Sign in to follow this  
Tempus Fugit

Yegor Gaidar

That'll be the Guinness then. Got a touch of that this morning myself. 'Paddys Revenge' I think it's called.

Former Russian Prime Minister Yegor Gaidar had a sudden and mysterious illness last week, while visiting Dublin

Former Russian PM 'was poisoned'

Doctors treating former Russian Prime Minister Yegor Gaidar, who is gravely ill, believe he was poisoned, an aide said. "Doctors don't see a natural reason for the poisoning and they have not been able to detect any natural substance known to them" in Gaidar's body, spokesman Valery Natarov said. "So obviously we're talking about poisoning (and) it was not natural poisoning."

I don't have a job at the moment, but I've decided on a new career. I'm going to move to St. Petersburg and start up a Polonium-210 production lab.

I don't have a job at the moment, but I've decided on a new career. I'm going to move to St. Petersburg and start up a Polonium-210 production lab.

Can't you produce it in Newcastle Under Lyme? Local councils are all in favour of innovative commercial enterprises.

A bit of googling tells me that the local economic regeneration service, will be happy to help point you in the right direction. Telephone 01782 742461 :P

Can't you produce it in Newcastle Under Lyme? Local councils are all in favour of innovative commercial enterprises.

A bit of googling tells me that the local economic regeneration service, will be happy to help point you in the right direction. Telephone 01782 742461 :P

I'm sure I could produce it here. After all, I did A Level Chemistry at Newcastle Under Lyme College. Demand for Po-210 seems to be higher in Russia, though.

I'm sure I could produce it here. After all, I did A Level Chemistry at Newcastle Under Lyme College. Demand for Po-210 seems to be higher in Russia, though.

Hey, I stayed in Newcastle Under Lyme last summer for a softball tournament. No offense, but what a shithole. One night we amused ourselves sitting in the pub across from The 80's Bar and commenting on the dreadful fashion decisions on display, mostly committed by the fair maidens of the town.

Mario Scaramella has also fallen foul of the polonium radiation

Gaidar had 'no radiation poison'

The health authorities in Ireland say former Russian Prime Minister Yegor Gaidar has not been the victim of radiation poisoning.

Eggageration is so overated these days.

Well Banshees, while a point could be deducted for spelling, full marks for the sentiment. Nowadays, any time anyone feeling paranoid that someone in Mother Russia is out to get them comes down with a sniffle, the first reaction appears to be, "Radiation poisoning! I'm going to die!" until they get better three days later. Scare-a-monger was the same, claiming he had received five times the dosage of baloneyum needed to kill him:

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/2d9df162-83c6-11db...00779e2340.html

The whole lot of 'em are right up there with professional footballers in terms of pretending to be injured when they really aren't.

Doctors have yet to reveal their diagnosis, but have said his internal organs suffered "radical changes."

What on earth? Is this a polite way of referring to pancreatitis and liver cirrhosis brought on by too much drinking? Or are they saying he's just grown a third lung or what in the world are they on about?

• Like 1