at the time (turning 11 the next month) and actually knew who he was.

I was about four months pregnant with my first son when Princess Diana died. I watched her funeral on TV. The boys walking with her coffin was a heartbreaking image.

My day usually starts around PST 05:00, I remember watching the news and then breaking story of the 9/11 attacks. I immediately called my kid's aunt in New York but the line was busy and constantly busy throughout the day. She eventually sent an email to the family around 20:00 letting us know their family were all okay. The kid's uncle followed up with an email around midnight about his experience that day. He was working a few blocks away and had a clear view of the World Trade Centre.

Like Sir Creep, I remember the 1986 Space Shuttle explosion as well. I was home sick. I didn't see it live, but got a call from my BF at the time to turn on the news. All those children tuned in to watch the teacher in space, what a terrible thing to witness.

I'll finish with Robin Williams, while driving home from work I heard the announcement on the radio and I had to pull over because I started to cry. It is usuallywith morbid facination that I follow celebrity deaths, but his death hit me hard.

Happy Anniversary Deathlist!! Congrats on your 29th on this, the 29th!

I want to thank everyone here for making me so welcome in the past months! Having been a follower for a while, I finally joined the fun and it has been a pleasure getting to know you all in a virtual capacity.

Looking forward to still being here for your 30th next year.

Peace, YW.

• Like 1

Happy Anniversary Deathlist!! Congrats on your 29th on this, the 29th!

I want to thank everyone here for making me so welcome in the past months! Having been a follower for a while, I finally joined the fun and it has been a pleasure getting to know you all in a virtual capacity.

Looking forward to still being here for your 30th next year.

Peace, YW.

Piss off.

:lol:

• Like 4

Happy Anniversary deathlist.

20 years since the death ofCary Grant today.

11.jpg

Funnily enough, I can remember it well about Cary Grant's death - didn't Jimmy Cagney

die in the same year?

Yes he did. I remember Cary Grant's death really well too. They showed a lot of his films as tribute and I remember sulking behind the sofa when "Father Goose" came on because I didn't want to watch another of his films.

1986 must have been the year I starting taken notice of "celebrity" deaths as I remember exactly where I was when I heard that Ted Moult had blown his brains out.

Well once again the Radio Times genome proves that my memory is a little off as the film tributes didn't start until a couple of months after his death maybe I don't remember Cary Grant's death after all, just the mind numbing boredom of a winter Sunday afternoon and having to watch Father Goose.

http://genome.ch.bbc.co.uk/search/0/20?adv=0&q=cary+grant+tribute&media=all&yf=1923&yt=2009&mf=1&mt=12&tf=00%3A00&tt=00%3A00

I definitely do remember Ted Moult shooting himself though.

Showing my own age, perhaps, but I only know of Ted Moult due to his references on here over the years.

Showing my own age, perhaps, but I only know of Ted Moult due to his references on here over the years.

Most of which have probably been from me I imagine.

• Like 1

Most of which have probably been from me I imagine.

Quite possibly!

I remember the big press reaction to Peter Cushing's death (as he has been Doctor Who in the films) but the first celebrity death I really recall for someone I knew on the TV regularly was Roy Castle.

Most people only remember him from being on double-glazing adverts, but before that he was one of those people that always used to turn up on panel games on the radio, Any Questions and that sort of thing. No idea why.

• Like 1

Most people only remember him from being on double-glazing adverts, but before that he was one of those people that always used to turn up on panel games on the radio, Any Questions and that sort of thing. No idea why.

His day job was a farmer and he was the first celebrity in dictionary corner on the first episode of Countdown.

His day job was a farmer and he was the first celebrity in dictionary corner on the first episode of Countdown.

Splendid fact there! That would make an excellent pub quiz question!

Splendid fact there! That would make an excellent pub quiz question!

• Like 1

As good a thread as any...

Canadian Paul used to be in this parish but hasn't been on in ages, but I saw a recent edit on wiki by that moniker.

Take it he just 'stopped' ?

Canadian Paul used to be in this parish but hasn't been on in ages, but I saw a recent edit on wiki by that moniker.

He's doing a PhD and is fairly recently married so I guess he has other priorities.

• Like 1

Cheers, was just curious when I saw the wiki edit.

Could be another Canadian Paul

Happy 30th Birthday to deathlist. Hopefully you'll finally break the record next year. :birthday:

Ah, a birthday fact then.

With the passing of Fidel, we've now reached 70 Deathlist hits, since Zsa Zsa Gabor got the last rites.

• Like 4

This thread is 10 years old. Blimey...

On 11/29/2016 at 01:42, Joey Russ said:

Happy 30th Birthday to deathlist. Hopefully you'll finally break the record next year. :birthday:

They did.

Not entirely a pointless thread bump, despite everyone missing the all important 31st anniversary, for shame. I don't remember where I was 31 years ago - teething, mostly.

Anyhow, given we have a whole bunch of younger posters on here now, I was curious what was their first remembered celebrity deaths?  Instead of starting a new thread for this, I went and found the actual thread with everyone's memories in it, and ask Joey, Rad, Sean, any others I forget.

Oh yeah, and a correction. On the previous page I said my earliest memory of a celebrity death was Roy Castle. It turns out Peter Cushing died a few weeks earlier, so is actually the correct answer.

Right, as you were.

Might've been Charles Schulz for me. I also distinctly remember being told at school that Rosa Parks died. It was around the time of Steve Irwin's death I took a real interest in celeb deaths and first discovered DL around December 2006 - a vintage celeb death month to discover it. (three DL hits in Pinochet, Joe Barbera, and Ford and other notable deaths such as Peter Boyle, James Brown, and Saddam)

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Death Impends said:

Might've been Charles Schulz for me. I also distinctly remember being told at school that Rosa Parks died. It was around the time of Steve Irwin's death I took a real interest in celeb deaths and first discovered DL around December 2006 - a vintage celeb death month to discover it. (three DL hits in Pinochet, Joe Barbera, and Ford and other notable deaths such as Peter Boyle, James Brown, and Saddam)

I was actually really surprised when they actually hung Saddam. I was convinced they'd do a fudge deal.