Godot

The Monkeys

Who is going to win a Monkey?

An idea trailed on the Hartlepool Deadlypool forum, hence the Monkeys (in honour of said Hartlepool monkey) for contributions to the deathlist. Virtual DL awards for 2006. List your nominations here with links if known.

• Thread of the year - for the most entertaining thread of 2006, judged on artistic merit, content, interest and general good value.

• Post of the year - for the single most entertaining or amazing post.

• Best rant - for the most hatefilled rant of the year.

• Best link - most entertaining link.

• Best death - for the most interesting and talked about death of the year.

The opinion of the judges is final.

A contender for rant has to be the guy who single-handedly crashed the thread on our favourite young cancer ridden snooker player by hunting down the work and home addresses of the Grim Reaper and posting them repeatedly.

Hate filled to an obsessive degree I'd say.

Post of the year contenders are surely found in the thread containing BBC people slagging Iain off...

I think you are referring to this thread.

I know it's a love it or hate it thread but Dickie O' must surely be the thread of the year. What could beat it?

I know it's a love it or hate it thread but Dickie O' must surely be the thread of the year. What could beat it?

Self decapitation?

I think the Paul Hunter thread had its moments, and the Jsoie Gorevs thread looks like it's going to end up a real crowd pleaser thanks to our friend Mr Google.

May I propose some more categories?

Most entertaining poster of the year - quality, not quantity - otherwise MPFC would win it hands down!

Thread which most people would like to see deleted.

Favourite Mod/ Admin. Bribes will be gratefully accepted.

Member who most people would like to see banned.

Let the fun begin.

May I propose some more categories?

Most entertaining poster of the year - quality, not quantity - otherwise MPFC would win it hands down!

I always enjoy MH's posts.

Thread which most people would like to see deleted.

Richard O'Sullivan.

Favourite Mod/ Admin. Bribes will be gratefully accepted.

Again, MH, for consistent maintenance of the site, banning spammers, etc.

Member who most people would like to see banned.

no one at the moment

Let the fun begin.

I would endorse CR's comments on Hein although, funnily enough among the most entertaining posters I would list CR himself, Josco and The Pooka for consistency of wit. Haven't yet singled out a specific post.

Who is going to win a Monkey?

An idea trailed on the Hartlepool Deadlypool forum, hence the Monkeys (in honour of said Hartlepool monkey) for contributions to the deathlist. Virtual DL awards for 2006. List your nominations here with links if known.

• Thread of the year - for the most entertaining thread of 2006, judged on artistic merit, content, interest and general good value.

• Post of the year - for the single most entertaining or amazing post.

• Best rant - for the most hatefilled rant of the year.

• Best link - most entertaining link.

• Best death - for the most interesting and talked about death of the year.

The opinion of the judges is final.

some tough categories, but I'll give it a shot:

Thread of the year - Pete Doherty. More a vote for the man than the thread. Has anyone ever been the subject of more pathetic news stories in one year?

Post of the Year - after getting slagged off for agreeing with everything people wrote, Six posted "I totally agree".

Best rant - pick from several in Paul Hunter

Best link - none that really stand out, can't be arsed to look through 80+ pages of things to do while waiting.....

Best death - Pinochet. A shining example of what the DL is all about. Unarguably globally famous, a long time DL nominee, and outside a few right wing Chileans, and Maggie T, pretty much everyone's happy he's gone.

Ok here goes... just off the top of my head, you understand...

My 'Thread of the Year' award would go to 'Room 101' as I love all the anger and bitching, and I do a great deal of nodding and giggling whilst reading!

The thread I would like to see removed is ( sorry MPFC ) the 'Football' thread. I'm not a huge fan... In fact, I can't stand the game.

My 'Poster of the Year' award would go to MPFC ( does that make up for the last entrant??)for the hugely amusing posts, most of which I agree with ( although I can't usually say this for fear of upsetting certain other members!).

My ' Post of the Year ' would go to TLC's Text Message. ( Scroll down past the first post ) Brought tears to my eyes! ( TLC is very close to MPFC for entertaining posts, so maybe a runner up award?)

I can't think of any one rant that I would award, as they're all pretty amusing. Any link to GWBush-bashing would win an award for Best Link, and I can't think of any member I'd most like to see banned... ( I bet I'm on at least one list there though!) As for the best Admin/Mod... well, they're all lovely sweethearts who should be constantly praised and admired aren't they? Who could chose a favourite?

I think that's enough for one day... Wow, I'm shattered now. My posts are usually so small! That's my load anyhow.

Trawling through the posts I liked this handy sandwich recipe from scsibear, about half way down, post #9.

If we had a member of the year award I think it should go either to Bruno or M.Lawrenson; men who've battled demons and returned to post with focus and passion.

Post of the year contenders are surely found in the thread containing BBC people slagging Iain off...

I think you are referring to this thread.

Abso-bloody-lutely Football Fan, this thread also contains my nominations for the 'best getting around the swear filter by adding suffixes' award. The best thread ever :huh:

can I change one of my votes? For best death of the year, I now wish to nominate Steve Irwin. So many strong elements: internationally famous, still in the prime of life, violent death (possibly caught on camera. When are they getting that film back from the chemist's?), and the hue and cry it prooked on the DL and around the world was astonishing. Also massive props to whomever picked him on the DDP - one of the best selections ever.

can I change one of my votes? For best death of the year, I now wish to nominate Steve Irwin. So many strong elements: internationally famous, still in the prime of life, violent death (possibly caught on camera. When are they getting that film back from the chemist's?), and the hue and cry it prooked on the DL and around the world was astonishing. Also massive props to whomever picked him on the DDP - one of the best selections ever.

I think Irwin would get my vote too. It was a death that had everything. Number two would be Paul Hunter. After that it's a struggle. Freddy Garrity? Profumo?

I'd like to nominate myself. For this post.

:huh:B)

Which category did you have in mind? ;)

I'd have thought Notaspud's going for classiest post of the year. Gets my vote.

Crikey; the more I think about it the more there's only one death of the year.

I think I have just seen my favourite link. This one by Godot. Not only that but I now have a new hobby.