Sign in to follow this  
Cowboy Ronnie

2007 DL Nominations Please

I considered putting this on the Ideas and Possibilities thread, but thought it deserved its own. The Committee will be holding the 2007 Death List selection meeting toward the end of the month. While we haven't discussed inviting other DL members to attend, this will be on the agenda and may be possible for next year. In the meantime we would very much appreciate any top tips anyone might have for the 2007 list. It would be very helpful if you can provide a rationale why so and so would be a good selection (just a line or two, and any links confirming ill health, advance stages of cancer, etc. would be great).

If you'd prefer that the whole world not see your suggestions for DDP or other purposes, please feel free to PM your suggestions to me or GR. I won't be entering a DDP team, so your inside info will remain sacred. And I will do my level best to lobby for any good suggestions at the committee meeting.

Thanks in advance for any contributions.

CR

ps - we are particularly looking for candidates who are unarguably internationally famous, i.e. not people who for whom we'd have to scrabble around the web looking for an obit in the Outer Hebrides Coastal Bi-Monthly Times.

Pavarotti, he's very famous (I would think all Deathlisters would have heard of him prior to his diagnosis) and very ill with pancreatic cancer.

Mark Felt, 93 (aka Deep Throat) - Ill health for the last couple of years

Maurice Papon, 96 - French war criminal - sentenced to 10 years in prison for war crimes, but released due to ill health

Yitzhak Shamir, 95 - Ex Israeli Prime Minister - suffering from poor health and dementia for last couple of years, in a nursing home

Ariel Sharon, 78 - Ex Israeli Prime Minister - In a coma after suffering a massive stroke last year

Luciano Pavarotti, 70 - pancreatic cancer

Tammy Faye Messner, 64 - American evangelist, talk show hostess - Famous ex wife of disgraced evangelist Jim Bakker -suffering from lung cancer

Fidel Castro, 80 - President of Cuba - ill health since emergency intestinal surgery at the end of July

Trying to cater for international famousness rather than pandering solely to the left brainers and their undoubtedly informative ailments-related points systems, I would suggest these:

Dowager Duchess of Devonshire (the last Mitford sister)

Olivia de Haviland

Baroness Falkender

Jack Jones

Maurice Papon

Stanley Baxter ("Izat a marra on yer barra, Clara?")

Peter O’Toole (still working but so was Oliver Reed when he dropped dead)

E Gough Whitlam (The Ozzies need some new ashes)

Robert M. Morgenthau (New York DA)

Larry Hagman

Kirk Douglas

Robert Kee

Jerry Lewis

Louis Farrakhan

John Forsythe

Ian Smith, former Prime Minister of Rhodesia, 87. You take a look at this picture that was taken in 2000 and you tell me how long he's got to live. Also, he's moved from his farm in Zimbabwe to live with his step-daughter in South Africa. His health must be real bad if the stubborn old man was willing to give up his farm.

Jack Kevorkian, 78. Dr. Death is terminally ill with Hepatitus C. Go here for the source. It only seems right for Kevorkian to be on deathlist.

Thanks.

Maurice Papon, 96 - French war criminal - sentenced to 10 years in prison for war crimes, but released due to ill health

Yitzhak Shamir, 95 - Ex Israeli Prime Minister - suffering from poor health and dementia for last couple of years, in a nursing home

Ariel Sharon, 78 - Ex Israeli Prime Minister - In a coma after suffering a massive stroke last year

Luciano Pavarotti, 70 - pancreatic cancer

Tammy Faye Messner, 64 - American evangelist, talk show hostess - Famous ex wife of disgraced evangelist Jim Bakker -suffering from lung cancer

Fidel Castro, 80 - President of Cuba - ill health since emergency intestinal surgery at the end of July

I'd also add,

Zsa Zsa Gabor - been ailing for some time, '07 could be her year.

Saddam Hussein - Surely he should be on the list, a death you can feel good about.

Estelle Getty - a Golden Girl who must surely die soon with all her health problems

Magnus Magnusson - Cancer, but not much else heard since, might not bode well.

Add to that the following.....

Frank Stanton - CBS chief 1948-71, 99 next year

Elliott Carter - US composer, also 99 next year

Sidney Sheldon - US writer, ill for some time

Ray Bradbury - US writer, ill for some time

John Forsythe - you name it, he's got it...

George Blake - Double agent, seriously ill

Jessie Helms - US politician, Dementia

Deborah Kerr - has had Parkinson's for a while, as had

Muhammad Ali and

Jeremy Thorpe, Liberal Party leader 1967-76

Ahmet Ertegun - Atlantic Records boss, could be the Lou Rawls of 07

Brian Matthew - Radio 2 DJ, not heard of for a while, unspecified illness...

Captain Beefheart - has had MS for two decades and finally...

Lee Hazlewood - he's goin' and he knows it...

:lol:

Beginning at the end of the alphabet, and having proceeded no further, I present for your consideration

Boris Yelstin--age 76 this February, with infarctions and suicide attempts on his resume.

Not Olivia de Havilland. She looked ready to rock til 100 at her party recently.

My suggestions:

Saddam Hussein - execution

Lansana Conte - very ill

Ariel Sharon - coma

Fidel Castro - terminally ill?

Maurice Papon - the bastard has to go soon

Basil d'Oliviera - very ill with Parkinson's

Ahmet Ertugun - coma

Frederick Chiluba - very ill with heart probs

Luciano Pavarotti - pancreatic cancer

Louis Farrkahan - cancer

Gabriel Garcia Marquez - cancer

Phil Hill - very frail & ill fast

Charlie Drake - ill

Jesse Helms - dementia

Kurt Waldheim - frail, internal bleeding

Sargent Shriver - alzheimers

Richard Widmark - lucky pick

To conceal the following have no order, just would benifit the 2007 Deathlist. These are some suggestions.

Gerald Ford And Betty - Frail US President - Odds are good that atleast one passes

Mother Angelicca - American Roman Catholic nun\founder of the Eternal Word Television Network. Very Frail

Fidel Castro - On the lower stilts of the list. Is probably dieing.

Meinhardt Rabbe - A fairly famous part in the first ever movie with color. Famous enough, A really good pick.

Tammy Faye Messner - 'If she survives'

Ariel Sharon - Machines keep him alive.. selection number 1.

Tom Hamilton - Aerosmith bassist since 1972, has throat cancer. But I don't know how bad.

Teodoro Obiang Nguema Mbasogo - Obiang is suffering from terminal prostate cancer, amongst other illnesses, is reported to weigh as little as 50kg, and is said to be existing in agony

Maharishi Mahesh Yogi - Should return.

Joan Fontaine and Olivia de Havilland - Odds are good atleast one passes.

Frankie Laine\ Tony Martin - odds are good atleast one passes

Zsa Zsa Gabor - Poor health.

Frank Cady - Famous actor\ Will be 92

David Rockefellar - If Brooke Astor makes the list, he passes the test. Good pick.

Tasha Tudor- illustrated nearly one hundred books. In her ninties.

Mark Felt - In recent interviews is talked about in past tense. Should be on the list.

Lady Bird Johnson - Should remain.

Joey Bishop - Last remaining member of 'The Rat Pack' A good pick.

Joyce Randolph - 'Honeymooners' 'Only surving cast member' 'Into her eighties'

Jean Stapleton - 'All in the faimly' 'Into her eighties'

Bruce Bennett - 100 year old actor

Phyllis A. Whitney - Author, 103.

Sammy Baugh - 92, Hall of Fame football player for the Washington Redskins, first star quarterback in the NFL

James "Whitey" Bulger - Will be 78\ Boston organized crime boss, listed as one of the FBI's Ten Most Wanted fugitives

Earl Butz - 97, politician who resigned after a foolish joke.

Pierre Cardin - Will be 85, Founder very famous designing. If Estee Lauder made it, so should he.

Jackie Cooper - 85 - 'Little Rascals'

Phyllis Diller - 89 - Famous comedian. Should make it.

Horton Foote - 90 - Famous playwrite.

Miep Gies - 96 - I don't know about her fame, but she saved this girls diary.

Doris Day - Actress in her eighties.

Henry Heimlich - 86 - Organized the 'Heimlich maneuver' saved people from choking to death.

Edmond Hillary - Famous mountain climber. Should make it.

Gordon Hinckley - 96 - Religion

Dolores Hope - 97 - Dancer, Bobs wife

Howard E Hunt - 88 - Watergate

Saddam Hussein - Will be hung - Yes?

I'll be back, I have just started.

Tasha Tudor- illustrated nearly one hundred books. In her ninties.

Blimey, what did she do in her first eighty years?

Said I was not going to post a list the other day but I'll add 10 top ones for you that no one else has listed on here yet:-

Pete Doherty - drugs and the size of his thread!

David Crosby - liver transplant

Osama bin Laden - has to happen sometime and he has a kidney problem

Mugabe - Prostate and a target for a coup.

Gerard Depardieu - liver transplant

Yves St Laurent - frail and depression

Gen. Noriega - stroke

Stephen Hawking - Motor Neuron

James Brown - prostate & diabetes

Maximillian Schell - diabetes & pancreatis

OK, my two cents Part I. People that haven't been mentioned yet:

George Melly (afflicted with everything under the sun)

Tsien Hsue-shen (Chinese rocket scientist hospitalized for the past few years)

Ronnie Biggs (still unwell in jail)

Abdul Qadeer Khan (very close to dying according to his family, bullshit according to government officials)

John Archibald Wheeler (nominating my favourite physicist again!)

Billy Graham (preacher who plans on dying with his boots on - which is likely to be soon)

Gore Vidal (supposedly written his last memoir and is waiting for the "exit" to catch up to him)

Jean of Luxembourg (85, not necessarily in ill-health, but it's nice to have a royal on the list)

I'm not saying that I'd put all those people on my list, but then again, I only have 20 spots, not 50.

Part II coming momentarily is my opinion on other nominations, whether you want it or not. :banghead:

I don't know if this is the place to say it or not, forgive me if it's not, but I'm against the idea of having Saddam on the list. I haven't been here for long, but I feel having someone who's going to be executed isn't in the spirit of the deathlist.

I'd also like to suggest Cheeta the Chimpanzee, he's 74 this year. I think he'd add a variety to the list.

OK, Part II.

Shamir is 91, if that makes any difference, but otherwise doing very poorly and unable to recognize visitors. Felt is reportedly described as "lucid," but still fairly ill.

Robert Anton Wilson - American Counter Culture philosopher

I've had my eye on him for a while too... his health status is fairly ambiguous in his little blog, but he'd no doubt make an interesting addition

John Forsythe - you name it, he's got it...

Jeremy Thorpe, Liberal Party leader 1967-76

Forsythe was recovering well last I heard. I'll have to recheck the Thorpe thread, but I believe someone posted a news story about him getting around a bit...

Meinhardt Rabbe - A fairly famous part in the first ever movie with color. Famous enough, A really good pick.

Teodoro Obiang Nguema Mbasogo - Obiang is suffering from terminal prostate cancer, amongst other illnesses, is reported to weigh as little as 50kg, and is said to be existing in agony

Joan Fontaine and Olivia de Havilland - Odds are good at least one passes.

Henry Heimlich - 86 - Organized the 'Heimlich maneuver' saved people from choking to death.

Raabe is still touring, so I'm not sure how good of a pick he'd make (although he'd at least be interesting). Obiang is not as cut and dry as that wikipedia quote makes it seem, he's no doubt ill, but he still makes weekly visits to foreign nations. Fontaine/de Havilland's mother lived to be almost 100 and both were doing quite well of late, so the odds are actually against one passing next year. Heimlich I believe is still doing this and that, if I remember his thread correctly.

Pete Doherty - drugs and the size of his thread!

He won't die.

David Crosby - liver transplant

I'm guessing your waiting on 'O he was pronounced dead durning surgery. :banghead:

Osama bin Laden - has to happen sometime and he has a kidney problem

He falls in the same catagory as Alois Brunner.

Mugabe - Prostate and a target for a coup.

Mugabe would make a fine selection.

Gerard Depardieu - liver transplant

Waiting on surgery is risky. I would decide between Depardieu or Crosby.

Yves St Laurent - frail and depression

Only about 70. Couple years yet, couple years.

Gen. Noriega - stroke

It was a minor stroke, couple years yet, couple years.

Stephen Hawking - Motor Neuron

Is equipt with (amyotrophic lateral sclerosis) - A good selection.

James Brown - prostate & diabetes

Maybe. It would have to be a real stroke of luck.

Maximillian Schell - diabetes & pancreatis

He's a gamble. - Overall hopefully atleast 3 of these picks will meet there demise in 2007.

Raabe is still touring, so I'm not sure how good of a pick he'd make (although he'd at least be interesting). Obiang is not as cut and dry as that wikipedia quote makes it seem, he's no doubt ill, but he still makes weekly visits to foreign nations. Fontaine/de Havilland's mother lived to be almost 100 and both were doing quite well of late, so the odds are actually against one passing next year. Heimlich I believe is still doing this and that, if I remember his thread correctly.

I heard he was still around somewhere, but he is a munchkin that is 91 years old, in my opinion he is worth an appearence. I just can't pass on it. The whole 'Certificate Of Death' thing just makes it essential. I also suspected Obiang may not have been so critically ill as expained, but i'm in doubt lies would be told about his cancer being terminal. I don't know much about Heimlich, but I figure why not take up both ends of the bargain, Fontaine and Havilland both about 90. If you don't get one you will get the other, it should be takin into consideration that the Fords are invited as a couple.

Tom Hamilton - Aerosmith bassist since 1972, has throat cancer. But I don't know how bad.

Not too bad. Following treatment he rejoined Aerosmith on tour but pulled out shortly afterwards - no serious reason, he just overestimated his strength and stamina and it was too much too soon. I don't think a real contender for 2007.

Not too bad. Following treatment he rejoined Aerosmith on tour but pulled out shortly afterwards - no serious reason, he just overestimated his strength and stamina and it was too much too soon. I don't think a real contender for 2007.

Too much, too soon, rather like New York Dolls bassist Arthur Kane...

I don't know if this is the place to say it or not, forgive me if it's not, but I'm against the idea of having Saddam on the list. I haven't been here for long, but I feel having someone who's going to be executed isn't in the spirit of the deathlist.

I'd also like to suggest Cheeta the Chimpanzee, he's 74 this year. I think he'd add a variety to the list.

Last I heard the rule was no animals. Gotta be human - or at least appear to be.

Cheeta the chimp would be an excellent selection, wasn't Red Rum on the list one year?

So why not Cheeta, he's a world famous movie star and the world's oldest known chimp.

Cheeta the chimp would be an excellent selection, wasn't Red Rum on the list one year?

So why not Cheeta, he's a world famous movie star and the world's oldest known chimp.

Over the years, rules have become more sifisticated. Red Rum was on the list a few years ago, but in Deathlists modern day, Cheeta would be considered illegal.

Over the years, rules have become more sifisticated. Red Rum was on the list a few years ago, but in Deathlists modern day, Cheeta would be considered illegal.

If nobody minds me asking, what exactly is the harm of having an animal on deathlist? I understand that if we allow one animal, we're opening the door to allowing more. But how many famous animals are there? I don't mean to be disrespectful, but sometimes rules have to change. And I don't see any harm in putting a chimp on the list. Even if we allow animals, there will always be a preference for humans on the list. I hope this doesn't turn into a large debate, because I don't think this is the right forum to do so in, but I just want to express why I think Cheeta should be allowed. Cheeta isn't going to harm anyone if he's on deathlist.

I hope this doesn't turn into a large debate, because I don't think this is the right forum to do so in

I don't think you understand. This is www.Deathlist.net